Categories > Anime/Manga > Viewfinder > Hazy memories

Chapter six

by kaza85 1 review

Category: Viewfinder - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Asami,Feilong,Takaba - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-30 - Updated: 2007-10-01 - 2578 words

0Unrated
a/n originally two chapters (6-7 but decided to combine the two)

Chapter 6

(Feilong's pov)

Finally alone for the night Feilong took a few minutes to sit back and clear his mind. It had been an interesting day to say the least. It certainly wasn't one that he would have predicted would happen. Out of what was suppose to be a boring business meeting turned out to be quite an eye opener in which out of it he had gained something that he could never have dreamed of having in his possession.

Feilong smiled a secret smile.. knowing that there was a good possibility that in his hands was really Takaba and not some identical look alike.

After leaving Keita's room and sending Tao to bed Fei had called Asami once again and almost believed him to, when he confirmed Akihito's safety again for him.

Though just faintly Feilong had detected Asami's hastiness to get of the phone which was odd for him to do since Asami was well known for his patience and self control. It was then that he decided that he would conduct a more thorough search into Akihito's whereabouts and Keita's background.

Grabbing his mobile from the table Feilong flipped it open and dialed his sub coordinates number. "Find out whatever you can about Akihito's movements the last few days and anything on Keita's background, start immediately and call me the instant you find out anything." After hearing a "As you wish Master Feilong" from the other side Feilong hung up, flipped his phone closed and placed it back onto the table grabbing the chain and padlock that he had removed from Keita before leaning back into the couch and fingered the contents in his hands wondering If he should confide in Asami about his newly acquired prisoner.

When he reached a decision he placed the items back onto the table in front of him and made his way to his silk layered bed.

First I will wait till I receive the information I want about Keita and Akihito and if it is proved that Keita is in actual fact Akihito than I will not say anything to Asami till he tells me the truth and only than will I tell him of Keita.

--------------------

A few hours later the morning sun began to rise waking those who had been asleep. Feilong awoke undoubtedly in a good mood since he could return back to Hong Kong and once he'd made himself presentable Feilong called for Tao wanting to tell him about Keita rather than him find out for himself when they happened to run into each other.

A few minutes later a newly charged Tao knocked at Feilong's door and before getting a chance to announce who was knocking or if he could enter Feilong spoke telling Tao that he may enter.

"You called for me Fei-Sama?" the young boy looked questioningly at Feilong.

Feilong was sitting at one end of a couch and petted the empty seat gesturing for Tao to join him whilst smiling softly at Tao.

"Yes I did," Fei replied to Tao's question when he sat down, "Would you like to eat breakfast with me?, I have something to tell you."

Smiling Tao happily said yes of course and then continued to talk to Fei after he had called for their breakfast about his latest dream causing Fei to grin at his innocent story telling.

When the maid had come and laid out the requested food onto the table. With a slight nod from Fei Tao politely gave his thanks for the meal and began to hungrily eat his share.

"I have received a new 'worker'" Fei began trying to lighten the word slave to Tao. "His name is Keita and I think that the three of us will get along well, do you wish to know why I believe that?" Feilong asked Toa who had to swallow the food in his mouth before answering "Because Fei-Sama knows everything?" Tao said proudly believing every word he'd just said.

Fei smiled at Taos answer, "Because Keita happens to look exactly like Akihito Takaba, that's why"

Tao could only look at Feilong with a confused 'huh?' expression on his face wondering if Fei-Sama was joking. 'Is there really someone that looks exactly like Akihito? Is he Akihito's twin?" Tao asked still unsure if Feilong was joking with him.

Feilong only responded by smiling and then called for the guard outside his door to bring Keita so he could join them for breakfast


(Asami's pov)

Keeping himself busy was all he could do to stop himself from going insane with first anger and slowly but surely self hate. Asami couldn't blame himself enough for Akihito's disappearance and the more time that passed without any information or leads the more his heart ached.

