Categories > Anime/Manga > Revolutionary Girl Utena > The rosebrides holiday

finale

by Neptunestears 0 reviews

finale

Category: Revolutionary Girl Utena - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Anthy, Utena - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-01-06 - Updated: 2006-01-06 - 755 words

-1Illiterate
Authors Notes:

Hello again, ^^; I still had more to write for this story but I felt the closing for the last one was good. So I decided the best way to do this, is make like a finale.

Hope you don't mind. ^-~

~ * ~

Utena Tenjou pulled the curtains of her and the rose bride's cozy dorm room window closed, taking a longer time then usual arranging the material to shield the waxing moon's light. There seemed to be something on her mind, something in her eyes that reflected regret, even though the day was a good one.

She turned and discreetly admired her mysterious dark skinned and violet haired friend who quietly observed the tiny gold fish swimming around its little glass dome. Her cheek was rested delicately on her hand and her eyes still held a glimmer of the true happiness Utena swore she had the privilege of seeing that day.

"Anoh... Himemiya?" She began delicately.

Anthy looked up meeting her gaze. "Hai, Utena-sama?"

"Gomen... " Utena began regretfully, sitting across from her at their low table in front of their beds and picking up her rose tea cup which she had absentmindedly forgotten about before. She turned it in-between her hands looking into the still warm liquid, the rose crest shining through. "I meant for today to be something special. Something just for you."

"Just for me." The rose bride echoed softly gazing at the small gold fish bowl again but not really seeing it. ChuChu sat on the edge of the glass, with a small fishing pole in his hands with nothing but the look of dinner in his eyes. Utena picked him up and scolded him with her eyes sitting him in front of a plate of tea cookies. He tore into them, his previous meal forgotten. She tried again.

"What I mean is... " Feeling a little desperate to get her point across, the prince reached out and touched her cheek with the palm of her hand gently. Anthy's eyes widened a little in surprised and she looked up again, giving Utena her attention.

"Anthy... you're my friend. It hurts me seeing you caught up in something you're forced to do. And... if there's anything I can do to help you, anything at all." Utena blushed lowering her eyes and her hand, placing it on the table next to a now full and snoring ChuChu. "I'd do it."

Anthy reached out laying her hand on her own and met Utena's azure colored eyes, so shy yet burning with such a pure passion and nobility it was almost scorching, for someone so jaded and of such a tainted heart to gaze upon. If only she knew.

"Utena... sama." She corrected herself quickly, careful not to loose herself so completely. "You've done more then enough already. I am the Rose Bride. what you did today would have been ordinarily against the code of the rose seal."

"I understand... but haven't you ever wanted to break outside of the rose seal?" Utena murmured quietly as if the room could hear it and tell on her for breaking some unspoken rule.

"Utena-sama, I had a wonderful time today." Anthy stood after a moment, the light from their desk lamp reflected off her glasses hiding her eyes. Utena's heart sank a little all the while, yet she couldn't place why.

"Why don't we get some sleep now, classes will begin tomorrow as usual."

"You're right." Utena sprinkled a few fish flakes into the bowl and placed it up where ChuChu couldn't get it incase he decided to get up for a midnight snack. Climbing up the steps of her bunk bed, she watched as Anthy turned took off her glasses and let down her hair to brush it quickly before turning out the light. She placed the still sleeping ChuChu in his own little sleeping bag tacked up on the bunk bed's post, before getting in her own bed herself.

Utena's voice murmured softly though the settling darkness, more sleepy then before as she got settled under the covers and against her pillow.

"You should let your hair down more often. It looks nice that way."

"Would you like me too?"

"Only if you want," She yawned and rolled over. "Goodnight Hime."

"Goodnight, Utena-sama." She smiled discretely, pulling the covers to her chin.

The ever-changing spring wind blew against their old dorm house and rattled the clean glass of their shut window, as if a last minute attempt.

It would be summer soon.

~ * ~

- L A F I N -
Sign up to rate and review this story