Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

The bonding of Wind and Sea

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore awakened:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 2387 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10

The moment had been caught within a pregnant pause; as if time its self had held its breath waiting. The surface of Sea that had been caught in the wind seemed to lift and dance, circling around them as if having its own energy.

The whipping of the wind swirled and howled around the two entities. The two who were transfixed with a choice and lost in the depths of each others eyes as if seeking a solution; the two entities of Wind and Sea.

"Please, Haruka." The maiden didn't really know what of that she begged so intently, her voice seemed to blend with the churning of the waves, as if it came from the sea itself. Uranus swallowed and closed her eyes and whispered something like that of the wind, before it was calmed by its entities next actions.

The winged warrior knelt and picked up the sea maiden from the waves and cradled her within her arms. The wind died down to mere whispers that caught and carried swirls of vanilla blossoms to fall around them. The waves churned gently coaxing them like a long forgotten and comforting lullaby. The knight smiled a little to calm the maiden's apparent concern on her face and nodded a little to her words. "But How..?"

"Love." The mermaid whispered and held the small box in her hands. "You have the key, Haruka." She nodded and looked to the key in her hand before slowly raising it to the lock.

"Are you sure we can trust this?" The knight then whispered still uneasy on letting her actions depend on emotions alone.

"Larissa and Coeus did. We have to continue what they started. If we believe, anything is possible." Michiru searched her champions eyes and took her hand which was still held in mid air pause and touched them palm to palm with the key in-between. All the light surrounding them seemed to only radiate from their hands then in soft teal and gold auras.

"I couldn't help but feel drawn to you from the very beginning. I love you Haruka, I did from the moment I felt you beside me. From the time you came into my life, I knew I had to help you. I've waited so long for this, for you, I need you. Together I know, we can bring our worlds together, we can revolutionize for the future."

Uranus looked to their hands a moment surprised by the depth of her words; no one had cared for her so much. Nothing had felt so right and yet made her heart race at the same time. They hugged tightly, and there was a soft click as the small box was opened. In the embrace they both had watched as the key was turned and glanced to each other warily before Michiru tilted the wooden lid back. Golden light spilled out blinding them for a moment before dimming to a soft glow. Two objects sparkled from the light and floated up in the air as box and key faded and disappeared, no longer needed.

Both entities held their breath in awed surprise, neither knowing what was going to happen but willing to face it together as the objects came into focus, revealed by the power of the contents hidden away in that once seemly plain wooden box. Light sparkled-one at a time-a golden chain ending at the end of each, a jeweled tear drop. Both resembled drops of crystallized liquid caught and frozen within mid fall in time. On a whim, Uranus took the one tear drop necklace of Aqua Marine and hooked it around the mermaid's fair neck. And as her hands hooked the clasp, Neptune's own hooked the one of ruby about the warriors. The necklaces were identical yet different. One was of a drop of tears, the other of blood. Yet they were never to be separated and only existed within the presence of the other, like the wind and sea its self.

Maidens Tears and Warriors Blood.

Michiru smiled up into Haruka's blue gray eyes and reached up to brush back dirty blond bangs her fingers traced along the symbol on Haruka's forehead and it glowed softly from her touch and the power radiating around them from in the midst of the spell.

It took a moment before Haruka could find her voice and when she did it fought on the edge of over powering emotion.

"I know now, I can't do this alone. I can't live alone anymore. I can't fight anymore unless it's for you... I want to protect you. I love you too Michiru, all this time I had just been pushing it away. When all I had to do was embrace it." She nuzzled her forehead with her own together before their lips touched gently. Teal and gold auras sparkled and surrounded them then, and mixed as the wind and sea joined their song to one. It soared and rejoiced around them, the power coming together to swirl around them; embrace them as the Henshin was approaching. The bonding that would join the wind and the sea together forever as the one yet individual elements we know of today.

"Amoureux d'Inturnal, le vent au mer sûrement." The voice of the sea spoke in Neptunian yet no words were needed.

"Ewiglich der Liebespaar, der Wind und das Ozean bestimmt."

The wind copied in Uranian and the incantation was complete.

The winged warrior's strong sky colored wings rushed open as the wind caught them and tugged playfully as they were tight within the embrace, the swirling water rippled around them. The streams of water and air then entwined to make power ribbons which ran across their bodies.

Haruka was first as her torn and weather beaten garments faded and were replaced by a rush of material which fit around her and hung on her body like a passing wind resembling goddess like robes. A golden breast plate glittered and formed out of the light and her sheathed sword hooked to her side, gleaming with new powers. But the most startling thing was how things changed for the warrior internally. Her senses and mind reeled from new ones with joined with old.

The scent of the sea was suddenly sharper; she could taste the salt from the maiden's lips and the water which had been on them earlier. She could feel how the waves churned, making within her shift like the current and share for an instant, their pattern. How, if she had looked, the world of water wasn't all mists to her anymore; she could see it. The symbol on her forehead flashed teal before fading back to gold. She felt stronger then before, blessed with the powers of the wind by birth of course, but now those powers were woven with those of the sea too. Michiru had allowed her to receive this wonderful gift; she had wanted to give her this all along.

The maiden, so gentle and helpless on the outside, had been strong enough to break Uranus down from the inside out. Break her apart and piece her back together. For Michiru to have gone into her, mind, body and soul; to tare down, all the protective walls and mend her wounds. It made her a better person; she took away the frost covering her heart.

