Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

The Choices We Make.

by xxShineBrighterxx 1 review

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-03 - Updated: 2007-10-03 - 1149 words - Complete

1Insightful
Alexia stood in their bedroom, calmly packing all her belongings into a suitcase. Her tears had dried long ago, all that remained now were the stains on her cheeks. The tear streaks and her red eyes were a repulsive reminder that she actually cried over him.

She couldn't cry though, she should have seen this coming. No, she knew this was coming; she just chose not to ignore it.

Alexia did notice the lipstick smudges on his shirt collar, but chose to ignore it.
Alexia did notice the smell of her perfume on him when he came home from a long day, but chose to ignore it.
Alexia did notice the distance growing between the two, but chose to ignore it.
Alexia did notice the spark in his eyes when he looked at her was no longer apparent, but chose to ignore it.

But it was when he stopped telling her he loved her, that she realized there was nothing left.

And now that there was nothing left here, Alexia was leaving. While he was at work, she was packing the only life she knew into two suitcases. The sad thing about this whole scenario is that Alexia actually loved him, and this whole time he hadn't thought twice about her. He didn't have the time to give Alexia a second thought, not when he was with her.

Alexia knew she should hurry if she wanted to leave before he got home, but a part of her wished he would see this. A part of her wanted him to know what it felt like to lose someone right in front of your very eyes.

"Baby?" A voice his voice called through the apartment.

Who ever said wishes don't come true?

Alexia heard him dragging his feet along the ground, making his way towards the back of the house. She heard him getting closer and closer, but kept calm and continued packing her things.

He stopped in the doorway to their bedroom, her back was turned to him but she could just picture his confused expression. However, he was a smart boy; he'd put two and two together and realise exactly what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

Or not.

"I'm packing," came her simple reply.

"Well, I can see that. But why are you packing?"

"Because I'm leaving, Brendon."

There was a short silence between the two, Brendon was obviously trying to formulate a simple explanation as to where she would be going.

"Where are you going?" From behind her, she could hear him scratch his head in confusion.

At least she thought he was a smart boy.

Alexia turned around slowly, eyeing him, "home."

Turning back around, she continued packing. She doubted that he actually noticed her tear stained cheeks or her red, puffy eyes; he either didn't notice or chose not to notice.

"But," Brendon paused, taking in what Alexia was saying before he said, "you are home." And he sounded so sure.

Alexia was past breaking point; the final straw had been drawn.

The shirt she was neatly packing away was haphazardly thrown to the ground, the fabric landing carelessly on the floor; a hidden representation of how her life had turned out. She turned around so sharply that anyone would think she would have got some serious whiplash. But right now she couldn't feel anything apart from the anger bubbling up inside of her.

"No," she hissed, "this house stopped being my home a long time ago. This house stopped being my home when you brought her into our lives," Alexia glared at him; her eyes held nothing but hatred. Pure hatred towards the man she loved.

When just moments ago, they held nothing but love for him, even after everything.

Brendon took a step back from where he was standing; eyes wide, mouth agape. The moment that shirt hit the floor was the moment it all made sense to him. Alexia was leaving. She wasn't going on vacation, she wasn't doing any spring cleaning, she was actually leaving. And it was all his stupid fault.

For once in his life he was speechless.

"I'm leaving as soon as Ive finished packing," she sighed, and picked up her shirt from the floor; another hidden representation of how her life would turn out. Alexia would pick herself up from the floor, and she knew she would be fine.

And for once in her life she knew she was worth more.

"Please stop," Brendon pleaded, "I can change. I'm not just saying it. I can call her up right now and tell her I don't need her, because you're everything I need." He quickly made his way over to Alexia and grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her away from the suitcases.

"Stop!" Alexia pushed Brendon off her. "I am leaving," she said in a very stern voice.

"But you cant leave. What am I supposed to do?" He pathetically asked, tears starting to brim in his eyes.

Brendon grabbed at Alexia again, quickly securing his arms around her waist and burring his face into the crook of her neck. Almost as if it were a safe place.

"Brendon, we both know this is going to end sooner or later. And I'm tired. I'm so tired of pretending that we're not broken. I'm tired of thinking I'm doing something wrong every time you come home with a new lipstick mark on your shirt. I'm tired of trying to be someone I'm not so you'll love me again," by now Alexia's arms were tightly wrapped around Brendon's frame.

"I do love you," Brendon whispered in her ear.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I need to go."

Alexia's arms unwrapped from Brendon's body, and his arms -a little more reluctantly- were also removed from her waist.

Brendon looked down at the women in front of him, and he knew. He knew he had to let her go, that he couldn't keep doing this to someone like Alexia. Because she was worth more.

Alexia left later that afternoon. Her little car packed with two suitcases, she set off. When the sound of the engine flooded her ears, she smiled. A genuine smile.

A smile because she was going home.

Every relationship has to come to an end sometime. Whether it's a relationship between two friends, a brother and a sister, a mother and a daughter, a father and a son or two lovers; it doesn't matter. Because eventually one person leaves. And the only thing you can do is accept the fact that the person is gone, and move on. Sure, it's going to be tough, but in the end it is inevitable and you just have to come to terms with that fact.

Life was never meant to be easy, but it's your choice on how you live it. And it was Alexia's choice to go home.
Sign up to rate and review this story