Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Get Dressed Rachel, You're Going Home!

by checkered_stars 3 reviews

I think the title explains it... Don't forget to review people!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-10-16 - Updated: 2007-10-16 - 1414 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 25-

I opened my eyes the next morning. Still in that stupid hospital room.

“Oh, you’re up.” Dr Watson said happily, rearranging flowers in a vase next to my bed.

“Good morning.” I mumbled.

“How are you feeling?” The doctor asked.

“A little better.” I replied.

“You’re friends came to see you but you were asleep.” Dr Watson said, walking over to a chair and picking up her jumper.

“How long were they here for?” I asked.

“Oh, they’re still here, they’ve only been here for about five minutes the most. Not that long.” She said, walking over to the door before stopping.

“I could call them in if you’d like.” Dr Watson suggested turning the handle slowly.

“Yeah, if you could please.” I said quietly.

The doctor pulled one last smile before turning completely and walking out the door.

I sighed and laid down, closing my eyes.

“Rachel!” Mikey squealed as he walked into the room quickly.

I laughed as I sat up.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me tightly and squeezed.

“Mikey. I can’t breathe.” I mumbled into Mikey’s shirt.

“Ha! Sorry.” Mikey giggled, letting go of me.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“Hey gorgeous.” Gerard whispered before pecking me quickly on the lips.

I smiled as Mikey sat on a chair beside my bed, and Gerard sat on my bed at my feet.

“Like our flowers?” Mikey asked, tilting his head towards the bunch of red and orange tulips.

“Yep! Thank you so much.” I said in a childish voice.

“So how are you feeling?” Gerard asked quietly.

“Eh, a little better. I’m getting there.” I shrugged.

“Where’s your Mum?” I asked, looking around.

“She’s downstairs getting coffee. She should be here soon.” Mikey answered.

“Yay!” I said, clapping my hands lightly.

It quickly fell silent.

“Rachel, Gerard told me what happened…” Mikey said awkwardly.

I brought my head up, looking at Gerard.

Gerard pulled a face as if to say “Oh shit, I’m in trouble.”

“Yeah?” I asked.

Mikey looked at me sadly.

“I’m sorry Rachel.” Mikey said quietly, getting up and hugging me again.

“Mikey, no ones dead.” I giggled.

“I know, but it must be a hard thing to go through.” Mikey said.

“Yeah, but I’ve learnt to deal with it.” I shrugged.

It fell briefly silent again.

“On a lighter note.” Mikey said loudly.

“You should’ve seen how much those three freaked me out.” Mikey said, referring to Gerard and his parents.

Gerard laughed.

“I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink, and there’s a note on the banister of the stairs. It said something like ‘We’ve all gone to take Rachel to the hospital. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. Hopefully…’” Mikey explained.

“So, automatically, I think it’s some really lame joke Gerard was pulling, so I went into his room and saw all the blood on the floor. I start freaking and start worrying and try and call Mum and Dad. That didn’t work, because they had they’re phones turned off, so I had no idea what was going on, and if you were okay.” Mikey said.

Gerard giggled.


”So yes, it was quite a stressful time for me… I fell asleep on the couch waiting for them to come home… And when I woke up in the morning, I ran into Gerard’s room and attacked him with questions.” Mikey finished.

“Yeah! At like four in the morning!” Gerard butted in hysterically.

“I wanted my answers!” Mikey screamed.

I laughed.

“Plus you weren’t sleeping anyway.” Mikey defended.

“How could I? We had just came back from taking my girlfriend to the hospital for serious injuries!” Gerard said loudly.

“I was worried…” Gerard said quietly, bowing his head down.

“Aww…” I whispered.

I looked over at Mikey. I could tell he was just dieing to say something to tease Gerard.

I gave him a ‘don’t do it’ look and he turned away.

“So have you heard from your Mum and Dad yet?” Gerard asked.

“Nope.” I shook my head.

It fell silent just when Donna walked into the room.

“Good morning Rachel.” Donna said cheerfully.

“Morning Donna.” I smiled.

“I have some good news.” Donna sang, sitting down on a chair beside Gerard.

“Your brother and your Mum are okay. Nothing really happened after you, ah, left… Your Dad seemed to calm down quite a bit. But Matt is very worried about you.” Donna explained.

“I thought you were going to say I could get out of here… But this is just as good.” I said.

“How did you find out anyway?” I asked, frowning.

“I just called your home.” Donna answered.

“So, they know where I am, they know why I’m here, and they’re fine, no one else beside me is hurt, yet they still don’t even bother to come visit me?” I asked, knowing the answer anyway.

It fell uncomfortably silent.

“Yep. They really care about me don’t they.” I said sarcastically.

“Rachel…” Gerard started.

“No, just leave it.” I snapped, on the verge of tears.

“Rachel, honey.” Donna said softly, placing a hand on my arm.

I jolted Donna’s hand away, looking down at my hands.

“When can I go home?” I asked.

“Not sure. Would you like me to go see?” Donna asked kindly.

“Yes please.” I nodded.

Donna got up silently. She must have signalled for Mikey to go with her, because I heard his chair scrape against the hard floor and two pairs of footsteps walk out of the room.

“Rachel, they do care about you ya know?” Gerard said quietly.

“Well they’re doing a fantastic job of showing it.” I said sarcastically, looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

Gerard sighed and laid down beside me.

“Look, I don’t know what you’re going through, so I can’t say or do anything to make it better, but, you need to talk to me, or someone. There’s no good in just keeping all your feelings Rachel.” Gerard whispered, stroking my hair.

I sighed heavily and rolled over, snuggling my head into Gerard’s chest.

Gerard wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

“Rachel?” Donna asked, stepping into the room.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Donna apologized.

“It’s okay.” I mumbled.

“The doctor said you could go home later on today, maybe sooner, but, there was another thing brought up…” Donna trailed off.

I let go of Gerard and sat up, Gerard did the same.

“What thing?” I asked.

“Because we brought you here, and we signed you in, we’re the ones that have to sign you out.” Donna explained.

“Yeah? And?…” I asked confused.

“I understand if you don’t want to, but you are more than welcome to at anytime, same with Matt…” Donna began, trailing off slightly.

“Would you like to stay at our house for a few days? Cause I understand if you don’t want to go home…” Donna offered.

Gerard perked up beside me.

I smiled.

“If you don’t mind?…” I said quietly.

“It would be my pleasure to have you Rachel!” Donna said happily.

“How are we going to get your clothes though? I don’t think your Dad or your Mum, or both will take it quite well.” Gerard pointed out.

“Good point… I could call Matt though, he could open my bedroom window and we could sneak in… Just like how we usual- I mean, just like in the movies.” I said, stopping myself.

Gerard giggled, realizing what I was going to say.

“And I think I should tell Matt about us as well.” I whispered in Gerard’s ear.

“What?! You haven’t told him yet?” Gerard whispered back harshly.

I shook my head.

“Nope, I’ve only told your parents and our friends.” I said, playing with my hair.

“Do what you want.” Gerard said quietly, pecking me on the cheek.

“I will.” I said sarcastically.

“Well good. I’m happy for you.” Gerard sarcastically said back.

I looked at him strange and laughed.

Doona quickly walked out of the room, and quickly walked back in a few minutes later.

“Get dressed Rachel! You’re going home!” Donna said joyfully.

“Thank the good lord!” I screamed, jumping out of bed and running for the bathroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story