It was forbidden, they both knew. It was illegal to join elements, to combine worlds as they had just done. It was, however, the sweetest most fulfilling crime in their known existence and that of which made them both shamelessly convicted. For, if given the chance, they would do it all over again in an instant without a second thought. Though like everything in life, like how tears follow the flow of blood, if taken away they couldn't survive without the other. It was as risky as it was safe. It was their promise as partners, the responsibility of a lovers sacrifice for a better world; and it was to be for forever and always.

Bonding complete, Haruka slowly opened her eyes curious and a little frightened from the strangeness of the new part of her but it faded slowly from being completely dominant to just a warm tingling presence within her as the power of the heavens was still her strength. What she saw though when she did open her eyes was something she knew she would never forget; what the Henshin had done to the sea maiden. It was her tears. Years of built up emotion, had finally been allowed to be released and Michiru sobbed into the other woman's shoulder as Haruka was still knelt in previous position. The smaller form shivered in her embrace as tears so warm, honest and heartfelt almost sheered Uranus skin as it hit. She tried to comfort her and yet couldn't keep her attention focused because of the light that had begun to swirl around the sea maiden's form.

The very same ribbons as before, swirled and disappeared into nothingness as quickly as they came, causing her tail to split and form into legs before ending with two perfect feet. Teal surf and silver sea form swirled around her nude body and as the current pulled away and water ran off her skin, material formed. And finally, a pair of ocean colored wings of shifting teals and blues from the pattern that the surf created were folded against her back, weak but there none the less. The maiden had as Haruka did with the sea. She had gone through the same new feelings and emotions.

"Are you alright..? Michiru?" The one in question looked up from her companions shoulder smiling gently; water streaming down her face in slow but steadily drops. They were tears of happiness now. The maiden reached up to touch the droplets of water with her fingers curiously, before Uranus smiled and cupped one of her cheeks with her hand and kissed her tears away herself.

"I've never been happier." Michiru had finally answered gently, her smile was apparent in her voice.

The wind and sea were no longer unclaimed separate powers that ruled and choose fate for their entities as before but now were part of them. Neptune's and Uranus's emotions and feelings alone triggered them. They were now truly the wind and sea, and also they were part of each other.
"You should try to walk... Use your legs."

The once mermaid gasped and realized fully what Haruka's powers had allowed given her the ability to do to experience. Surprise crossed her features mixed with doubted joy. Haruka smiled and slowly left the embrace break so she wouldn't feel tempted to use her as a crutch but all of this was new and her muscles felt strange to her.

She bit her lip and tried to stand using her arms before clutching to the rock after a moment in fear as if the world around her was about to crumble.

"Haruka... I... I'm"

"It's alright."

The knight reached down and held her by the elbows, supporting the maiden as she managed to stand. Her newly formed skirts fell softly around her and came to various lengths, the longest being near her ankles, in crèmes, teals and silvery satins. She looked like a goddess, she was a goddess; for once not a captive to her element but its channel of power. Her dress moved like water as she moved. She was, as always, the living breath of the sea.

Michiru glanced back at her teal colored wings curiously, trying to take in all the different senses at once. She was beaming with happiness, and gasping air she had always came to hate and fear since birth. She tried to take a step forward and ended up against Haruka's strong frame again when she lost her balance.

"I'm afraid I'll never be able to walk..."

"Shh..." Haruka soothed, stroking her hair.

"It just takes practice; you're doing fine. Just wait till I get into the water, you'll be doing this very thing for me when I try to learn how to swim like you do." Michiru smiled and relaxed a little in her arms. The wind stirred softly through the trees, the sound made her sleepy. Uranus nuzzled her gently.

"I promise, when I get back, I'll teach you how to fly." Neptune's eyes opened again and searched Haruka's eyes before her vision blurred from tears again. They hugged tightly.

"Don't cry Michiru, I'll be okay..."

"I know..." She smiled softly pushing away her fears for her love's behalf and ran a hand through the wind swept dirty blonde hair. "I have faith in you. I know you can do it."

The warrior smiled and tilted her chin up for their last kiss, painfully sweet and gentle.

"There's just one thing though," Haruka began as the kiss broke and seriousness crossed her features. "I won't be able to concentrate on the fight if I know you're in danger... Can you promise me you won't leave the water until I return? The sea will protect you as it always has."

Though Michiru's curiously and want to stay on the surface and try out her new powers and freedom wished to remain she nodded and looked to her watery home again. It was no longer a prison since their bonding had given them a choice. "I will." And when Haruka1s eyes searched her own for any doubt, she confirmed it reassuringly.

"I promise, Haruka."

"Thank you." The winged form kissed her temple affectionately and looked up to the sky uneasily as if it beckoned for her. She knew it was time but refused to let herself say goodbye because she didn't want it to be goodbye. She knew she was going to return. Her voice instead came out with the words, "I love you."

Understanding, Michiru slowly slipped from Haruka's arms and slid waist deep into the water before it swirled around her form, removing the material for a fin again. The knights waiting stallion swooped down and picked up its mistress who grabbed the reins.

"I love you too, Haruka." And as the pair soared off into the sky and disappeared into thick clouds that seemed to swallow them whole, her voice whispered aloud.

"Be careful."
Sign up to rate and review this story