Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

Burning

by shdwanna 2 reviews

Nibelheim. Shattered perspectives. Four different approaches, as four different people, in four different ways, lost everything they had.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Cloud Strife - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2005-05-09 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 339 words - Complete

3Ambiance
I can smell it.
i can smell it
icansmellit
burning

Fire is what comes when it all. falls. apart. When he lets go when I let go and decides that it's not worth it any more. Burning bridges was never supposed to be so literal.

Shattered perspectives. I've never remembered all of it at once. Four different approaches, as four different people, in four different ways, lost everything they had.

So I have the beginning,
reading every damning word, papers and files and notebooks, faster and faster the truths come, and I am in this place that should be mine that I don't remember, though I remember everything. I am supposed to be perfect. Better destroy the evidence. My fallacy, my flaw. My torch, alight, an angry mob of one.

/And the middle, /the smoke.... And I had to free my mother.

And then there's the worry. He's. notlikethis. "What's wrong, Seph?" "nothing". bynothingyoumeaneverything. Watching my lover go mad. Watching the strongest man I know shatter, and if Seph's broken I have to question my own sanity and stability.

And the awfulawfulawful feeling that nothing's ever going to be all right again.

Maybe it's just a dream.

A dream, a dream for all of us.

But it's not. And Seph can't wake me up and make this nightmare end, because it's all - ablaze. And so is my heart.

And so is my home. It makes my head hurt to remember. But the General comes like an avenging angel, with a flaming sword.

Even the sword is burning.

And everything I love is gone. My father, my home, my town. All the fault of this strange man that Cloud watches like he's God himself. God gone mad.

Is this what madness feels like? This strangely fulfilling not-caring, as I listen to the roaring that was once a town, walking away from it all, this most precious package cradled in my arms.

Everything dies, and she is reborn.
Sign up to rate and review this story