Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 12: Friends Or Enemies

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Not good at summeries

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-24 - Updated: 2007-09-24 - 2164 words - Complete

0Unrated


A week later Destiny was changing Andrew in a sleeper when the phone rang. "Hello?" "Hey babe." "Josh. How are you?" "Good. How are things back home?" "Alright. I told your mom. She's not happy." "What? How could you? I told you that moving back to Chicago was a bad idea. Now I'm going to have to clean your shit up." "Josh, don't be like this." "Does anyone else know?" "I told Kevin." "Who the hell is Kevin?" She knew he wasn't going to like it. "Patrick's brother." "Are you telling everybody? Do you want to stay together. Patrick is going to find out." "No, Kevin told me he wouldn't tell." "Whatever. I gotta go." He hung up on her. Destiny started crying.

She looked up and Andrew was looking at her. "Hey honey. Don't you worry. Things will be fine. Are you hungry?" She got up and got a bottle when there was a knock on the door. "Patrick. What are you doing here?" "We just got back and Kevin told me he seen you so I thought I would come over." "Come in. I was just about to feed Andrew." "Hey, look at me." He put his hand on her chin. "What's wrong?" "Josh called. I just miss him." "Well, I know I can't take his place, but I'm here." "Thank you. That means a lot to me."

They went to the living room and both sat on the couch. "He's sure grown a lot." "Well, he's almost 5 months old now." Destiny tried to feed Andrew but he didn't want the bottle. He kept crying. "What is it, sweetie." She felt his forehead. "Oh baby." "What is it?" Patrick asked. "He's burning up. Can you hold him so I can call the doctor?" "Sure. Here we go buddy." Patrick took Andrew in his arms. Destiny came back. "They want me to him in." "Can I go with you?" "If you want. You don't have to." "I want to." She smiled at him. "Okay. Let me get a diaper bag ready."

A few minutes later Destiny came out and they all left for the clinic. They got to the front desk. "How can I help you?" "My son has an appointment." "Andrew Michaels?" "Yes." "Okay. Have a seat and the nurse will be with you." Patrick had the carrier and sat down with Destiny. She was biting her nails. "Dest, I'm sure everything is fine. He probably just has an ear infection." "I know. Thank you for coming, Patty." "Anytime." He took her hand. "Andrew." The nurse said. They all followed the nurse into a room. "What's going on with Andrew." "Last night he was a little fussy, but I didn't really think anything of it. Then this afternoon he wouldn't take his bottle and was burning up." "Okay. Let me take his temperature." The nurse took his temperature. "It's a little high. 101.2. Has he been pulling on his ears or had a cold?" "He did have a cough." "Okay. Is this your husband?" "No, just a friend." "Alright, the doctor will be with you in a few minutes."

"Just a friend?" Patrick asked. "Well, your not my husband. What was I suppose to say?" "I don't know. Just kinda hurt. I think I'm more than just a friend." "Patrick, she didn't want to hear our life story." Just then there was a knock on the door and the doctor came in. "Hello, how are you all doing?" "Good." "Let's take a look at this guy." The doctor examined Andrew. "He has an ear infection. I'll give him a prescription for some medicine. Make sure he finishes it all. He should do alright. Do you have any questions?" "No, thank you doctor." "I'll fax the medicine and you can pick it up in a half hour." The doctor left and Patrick started to dress Andrew.

Destiny looked at the two boys. "Patrick, I need to tell you something." "Sure. What?" He continued to dress Andrew. "Um, thank you." She couldn't do it. "Well, it's alright. I don't mind." "Just then Destiny's phone rang. "Hello." "Destiny, this is Susan." "What is it?" "Josh wanted me to tell you that he's coming home in a few weeks." "Why didn't he tell me earlier?" "I guess he just found out." "Oh, okay.Thanks." "Bye." "Who was that?" "Josh's mom. He's coming home soon." She looked down. "You don't seem excited." "I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if I love him. Maybe it's just that we haven't spent a lot of time together." "Maybe. Do you love someone else?" She looked at Patrick. "No, there is no one else." She lied. "Okay. I'm sure things will work out. You just have to get use to one another. God, I can't believe I'm sticking up for that asshole." "Patrick! Not in front of Andrew." "He doesn't know what I'm saying." "He might. He's not stupid." He took Andrew and put him in the carrier.
They got to Destiny's apartment and Patrick dropped them off and went to get the medicine. A hour later he came back to the apartment. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He checked the door knob. It was open. "Honey, I'm home." He laughed at his own joke. He went to the living room. Destiny and Andrew were asleep on the couch. He looked down at them. God, he wanted both of them. He wanted Andrew to be his. Patrick went and took Andrew. "Hey there buddy. It's time for your medicine." Patrick gave Andrew his medicine and sat in the chair with him. Patrick closed his eyes and fell asleep.

A hour later Destiny woke up. She looked around and seen Andrew in Patrick's arms. They looked so cute. She got her camera and took a picture. Patrick woke up. "What are you doing?" Patrick asked. "I'm taking your picture." She smiled. "I gave Andrew his medicine. He seems to be doing good." "Thank you. I'm going to get his bottle ready. Do you want something to eat." "Actually, I think I'm going to go home. I'm really tired. Is that alright?" "Sure. Thank you for everything, Patrick. You mean so much to me." He kissed her on the cheek and left.

