Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

The end of the begining: Part I

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore continues:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 1454 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Part 1: "The end of the Beginning."

Early the next morning, as the first diluted ray of sunlight filtered through the slow swaying willow and vanilla trees and lit up the pastel world of Neptune, a slightly agitated knight sat on a large rock where she had been idle for days now before. Any other former princess would be miserable sleeping on such a hard and desolate surface and a place which didn't have a dry spot on the whole island but it didn't bother the Uranian woman much. She never cared for the fluff and ruffle of being a princess truthfully. In her training to become a knight she had been taught to survive under such conditions. Still, a small part of her longed for the warm bed she had as a child at the palace.

At a distance the winged warrior looked like a distressed bird trying to groom its self. Constantly she ran her fingers through her wings cleaning out the crystallized chunks of salt that had formed. She winced a little when in her distant concentration she pulled out a small feather matted from the sea water. When she was at last satisfied she shook out her wings, starting with the left wing and then the right. Each time sending a gust of air and scattering a few sky colored feathers. She had gingerly moved her wounded wing a little at a time, building up force till she was sure it was okay to move. It had healed nicely for the most part, wounds usually didn't take long to heal because of her power and in a few days she would be able to leave this forsaken place.

She knelt by one of the small rain water filled pools in the rock and drank a few handfuls of the cool clean liquid before splashing her face and running scoops of it through her short hair causing it to stick up at odd angles. While she bathed she thought again of the troubling thoughts that had begun to trickle through the cracks of her awareness, like the water that ran trails along her golden skin and that which had also kept her up most of the night before. It was this place, she always concluded. It makes one loose all track of time and clouds thoughts. The sea air must be making her delirious, making her soft inside.

She didn't want to believe that it was that voice also that had begun to make her thoughts waver and her pulse quicken. That soft, warm, comforting voice, that's spirit tried so desperately to get out of its netting of sorrow and heart ache that dwelled there.

The truth was, Uranus didn't really want to leave. There was something she felt when she was within that presence that made her feel something she never felt before, something she never knew but what her soul longed for. That which scared her more then any battle, and something that slowly broke down and crumbled chunks away from the walls she so carefully built to keep everything out. She gritted her teeth and stood stretching her neglected muscles that missed their routine run she always took every morning in the past at her kingdom. Her mind lingered in memories for a moment before a splash of water sounded nearby and made her jump a bit, she sighed grumpily knowing what it was. It was the cause of the growing conflict within her self.

"Good morning," The soft maidenly voice greeted warmly. "How are you feeling?"

"I've felt worse, so I can't really complain." The winged woman admitted trying to see the source of the voice through the early morning mist that made the air thick and dreamy. "Within a day or two I should be able to leave, just so you know."

There was a pause and Uranus thought perhaps the voice had left but it finally answered.

"Leave?" It asked softly before continuing. "But I'm not through with you yet, you still have wounds that need tended and-"

"And what wounds might those be? I'm fine. My wings and my shoulder are healed and within days I will be back to health and on my way, I really have no time left to waste here." The warrior interrupted, slightly outraged that this 'spirit' would try and contain her. Being stubborn and brash were the only ways to block out the annoyingly nagging feeling of guilt for leaving, which was utterly ridiculous and must have been caused by the luring spell of this world and that presence again.

"Don't be so foolish." It responded quietly trying to keep the hurt from showing in her voice. "The wounds I speak of are inside you. I know this because I bleed from them as well. You aren't fine, are you?"

Uranus's blinked and looked out at the water scowling, defensively adding another layer of cement to her eternal walls and crossed her arms.

"Like you'd know; you don't know anything about me, or what I'm feeling. And you couldn't be more wrong."

"Fine, suit yourself. But how far would you get without a sword, I wonder". Her voice responded coolly, and with a knowing tone. "Who ever heard of a knight in their under garments anyway, a lady knight much else?"

Uranus bristled a bit and smirked looking down at the remains of her under shirt, noticing the bondage she used to keep her chest in place and hidden was gone and it was quite apparent she was a woman.

"You knew all along then?" The knight asked with a slight blush.

"You needed air, and the pressure that bondage added to your chest didn't help much. I had to remove it..." There was something about the way she said the last part that made Uranus blush more.

"I see." The lady knight remarked quickly, noticing with a slight sigh of relieve her dark blue tunic -however rumpled, sea and weather beaten it might be- folded awkwardly next to her. It looked like it was cut or ripped previously but had been painstakingly sewn back together. A small smile crept over her face but it was hidden as the winged knight pulled the mistreated garment unceremoniously over her head, ruffling her short hair more and making it stick up in odd angles. That had succeeded a small giggle from the maidenly voice and strangely made Uranus pleased that she was pleased.

"Well, do you think I could at least have my weaponry back; sword, dagger, armor if possible?" She frowned a bit regarded her clothing. "I'll have to pick some up clothes along the way some how; I doubt you know of any shops around here?" She kidded mostly to herself after noticing the cove was quiet again and the presence gone. She didn't have to wait long when another splash sounded and there was a small grunt from the maiden as she carried all sorts of armor and laid it on the rock, then swords through the water by their hilt, not knowing which was the knight's and had plenty of it from past ship wreaks. The mist had hid most of the sea maiden though, so all the other saw was the glint of the metal and the noise it made. It brought the swords dripping from the water and laid the tips on the rock then went to drop the hilts; it was a slow type of process since the blades were so heavy and foreign to its hands.

Uranus waited for the right moment scarcely breathing, she had to know the truth. In an instant, She reached out quickly and grabbed one of the soft smooth hands which lingered a moment to long. The swords dropped their short distance with a rude clang of metal. The knight held their wrist gently yet determined to find out who or what it was hiding behind the mists and looked upon the creature for the first time. Neptune gasped started and tried to pull away, desperately she met the eyes of her capture sadly and a bit fearfully. Uranus blinked and let her grip loosen and released her as she heard its voice in her mind pleading.

'Don't look at me.'

"Who are you?..."

'Don't. Please!'

"You're a..."
The waves churned in the distance as if trapped with no way out making the surface look uneasy and dangerous. A slight breeze glided through like a distant friend trying a bit more then usual to make amends, offering to carry the sea's sorrowful melody and cradle the waves, adding to its song, its own voice. The elements have met but now it was only a matter of time.
Sign up to rate and review this story