Suddenly after Feilong's unwanted interest in Akihito Asami finally received the call which could well serve as an outlet for his raging emotions.

"Asami-Sama we have found information of an new underground organization trying to sell their own drugs in your territory what shall we do sir?"

Asami grinned manically into the phone knowing he was going to enjoy this outlet, "Ready my car and give me a location".

(Asami's pov)

It didn't take long for Asami to be making his way towards the location he had been given. The idea that some little insects could think that they can just start to do there own dirty work in his territory outraged him. It was fools like this that needed to be exterminated before anyone else decided to get any 'bright ideas'.

Just as they neared the location the driver announced to Asami that they neared their destination, Hearing this Asami nodded his appreciation and began to check his gun making sure it was fully loaded.

When the driver stopped the car and announced to Asami that they'd arrived he didn't waste any time and was quickly stepping out of the car and assessing their location.

The location held a middle sized building which looked fairly normal on the outside and didn't seem overly suspicious in the least.

Outside there were no guards, probably not wanting to attract attention so inside is where Asami was expecting the fun to be.

With just a slight nod from Asami the two guards that had come with him moved to the front door and kicked it open. Quickly they looked into the entrance and after seeing no one nodded at Asami who had moved next to them before moving into the building.

Surprisingly the top floor had been pretty much empty, what they ended up finding was two imbeciles guarding the entrance to a lower level of the building.

Once they had shot the two guards down and had entered the bottom level things started to get interesting for Asami.

He'd managed to find to find a man in a lab coat in one of the first rooms he'd entered. Grinning inwardly Asami shot at his knees rendering the doctor immobile and in an immense amount of pain judging by his screams.

That was when he froze.

Asami noticed in a bin was Akihito's clothes, the ones that he'd been wearing the very morning he had disappeared.

Forgetting the doctor for a moment he went and pulled them out of the bin taking note that there wasn't any major blood spots on them, just a spot here and there and a fair few dirt stains.

At the bottom of the bin though Asami took note was one of Aki's cameras. Eyes suddenly went cold as he discarded the clothes next to the bin and lifted the broken camera out. Softly he guided his fingers over the camera realizing that this was one of his favorites.

Suddenly anger boiled up and Asami calmly laid the camera down on top of Takaba's discarded clothes before going back up to the doctor and grabbing his hair and lifting him off the ground, "Where is Akihito Takaba?".

------------------------------------

(Feilong's pov)

Finally back in Hong Kong, it was now evening tea and after Tao and Keita had gotten along marvelously in the morning Feilong decided that they would also have tea together.

Tao had at first been stunned at Keita's appearing but then quickly worked at Keita's nerves, calming him as a child can easily do. It was when Keita had relaxed that Tao started talking and telling him about his friend Akihito Takaba and how close their appearances were.

'I decided to let them be. If Keita was Keita than there was no harm in him knowing of Akihito yet if it was a memory altered Akihito Takaba than this would certainly help his memory, hopefully enough to recall some memories to doubt himself as Keita.'

In the middle of tea Feilong's phone began ringing and was quickly answered. Abruptly Feilong excused himself from the table apologizing to Tao and Keita.

Outside the room and walking down the corridor to his room Feilong resumed the phone conversation. It was regarding Akihito, they traced his last few days and found out that it was Asami who was covering Akihito's tracks telling everyone that he'd gotten a sudden assignment. 'Very clever on Asami's part to come up that excuse and have everyone believe it though I'm not to happy that it was also applied to me' Feilong thought. He then found out that it had been Takaba's friends that had were the weak link in Asami's well thought out plan. Asami had forgotten to tell them to keep there mouths shut about his visit the day Akihito had disappeared. Though that wasn't what had helped them work out that Keita was in fact Akihito.

