Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

hangover heartbreak

by killxsmile 3 reviews

oh dear. this isn't good.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-06 - Updated: 2007-10-06 - 1406 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: cheia! Since my birthday was yesterday, I'd like to spread the joy to ficwad through posting another chapter.

This one goes out to:
dflip07
glindapsawyer
falloutboy_r0x
--delilah
rainydaykid13
XXPoeticTragedyXX

THEY > you.

16: h a n g o v e r h e a r t b r e a k

---
Soap's POV

As I opened my eyes, I felt like I had just gone through a washing machine. Squinting, I ran a hand through my hair and waited for my eyes to adjust to the sunlight burning my retinas.

"What the fuck happened last night?" I groaned, asking no one in particular.
"You got wasted off the face of the earth," Gabe replied, taking a seat next to me.
"Ugh, I feel like shit..."
"That's why I brought you these."

He set a McDonalds bag and a bottle of aspirin in front of me.

"You are truly a lifesaver, Gabe," I said, sitting up.

I quickly grabbed the bottle and knocked back two little capsules of salvation. Gabe leaned against the wall and watched as my eyes drifted back to the bag sitting between us.

Opening it, I raised an eyebrow. Inside were 5 hash browns and box of fruit roll-ups.

"How'd you know what to get?" I asked. Joe and Andy were the only ones who knew my hangover cure.
"I have my sources."

Leaning against his shoulder, I bit into one of the hash browns.

"Are you going to be okay?" he asked, putting his arm around my shoulder. I gave him a silent nod as memories from the previous night floated through my mind.
"Eventually..."

---
Andy's POV

We were in the middle of breakfast when someone knocked at the door.

"Come in," Pete said. "It's unlocked."

I was hoping against hope that Sophie would walk through the door, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Hey guys," Vicky said, approaching us.
"To what do we owe this pleasure?" Trick asked.
"I'm here to pick up Sophie's stuff..." she said, looking down.
"Oh."

She nodded and kept her eyes to the floor.

"...Um, I'll help you out," Dirty offered, getting out of his seat.
"Thanks," she quietly said, before following him to the bunks.

---
Soap's POV

Dirty accompanied Vicky as she carried my stuff onto the bus.

"Thanks, you guys."
"No problem," Vicky said, setting the duffel onto the floor. Dirty awkwardly stood behind her, silent as he looked down at his shoes.

"You two should probably talk..." Vicky said.
And with that she retreated toward the back of the bus.

"How are you holding up?" he asked, taking a seat next to me.
"I'm... coping," I said with a shrug.
"Just for the record, we all think that Andy's an idiot."
"Even so... I can't blame him for thinking what he did..." A tear slipped from my eye and I quickly brushed it away.
"Sophie..." He put an arm around my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself for this. Andy was a douche bag. He overreacted."
"I can't help it. I still love that douche bag..." I quietly said. Sighing, I pulled my knees to my chest.
"As much as I want to hit the guy right now, I feel obligated to tell you that he really wants to apologize. He's just too pussy to do it right now."
"...No offense or anything, but why are you being so nice to me?" I sniffled, wiping stray tears.
"I may not show it, but I've always thought of you as the kid sister I never had."
"Wow, Dirty has a heart," I joked, trying to lighten the situation.
"Yeah, just don't let it get around."

---
Andy's POV

"You are one lucky bastard," Dirty said, as he walked through the door. "After that shit you pulled yesterday, Soap still loves you."
"She said that?" I asked.
"Yeah," Dirty replied, rummaging through the pantry. "But she also called you a douche bag, and I really don't blame her for that."
"I know I'm an idiot, Dirty. You don't need to point that out for me."
"Then why aren't you trying to fix things with her?"
"Because I don't know if they can be fixed. Even if I go over there and apologize and she somehow forgives me, things won't be the same. She's still gonna be friends with Gabe."
"You're unbelievable, Hurley," he said, shaking his head. "Fucking unbelievable."

Dirty walked off the bus and headed toward Charlie and Trick, who were outside. As I watched them walk toward Panic's bus, Jon came out to greet them.

A few minutes later, Cobra Starship plus one came out of their bus and loaded into a car parked outside. Nate, Ryland, Alex and Vicky got into the backseat while Gabe opened the passenger’s side for Sophie. After she took a seat, he shut the door and got into the driver’s side.

With a screech, the car zoomed forward, quickly disappearing over the horizon.

Fuck.

---
Soap's POV

"So did you have fun today?" Nate asked as we got back onto the bus.
"Yeah," I said looking through the day's damage. I had managed to spend $60 on a Hello Kitty toaster, not including all the other stuff I bought at the Sanrio store.

Being half-Japanese, I guess I was somewhat inclined to purchase items adorned with cartoon animals, but the amount of stuff I bought was ridiculous.

"What's so special about a Hello Kitty toaster?" Alex asked, picking up the box.
"It makes Hello Kitty toast," I replied. He still looked puzzled.

"See," I said, pointing at the back of the box. "The toast has her face on it."
"Oh sweet! Can I use it?" he asked.
"Sure, knock yourself out."

While he was busy setting making a sandwich in the kitchen, Vicky sensed my oncoming sadness and took a seat next to me.

"Wanna play some Guitar Hero?"
"Sure." I smiled then peeled myself off my bunk. When we got to the front of the bus, Ryland and Nate were in the middle of a song. After they finished, Vicky and I got up and took the controllers from them.

As the first song's notes still hung in the air, I heard Gabe's excited yells from the back of the bus. "Dude! Your sandwich has a face!"

Hilarious as that was, I couldn't help but think about Andy and how his favorite sandwich was peanut butter & jelly on whole wheat.

Yeah, I'm that pathetic.

---
Andy's POV

"Are you gonna sit around and mope all day?" Pete asked as I stared out the window.
"Maybe," I replied.
"Wanna talk about it?"
"No," I curtly replied.
"You know what I think?" he asked, taking a seat next to me.
"No, but I have a feeling you're gonna tell me anyways."
"I think that you're making up excuses."
"Excuses for what?"
"Breaking up with Sophie," he said. "I mean, you two were fighting over /Gabe/. Do you know how fucking ridiculous that is? The way she acts around him is exactly how she acts around Trick, Joe and me. So why did you blow up last night?"

Sighing, I leaned further back into the couch.

"I don't know..."

---
Later that night we played at the conveniently titled House of Blues. Usually Chicago shows kicked ass, but that wasn't the case.

During our hour-and-a-half set, I managed to break every single drumstick that found it's way into my hands. When William came onstage for Sophomore Slump of Comeback of the Year, he had to put more of them out for me. Luckily, the crowd was too busy swooning over him to notice how I was dealing with my anger issues.

I don't know who I was more angry at:
Gabe for hanging out with Sophie,
Sophie for hanging out with Gabe,
Or myself for my inability to figure it out.

After the show, I managed to catch a glimpse of Sophie as she sat on the couch backstage. Her eyes looked puffy from crying.

As I walked toward her, Vicky spotted me.

"C'mon, Soap. We should get to the bus before Alex and Nate get the silly string," she said, taking Soap's hand and helping her off the couch.

And just like that, they were out the door.

---

REVIEWS = UPDATES
(and they also count as belated birthday presents.)

Not enough drama for you? Check out my other fic, Here Is Your Verse.
Sign up to rate and review this story