Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Regret

by LilyChan 0 reviews

Percy's thoughts. There are spoilers abound. Please read and review.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Fred,Percy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-09-27 - Updated: 2007-09-27 - 460 words - Complete

0Unrated


Regret

By LilyChan



"The family is more sacred than the state." - Pope Pius XI



"No- no - no! No! Fred! No!"



And that's when he died. I immediately threw myself on him. I couldn't believe it. There was no way that my brother was dead.



Let this be a tasteless prank, I thought over and over again. /Please wake up laughing, /I prayed. But Harry pulled me off. I couldn't let go. No, not after I announced my resignation from the Ministry. It's too soon.



Haha, he must've thought, I was joking. Good ol' Fred.



If Ihadn't said that, maybe he would still be alive. But he did ask what I was doing defending him from the other lackeys.



I don't know what to tell Mum, about Fred. I don't think I ever will.



The funeral for him was beautiful yet sad. I don't think anyone was more sad then George. I mean, the two did everything together the moment they were born. They were attached at the hip. When I heard what happened a few years ago with Umbridge, I'll admit, I was furious and ashamed. I worked really hard to get where I was, and /they /had to go and almost ruined my chances of possibly something more.



Yet at the same time, I was proud of them. At the time, I could never admit it - I was too angry and ashamed. When I announced it my true feelings about that particular incident during the eulogy, George was one of the more shocked to say the least. I'm sure he expected me to be fully ashamed.



Oh, I'm not going to deny that I was ashamed of them, of course not like Mum.



When Iheard they started their own prank shop almost after they dropped out even though it'd been almost a year, once again I was shocked and appalled. I knew that they didn't want to hear my thoughts.



I didn't care.



Anyway, the purpose was simply to share my grievances, instead of walking down memory lane like this.



I know when I look at Harry, Ron, Ginny, hell, even Mum and Dad, and especially George; they must look back at me and think: Why couldn't it have been Percy instead of Fred? That traitor.



I told George that I would help him if he ever needed it. I don't think he's going to take me up on that offer. Not that I can blame him.



In that instant, he let his guard down. If they didn't drop out, much less paid attention in class at all, he would've never let his guard down especially during a duel not for an instant.



But he did.



I miss Fred. It should've been me, instead of him.
Sign up to rate and review this story