Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little More Touch Me

Epilogue

by riaryder 7 reviews

A little bit of fluff

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-26 - Updated: 2007-09-27 - 213 words - Complete

2Moving
Epilogue

"Stop fidgeting, Joseph," my mother scolded me.

I pulled at my tie, trying to loosen it, finally giving in and unbuttoning my top button.

"There she is," my father stage whispered from beside us, catching sight of Megan as she waited in the distance.

We waited as the graduates filed past, one by one, but my eyes never left her. And as she finally stepped towards the podium, I saw her take a deep breath and prepare for her walk across the stage.

I swelled with pride as she stepped up in her black gown. Pride for every sleepless night she had put into her study. Pride for the blood, sweat and tears that had finally got her here. A year late, sure. Having a baby can interrupt your schedule like that. But she was here.

And as her name was read aloud over the speaker, I thought I might burst.

"Megan Trohman," the speaker read out clearly.

My mother dabbed a handkerchief to her eyes.

I reached across and took my daughter from her arms.

"Look, Sarah. It's Mommy," I whispered to her.

And as she clapped her hands and flashed me her toothless grin, I thanked another Sarah, one who couldn't be with us today, for what she had done.
Sign up to rate and review this story