Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Love lore of the Wind and Sea

Whats lost is found: A fullfilled promise

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

The lore:

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 1055 words

0Unrated
Chapter 12

A lone figure swooped down from the realm of the sky. Clouds seemed to part a pathway, as if by command. With a glance down at the water below, a mixture of both worlds reflected back to her. One of the worlds, below the water's surface, and the other in the sky above.

The sea sparkled from beams of sunlight, like polished emeralds, flecking specks of gold and amber in places as it shifted under the current of the wind. In the early morning light the ocean was once a moonlighted gray, with sliver gleaming sea foam and white icy caps but now with the sunlight it was coming alive; most like the shifting of a kaleidoscope.

Smiling, Uranus reached under the first few undone laces of her tunic's undershirt and took from within a pendant on a worn piece of cord. She held this in her hand as she flew down closer to the surface. She could see the blurry effect that the weeping willows and crème flower blossoms of the trees gave. The scent of the vanilla was as thick as honey and felt like home to her senses. The creeping feeling of reassurance to her was so sudden that her heart quickened, but she thought it also had something to do with the final awaited meeting she knew was about to take place.

With a small 'snap' the cord gave under the quick tugging motion of her hand and her wings stretched opening more to allow the wind to collect under them. She hovered up into the air with a rushing motion and kissed the object she had been holding once for luck before pitching it down into the swirling appearance of the surface.

Like a hawk she watched the clam shell Neptune gave her get smaller and further away as it fell and hit the water; disappearing under the surface with a 'plop' and scattering droplets of water that shown like prisms and cast ripples. This was her way of calling the mermaid to the surface and now she had to wait, letting the wind tug at her as it pleased till she had some sort of a sign.
A white pearly object, still warm from touch, twirled slowly through the water causing small bubbles to rise in its wake. It was caught up in current and tumbled and turned over till finally left to stop and hit the bottom. One side lowered to the sand before the other slowly touched and settled.

Stirring from dolphin's excited chatter and beams of warmth from sunlight, a figure emerged from the shadow in the current of the waves. Like the ocean its self, the finned creature with gleaming scales swam over and reached out with an unbelieving hand; picking up the small trinket.

Turning it over in her hand, Neptune's eyes read and re-read the words scrolled on the inside of the shell she had just lifted. They were written in beautiful yet simple calligraphy and in Uranian.

'Ich habe zurück gekommt... Ich lebe.'

Tears thick and hot ran down her cheeks before mixing with the salty water. Holding the small shell against her chest Michiru swam up and reached for the surface, breaking the surf with a gasp. She searched the sky with hopeful eyes before diving again, jumping through the water to a destination. Through the water she could see the shadow of a wing span moments later on the coral below her and turned onto her back while she swam. Haruka met her eyes only feet above and reached out a hand, her fingertips pushed through the water to trail along Michiru's cheek and face. She motioned with her eyes to the large craterous rock coming up before them telling her to go and met her there. Neptune nodded holding Uranus's hand to her face a moment before dipping backwards and with her flick of her tail swam under the waves and turned within the water righting herself. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt tears swell in her eyes, how long had she been waiting, breathless for this moment? She never wanted anything as much as those words, as much as that fulfilled promise. Finally, they could be together without fear.

Neptune neared the rock and surfaced, meeting Uranus's eyes for a long moment. The scene settled around them and the wind blew in whispers, love sonnets and secrets. Uranus blushed as if they were words she didn't want Michiru to hear just yet. She extended her hand to the sea maiden offering to give her help but when she took her hand, there was something that glimmered within the aqua eyes. A soft glow admitted as they touched and the symbols on their foreheads glowed from the power. Neptune stood on her own the water dripping off her now human body to form rich material in folds, and she smiled to her love and on her own climbed the distance of the rock between them. Haruka wrapped her arms around her, stepping forward to meet her halfway. For a while they just held each other, reassuring the other that they were alright. Uranus's voice tested the air quietly as she spoke into the soft curls of her lover's teal hair.

"It is done. Michiru, it's all over now." She hugged her closer and said it again as if to take away any doubt, her voice seemed so tired and exhausted suddenly. As if she was to join the wind and let herself be blown away and be taken with it now that her quest was done. "It's all over."

"I know my love. Come and sit with me. Shh.." Michiru whispered and slid down with her to sit, Haruka buried her face in her hair and neck and wept quietly and efficiently. Michiru's own tears rolled down her face and joined her own as she held her, stroking her dirty blonde hair.

"You were so brave. Your brother would have been so proud of you...My winged champion."
After sometime Michiru loosened her arms a bit letting Haruka sit up, startled because her strong frame had begun to shudder. She realized she was laughing.

"It's finally over."

And this time, Haruka didn't question it. She scooped Michiru into her arms and kissed her, lovingly.
Sign up to rate and review this story