Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Just Her Luck.

by xxShineBrighterxx 2 reviews

One shot.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-03 - Updated: 2007-10-03 - 1144 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Bailee stood in the middle of an empty parking lot, underneath the lamppost. It had just turned 10:30pm and she was starting to get a little nervous. Actually, she was more than a little nervous, she was down right terrified. The fact that she was the only person around -all the shops had closed hours ago- made her that much more anxious.

At the last minute she was asked to stay back late at work, although she wasn't really given the option to say no. Bailee had made plans with her roommate to pick her up at 10pm. That was half an hour ago. And if she hadn't lived over an hour away she would have walked home 20 minutes ago.

Sitting along the gutter of the parking lot, Bailee brought her knees up to her chest in an attempt to keep herself warm. She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and was about to ring her friend to find out where she was, when she noticed that her phone had gone flat. That was just her luck.

"Excuse me?" A man standing behind her politely asked.

Bailee let out a high-pitched scream and jumped up from her place on the gutter. She spun around to face the man but lost her footing in the process and fell right back onto the ground. Again, that was just her luck.

The man quickly rushed over to where Bailee had fallen and tried to offer her help, but found it difficult as she started impulsively backing away from him.

Bailee took one look at the man and noticed he had his hood covering his head and big sunglasses on; obviously he was up to no good.

"Please don't hurt me," Bailee sobbed, "I've got money, how much do you want?" She pathetically offered, still backing away from the man.

A shocked expression washed over his face, and he stared dumbfounded at the girl before he let out a soft chuckle, which quickly escalated into a full-blow laugh.

"Oh, God! You're going to kill me?" Bailee gulped, now sobbing harder than before.

As soon as the words left her mouth, he totally lost it. He was hunched over, hands placed on his knees for support, and laughing so hard his sides started hurting.

"You think I'm going to kill you?" He gasped out in-between laughs, "I was only going to ask you if you had a cell phone I could use." He took in a deep breath, straightened himself up and wiped the tears from his eyes.

Bailee had stopped backing away from the man, and looked up at him with a curious look on her face. "You're not going to kill me?" She timidly asked him. She couldn't have looked any more pathetic if she tried.

He let out another chuckle and shook his head. Bailee's face turned extremely red from embarrassment. The man started walking over to her slowly, he didn't really want to scare her anymore, and offered his hand to help her stand up. She gently took his hand and he pulled her up.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just a little on edge," Bailee tried to excuse her humiliating behavior.

"It's fine," he smiled and extended his hand to her again, "I'm Pete."

"Bailee," she said as she took his hand in her own and shook it.

"So, uh, do you have a phone I could use?" Pete awkwardly asked, rubbing the back of his neck to relieve tension.

"Well I do, but it just went flat," she looked down at her phone sadly. Not only was it flat, but she had accidentally cracked the screen in her attempt to get away from Pete.

Pete also looked at the phone and sighed, "Damn. So what are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked, looking back up at her.

"My friend was supposed to come and pick me up after work, but that was over half an hour ago," Bailee explained.

"You shouldn't be waiting out her by yourself," Pete commented.

"I know, and I would walk home but I live an hour away."

Sighing, Bailee sat back down on the gutter and placed her chin in the palm of her hand. Right now she would rather be in her warm house, eating dinner, watching re-runs of Oprah, anything that didn't involve her sitting in an empty parking lot.

Bailee hadn't realized that Pete had sat down beside her until she heard him clear his throat.

She craned her neck to get a better look at him, "what are you doing out here?" She asked.

"I work down the block, and I also finished late. I walked outside to get better reception on my phone so I could call a taxi when I got mugged," Pete explained and slid his sunglasses down, showing Bailee his blackened eye.

"Ouch," she commented, taking a better look at his eye she noticed he had the most gorgeous brown eyes. Or maybe it was just the light.

"Yeah, and they took my damn phone," Pete groaned, placing his head in his hands.

"So I guess we're stuck here," Bailee shrugged.

"I guess so."

][------------------------------------------------------------------][


An hour had passed and the two were still sitting on the gutter of the parking lot. Bailee was hoping her friend would notice she was missing and remember to come and pick her up. Pete honestly didn't want anyone to come and get him, he was enjoying sitting here and chatting with Bailee.

She was intelligent, funny, witty, and definitely beautiful.

"You're really beautiful," Pete caught himself saying.

Bailee blushed and looked down; she was never really good at accepting compliments. "Thanks," she laughed lightly.

Pete smiled broadly at her when she looked back at him, "no problem."

When Bailee smiled back, Pete took that as his cue. He leaned in and quickly pecked her lips, much like how a little boy would.

Bailee giggled and touched her lips, which Pete took as another cue and leaned in again. This time he took his time, and made the kiss a little deeper. Pete's hands came up and cupped Bailee's face, and just as things were getting pretty heated two sets of headlights brightly shone on Pete and Bailee. The two quickly broke apart and looked up to see where the light was coming from.

That was just her luck.

"Bailee?" Her friend questioned.

"Pete?" His friend also questioned.

Pete and Bailee sighed simultaneously, clearly disappointed. Pete stood up and offered his hand to Bailee.

"So-" Bailee began but was cut off.

"Quick, we have to get going," Bailee's friend called out to her.

Bailee looked over her shoulder and glared at her friend before turning back to Pete and shrugging her shoulders, "see you around?"

"I hope so," Pete smiled.

But knowing her luck, she would never see Pete again.
Sign up to rate and review this story