Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believe Every Lie

SIXTEEN.

by aznfoblover 1 review

well i've come back from the dead. or so they say. review.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-07 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 880 words

0Unrated
16.

Walking from the music room, the three of us had finally contained our laughter. Mike had a pout on his face, probably because his “secret spy mission” didn’t go according to plan as three of it’s operating members were laughing too hard.

“Is Pete gonna be there for practice tonight, Trick?” Mike asked. He seemed to have gotten over his anger at us quickly.

“If he’s not, I’ll murder him,” Patrick said. “You guys can come over if you want to hang out and stuff.” Mike and Joa agreed to be there around 6. Patrick looked expectantly at me.

“Well, my parents got a new sitter I think, so I should be over,” I said, unsure of whether or not this sitter quit too. “I’ll let you know if I can’t come.”

We parted ways with Mike and Joa, and Patrick and I walked home holding hands. We didn’t really talk, and we lapsed into a silence that was very different from the one yesterday. While yesterday’s silence was awkward, today’s was comfortable. Nothing needed to be said. Every once in a while, we’d look at each other and grin.

When we finally got to our houses, Patrick pulled me close and rested his forehead on mine. “You know, I could get used to having someone shorter than me around,” he joked. I tried to bite back a smile and rolled my eyes. “Wanna come over a little earlier later on?” I bit my lip and looked up at him. I shrugged and nodded. He kissed me full on the lips and we pulled apart smiling.

“I’ll see you later then,” I said. Patrick nodded and I walked to my house. I turned at the door to see Patrick in exactly the same place I left him. I smiled and waved before going inside.

“Who was that?” a familiar voice asked. I whipped around and saw my cousin Michelle sitting on my couch. I shrieked and tackled her in a hug. I hadn’t seen her in six months, and we were really close.

“Why wasn’t I told that you were coming?” I demanded the second I let her go and sat on the couch next to her. She smiled.

“Well…I’m gonna look after the kids for a while,” she said. She was out of high school already, and wanted to take a bit of time off of school. “My mother doesn’t know I’m here.” And her parents didn’t support her decision. Mine surprisingly did, so they helped her out as best as they could.

“I doubt she’d approve anyway,” I muttered. She shrugged.

“So? Who was he?” Michelle asked. I blushed.

“My new boyfriend. His name’s Patrick,” I said. She nudged me playfully.

“Only here for a few days and you already have a boyfriend?” she teased. I blushed even more. That’s exactly what I was thinking. Was I rushing things with Patrick too much? I mean, we’d only known each other for like two days. And we’d been going out for one of them. How did I know that Patrick wasn’t a psychotic rapist?

OK, so he wasn’t a psychotic rapist. I was just overreacting. Right? Well…not really. I mean, I knew he wasn’t a rapist. But for all I knew, the guy could be mentally unhinged and I was kidding myself if I thought that I really knew him.

But wasn’t I the one who made the first move? Didn’t Patrick’s sweetness prove that he wasn’t crazy? My mind was racing at a million miles a minute, and Michelle must’ve noticed.

“No, Ria, I didn’t mean it. I was just teasing,” she said. “I know exactly what you’re thinking. That you rushed things and stuff. But I know you. I trust your instincts, and you should too. You can read people like no one else.” I smiled appreciatively at her. She always knew how to make me feel better. “But I do want to meet this kid if he’s gonna be your boyfriend.” I smiled.

“Well I can help you there. I’ll ask if you can come over tonight for a little bit,” I said. “I know you have to take care of the kids, but you can just pop over for a few minutes after they’re asleep, right?” I really wanted her to meet Patrick. More than that, I wanted her to approve of him. She shrugged.

“Sure. I guess for a second or two when they’re asleep,” she said. I hugged her and ran up to my room to talk to Patrick.
***
A/N: God it's good to be back. Well, I'm in story writing mode again for the time being, but my writing is dependent on the amount of schoolwork I have and the hours I have to be at school this week. Which is, unfortunately, more than normal people have to be at school. (Let's just say last weekend I was at school for a total of 19 hours. And it was a 3-day weekend. Suck much?)

Anywho, tell me what you think in a lovely little REVIEW. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story