~Two Weeks Later~

Patrick was spending a lot of time with Andrew and Destiny. Destiny was having a hard time to keep quiet. She knew if she told him that Josh would be upset. Destiny was getting Andrew dressed. They were going to go for a walk. There was a knock on the door. "Hi Patrick. What's up?" "I got Andrew something." "Really. You know you don't have to." "I know. But this is something he really needs. It will get him all the chicks." She laughed. "Okay. I was getting him ready. We are going on a walk. Wanna come with us?" "I'd love to. Here's his gift." Destiny opened the bag. "This is going to get him all the chicks?" It was a little guitar. "I think he's a little young." "He'll use it in a few months. Come on, let's get him."

Patrick, Destiny, and Andrew walked down the street. Patrick was pushing the stroller. "Have you heard from Josh lately?" "No, he usually calls once a week. I have no idea when he is coming home." "Should be soon though. Right?" "Yeah, from what his mom said." They came to a café. "Do you want to get some supper?" "Sure. I'd love to." They went inside and got a table and ordered. Andrew started crying. Destiny got a bottle and fed him. "You really have taken to motherhood. Do you plan on going back to school?" "I don't know. I'd like to. It's just hard right now. And now my mom is moving to Canada." "She is? When?" "She applied for a job, not really thinking she would get it. But the pay is good. She actually leaves in a few weeks." "That soon. Are you going to be alright?" "Yeah. It's going to be hard. But I have you and Tina." Patrick found it odd she didn't mention Josh.
Their food came and they ate and walked back to the apartment. "I'm going to put Andrew down for bed. You can watch some TV." "Alright." Patrick sat down and turned the TV on. Destiny put Andrew down for bed and went to the couch. "He went right out. Poor little guy was tired." "Destiny," Patrick shut the TV off. "What? Is something wrong?" "No. I know I shouldn't tell you this, but I can't help myself. I still love you." "I care for you, Patrick. I'm married though." Patrick took her face in his hands and kissed her. "What about Becca?" "I don't love her. Not like you." The kiss deepened. Destiny sat on Patrick's lap. She ran her hands up and down his chest. "What about Josh?" Patrick asked. "I don't know. I don't know if I love him." She took his shirt off.
Patrick cupped her breasts. "Oh god, Patrick." She kissed him and slide her tongue in his mouth. He took her shirt off. "You feel so good Destiny." "What the fuck?" Destiny looked up. "Oh god. Josh. I'm sorry." She got off of Patrick. Patrick put his shirt on. "I'm sorry, Josh. It just happened. It's not her fault. It's mine." "Get out." "Will you be alright, Destiny." "Yes." Patrick left. "So, how long has this been going on?" "Nothing has been going on. It just happened." "If I didn't walk in you would of ended up fucking that shithead." "Josh, stop." She picked up her shirt.

Josh grabbed her arm. "Ow, you're hurting me." "I don't care. Have you told him?" "No, I was but I didn't." Josh slapped her. "I don't want him around here anymore." "I can't Josh. Why are you doing this. I need Patrick." "He threw her against the wall." "Why are you doing this? What did I do?" "What did you do? You were going to have sex with another man. You haven't even had sex with me." "I don't love you. I told you that when we started this whole charade. You'll never have my heart. Patrick will always hold it." Josh slapped her again. "You know what? You may be in the army and serving our country and have people look up to you, but Patrick is more of a man than you'll ever be." "You bitch." He ran to Destiny and she ran down the hall.

Josh was to quick for her. He hit her back and she fell on the ground face first. He sat on her and whispered in her ear. "Remember, what I said in North Carolina. You tell and you will lose everything. Cut all ties from Patrick or I will." He got off of her and she just laid there crying. She didn't know what she would do. Everything was a mess now. "Oh Patty. I love you."

The next week Destiny was walking on eggshells. Josh would fly off the handle at the littlest things. She called Patrick when Josh was at his mom and dad's. She had to tell him she couldn't see him anymore. She waited until her face healed. It was still red from the daily beatings, but not as bad. She called Patrick and they were going to meet at a coffee shop. Destiny's mom was taking care of Andrew.
"Hey Dest. How are you?" "I'm okay. I need to tell you something though." "Sure. You know you can tell me anything." She smiled at him. "I need to stop contact with you." "What? Why?" "I realize if I keep seeing you that there won't be a chance for Josh and I. Even letters or emails. I want nothing." "This is Josh's doing. Isn't it?" "No, that night if Josh didn't come home we probably would of slept together. You have Becca and I'm married. We need to go our separate ways. I will always love you, but I can't keep seeing you." "Destiny, why are you doing this?" "I told you. Please don't make this hard." "Hard. You are taking my heart out and stepping on it. Again. Why do I love you? You keep on hurting me. Fine. You don't want contact, you won't get it. We are finished as lovers and friends. I will get over you. I won't ever love you again. Remember that. I will not love you." He got up and threw some money on the table and left.

Destiny broke down. This was how it had to be. She knew if she had contact with Patrick and Josh found out she may not survive. He was becoming more brutal with each passing day. She figured it was the war. He had seen things no man or woman should have seen. She wiped her face and paid the bill and left the restaurant.
Sign up to rate and review this story