Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Misery Is A Friend Of Mine

I'm Happy & I Can Thank Myself

by xharlequingirl 3 reviews

She's happy or at least thats what she wants him to think.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-09-26 - Updated: 2007-09-26 - 1057 words

0Unrated
“Are you ready to go to sound check?” Daniella asked as she walked into the back room where Marla had disappeared in to.

“Yeah.” Marla nodded. “I’m ready to go.” She had been practicing her warm ups in the bus. She didn’t want to spend so much time out there not knowing who would be there. She wasn’t really into seeing everyone anyway. She was hoping the other bands would be at press junkets.

“Then let’s roll.” Austin smiled as he leaned into the room. “The fun is about to start.” He didn’t want any one to go into this with a negative attitude. Especially Marla. This would be so much more fun had Pete not broken her heart. Yes, in Austin’s eyes Pete was always going to be the one in the wrong. He broke his best friend’s heart. Not the other way around.

“Fun?” Marla and Daniella questioned at the same time as Austin shot her a look. He couldn’t get anyone to cooperate with him, really!

“Yes, fun, let’s go.” He grabbed them and they headed out of the bus and walked towards the arena. They weren’t exactly famous enough to need a security guard. Just Marla really, and only because of her relationship with Pete. Other than that they were just nobodies.

Getting into the arena they were greeted by Patrick from Fall Out Boy, three out of four Gym Class Hero members which were Travis, Matt and Eric.

“Marlaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Travis exaggerated as he ran over to her and picked her up in a hug and spinning her around wildly.

“Don’t break her, McCoy!” Patrick shook his head. “She’s not a rag doll dude.” He laughed as he hugged Marla once she was put back down on the ground.

“My liver just moved to the other side of my body.” Marla laughed as she threw her arms around Patrick and hugged him as everyone else was greeted. So far no signs of Pete, which was a good thing, but, Patrick was there, which meant he was somewhere around.

“Marla, get on stage and let me test the vocals while we get the equipment on stage.” Danny, the head tech, called out to her as she was standing with the guys.

“Yes sir, Danny boy.” Marla smiled as she made her way onto the stage and took her hands out of her hoodie as she played with the microphone stand. “Tell me when you’re ready.” She moved the ear piece around her neck and tucked it into her ear.

Things were going smoothly until out of the corner of her eye, Marla spotted Pete standing over to the side. He was down by the seats and trying his hardest to remain unnoticed while Andy and Joe walked around him.

Friends involved in the situation had tried not to take sides, the boys were a little bit better at this than Daniella or Krysten had been with the whole thing. At any given moment they were ready to rip Pete’s manhood off.

“Yo Mama, sing something we don’t know!” Travis called as he sat down in one of the seats with Patrick and the rest of the guys as Austin, Daniella and Krysten had started towards the stage to make sure all their equipment was accounted for. They had also seen Pete and just wanted to be closer to Marla. This was the first interaction since the actual break up.

“Alright, go for it, Marla.” Danny nodded towards her. He had no idea what she was going to sing, so it was just her, no music.

I understand why you're looking for tears in my eyes
Trust me they were there but now the well has run dry
I was in so deep but couldn’t get out
I sat on feelings I buried deep down
I knew there'd come a day when our paths would cross
And glad its today cause now I am strong

I’m happy and I can thank myself
If it were up to you I’d be in my bed crying
But I’m happy and I know that makes you sad
After all the things you put me through
I’m finally getting over you

There is a reason why we met, I’m glad that we did
But when we broke up, I got back a part of me I really missed
Not saying that you brought me down all the time
There were moments I lived without light on my side

I’m happy and I can thank myself
If it were up to you I’d be in my bed crying
But I’m happy and I know that makes you mad
After all the things you put me through
I’m finally getting over you.



Daniella smiled as she got onto the stage and fixed her bass. She was proud of Marla as they all kinda nonchalantly watched Pete disappear into the back. Marla wasn’t being timid, or well, without throwing the word around, emo. She wasn’t crying over him and she wanted him to know that. She was proud of her best friend.

“That sounded great, Marla. Let’s get the instruments hooked up now.” Danny said as he gave her a smile and a small wink.

“Thanks.” Marla shrugged as she stuffed her hands back into the pockets of her hoodie. When she sang she was this larger than life personality, but Marla was timid. She just was. There was no changing that about her personality.

Patrick and Travis exchanged knowing glances at one another as their eyes followed Pete. He should have known better than to come out here during her sound check. He was just asking for the punches to be thrown. Verbally, and with Austin around, maybe even physically. He had dug his own grave, they had no sympathy for him.

The band got on stage and started their sound check. They just wanted to get it over as soon as possible. Marla wanted to get away from the guys, she could only handle them in little doses. Not that she didn’t like them, but they were his friends and the whole situation made her nervous.


Song Happy by Hilary Duff.
Sign up to rate and review this story