Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

You Are the Music In Me (oneshot)

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

This is what happens when I'm forced to watch High School Musical after listening to a bunch of FOB. One-shot.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-09-30 - Updated: 2007-10-01 - 621 words - Complete

0Unrated
/You Are the Music in Me/

"No, please. Don't go," I pleaded with him. He sighed, not even turning back to look at me.

"Kat. I...I have to do this. For me. I'm sorry." He picked up his suitcase and walked out the door.

It seemed like those cliche high school movies that we all loved. He left me to "figure himself out". Meaning he really didn't love me anymore. Maybe he didn't love me in the first place.

An hour later, I was walking through the supermarket in my pajamas looking for ice cream. I didn't even care how I looked. I needed it to help me heal. Finally finding the right flavor of Ben and Jerry's, I pounced for it, not really caring who got in my way. Luckily, no one did. I put the ice cream in my basket when I realized that it looked kind of lonely.

I got to the check-out stand, but something caught my eye before I paid. Next to the big Kodak thing on the end of the aisle, there were movies. I went and looked, remembering my lonely ice cream. The first movie I saw, of course, was Grease. I mean, aside from the fact that it's on TV every other weekend, it was a pretty good movie. Good for cheering me up a little. I smiled when I remembered my cousin playing Sandra D. in her school's production of Grease and decided to get it.

Picking up the DVD, I started humming the one song that I liked from that movie, "There Are Worse Things I Could Do". A bit sad, but that was what I was feeling at the moment. I went to pay for my movie and ice cream, still humming. I heard someone come in with me at the chorus and looked up, surprised.

"Sorry, I just kind of like that song...and I know how weird I must sound right now," said the stuttering man in front of me. I smiled and blushed a little. "I didn't think you could hear me. I'm sorry."

"No, I didn't even realize that I was humming that loud. I should be sorry," I mumbled. We were both bright red.

"Excuse me sir, that's six dollars and eighty-seven cents," the bored cashier said. The man gave him the money and took his bag of groceries. I quickly paid and started walking out.

"I'm sorry if I'm being rude or something, but I didn't happen to get your name. I'm Patrick," he said, blushing once more and holding his hand out. I shook his hand.

"It's Kat. Nice to meet you Patrick," I said softly. He hadn't let go of my hand yet. I looked up at him and he dropped it.

"Sorry again, you just seem like there's something wrong..." he trailed off questioningly. I shrugged and looked down again, willing the tears not to fall down my cheeks just yet. No such luck. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, sounding genuinely concerned. And I don't know why, but I found myself telling him everything.

"Well, he doesn't know what he's missing. A beautiful girl like you will have a new boyfriend like that," he said, snapping his fingers. I gave him a watery smile.

"Patrick," I said after a few sniffles. He nodded. "How would you like to be my new boyfriend?" I couldn't believe I had just asked that question. He nodded, and I suddenly didn't need Ben or Jerry so much anymore.

It felt so right to be there with Patrick.
-----
A/N: Cheesy, I know. But it was what I needed. OK. Updates on other stories later. I hate my hectic schedule so much right now. :/
Sign up to rate and review this story