In a completely different search regarding the men who had Keita, Feilong's men had managed to gather enough evidence to put two and two together. Now Feilong knew that he had Akihito Takaba in his hands. He also now was very glad that he'd dropped a few anonymous tips around for Asami's men to find so they could take care of that group back in Japan. Hopefully the boss and doctor are getting a slow and painful death as he was in this conversation now. 'Maybe like this Asami might admit his wrong when he realizes just what's happened to Akihito' Feilong thought, 'and no one can say that I didn't help him' he finished mainly thinking of Akihito.

If Akihito was lucky enough to get his memories back Feilong wanted to be in the photographers good books and hopefully strengthen their bond through this experience though he knew by reuniting him with Asami that would instantly happen though Feilong felt that if that were to happen than Asami would not learn any lessons such as trust in him which he felt would be wrong considering it wasn't him that caused a bullet to fire in the others chest that almost killed him 7 years ago causing pain to rip through that bodies chest every so often. If anything Feilong felt he was the one that should be more reserved considering it was he that had been double crossed.

Once the information had all been given Feilong thanked him for his good work and made his way back to Akihito and Tao.

The two had finished eating and Tao was still rattling on to Takaba. Feilong couldn't help but be curious as to what Tao had been telling him since whatever it was had caused Takaba to have a big grin on his face. Quietly so as not to stop their chatter he made his way back to his seat and leaned back listening to Tao's story telling smiling himself occasionally. This he felt he could easily get used to. If only by some miracle Feilong hoped that when Takaba got his memories back that he would stay with him just that bit longer. It had only been a short amount of time they spent together but Feilong felt more relaxed with Akihito's and Tao's company than he had since he could remember.

Keita/Takaba's pov

'It had been a pretty interesting day after I had arrived in Hong Kong. Feilong's home was quite large and if not for being lead to my destinations would surely have gotten lost a few times. I had also found out more about Akihito Takaba from a boy named Tao who seems to get along well with Feilong. Tao was a very interesting child who didn't seem the least bit scared or intimidated by Feilong's presence. Also once Tao had gone to bed Feilong explained that he did not wish to keep me as a slave but as an equal and on my own will. I don't know what he expects me to do.. I haven't been trained to just do as I please, right now I'm at a loss.'

'When I seem to have this man worked out he seems to surprise me. For some reason I keep expecting him to be less feeling and more oh what's the word more controlling I guess. Why is this? I don't know but I get the feeling that I am misjudging him. Feilong seems to be quite a good person when he is with me or Tao and logically I can't see him as the controlling type. Watching him with the child makes me realize that Feilong isn't as bad as I originally thought when he had refused to sell the drugs. Now though I see him in a different light and hope that I more chances to know these characters more.'

' I think I surprised Feilong when I told him that I still wanted to stay with him though I don't know why. I have no where else to go and for now this is where I feel it's best for me to stay especially if I want to find out why he and Tao seem so familiar to me. I can't shake this feeling that I've known them from another time and place though no matter how much I try to remember I just get an aching headache'.

Stopping himself from thinking anymore Keita looks up and notice that Feilong was quietly watching me in thought. "That face it vexes me.. " he tells Keita giving him a sense of dejavu as though he's heard it before.

"Would you like to accompany me whilst I drink tonight?" Feilong suddenly asks not wanting to give Keita a chance to question him no doubt though not seeing any real reason to refuse Keita accepts his offer hoping that in Fei's drunken state some questions might be answered.

a/n

1.If anyone's wondering why Fei told Tao that Keita is Keita and not Akihito well that is cause Tao would be terribly confused at Takaba acting like they'd never met, also Fei knows that telling him that Takaba had been mind altered would upset him a lot since he cares for Akihito a lot and Fei does not want to see this.

For those wondering what happened after Keita entered, you'll just have to wait :P and who could've helped Asami's men with that little lead hmm...

2.This chapter also answers were Asami got his info and why Fei had helped him. Also a biggie in this chapter was Feilong actually finding out that Keita is in fact Takaba. How will things change from here on out I wonder...
Sign up to rate and review this story