Categories > Anime/Manga > Neon Genesis Evangelion

When Doves Cry

by naughtyvampire2003 0 reviews

Just a Shinji/Asuka songfic based on Princes' song, 'When Doves Cry'

Category: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Asuka Langley Soryu, Shinji Ikari - Published: 2006-01-03 - Updated: 2006-01-03 - 777 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Neon Genesis Evangelion or its characters. I would not be sitting here if I did. I also do not own the lyrics or music to When Doves Cry. That honor goes to Prince.

When Doves Cry

Shinji Ikari sits in his room listening to his SDAT. He was thinking about the last week of his life and his relationship with one Asuka Langley Sohryu. The next song that comes on his SDAT seems to fit the mood quite well, 'When Doves Cry' by Prince.

Dig if you will, the picture
Of you and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat of your body covers me
Can you my darling
Can you picture this

'How ironic is that?' Shinji thinks to himself. 'We just kissed the other day because Misato wasn't here and she was bored. If she didn't hold my nose closed, it would have been enjoyable. She is always thinking of only herself and no one else. I personally think she enjoyed it.'

Dream if you can, a courtyard
An ocean of violets in bloom
Animals strike curious poses
They feel the heat
The heat between me and you

'I love her and I wish to treat her like a queen but she won't let me get close. The things we do for one another and she is still acting like a spoiled brat. If only she would open up some, the relationship could be a lot more powerful.'

How can you leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold (So cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father, too bold
Maybe I'm just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other?
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

'She is just so rude to me. We are both alone in this world but she just wants to stay cold towards me. Maybe I am like my father. Maybe I am looking too far into this relationship Asuka and I supposed to have. I will never be satisfied with that though. I want a relationship with her but all we do is fight. I am just getting so depressed with everything right now. I'm reaching out to her as a friend but she is ignoring me.'

Touch if you will, my stomach
Feel how it trembles inside
You've got the butterflies all tied up
Don't make me chase you
Even doves have pride

"Every time she touches me, even if it is for a second, I get so excited. If she paid attention at all, she might even be able to tell how nervous that makes me. I don't even think she cares. I do things for her all the time but my patience is getting worn thin. I just hope she realizes it before she notices what she lost.'

How can you leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold (So cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father, too bold
Maybe I'm just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other?
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

How can you leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold (A world that's so cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding (Maybe, maybe I'm like my father)
Maybe I'm just like my father, too bold (Ya know he's 2 bold)
Maybe I'm just like my mother (Maybe you're just like my mother)
She's never satisfied (She's never, never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other? (Why do we scream, why?)
This is what it sounds like

When doves cry
When doves cry (Doves cry, doves cry)
When doves cry (Doves cry, doves cry)

'I'm just going to give up before my heart breaks any more than it has already. I have been hurt all my life and I have a feeling that Asuka has too but no matter how many times I reach out, she ignores me. I will not cry anymore. I must move on with my life even if it hurts. Asuka will never know what she missed.'

Don't Cry (Don't Cry)

When doves cry
When doves cry
When doves cry

When Doves cry (Doves cry, doves cry, doves cry
Don't cry
Darling don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
Don't, don't cry








AN: By the way people, this is a one-shot and it's my first fanfic so please, all reviews are appreciated. I am currently working on a Love Hina fanfic and it promise to be pretty lengthy. Thank you for your time and patience.
Sign up to rate and review this story