Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Alphabet Soup

"Y" is for Yes!

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bankotsu,Jakotsu - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2007-10-16 - Updated: 2007-10-17 - 3286 words - Complete

0Unrated
Alphabet Soup







By kira




Author’s note: The following is a series of Jakotsu-centric challenge fics written from a list my dear friend and writing partner, Vega-chan, came up with for me. It’s is based on Killa Kay’s awesome collection of Gravitation short stories called “A to Z.” (You can find them in my favorite stories section.) Due to the nature of the word given, they can either be what I call “canon timeline” which is set before their first deaths or AU which is set in modern times and will be set in the “world” I created in my story, “Homecoming.”




“Y” is for Yes!


FYI: A noren is the decorative half curtains that separate rooms in a traditional Japanese home. They are also hung outside restaurants to announce the specialty within.


A horigotatsu is a low covered table set over a hole in the floor in a traditional Japanese-style room.


888


They walked up the path leading to Jakotsu’s apartment. The cross-dresser reached out and took his date’s hand in his. “Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, Ban.” He gently squeezed the shorter man’s fingers.


“You’re welcome.”


“Would you like to come in? I can make us some tea or coffee if you’d like,” Jakotsu said.


“Yes, I’d like that but you don’t have to go to all that trouble, Jakotsu.”


“It’s no trouble at all.” The cross-dresser smiled. Fishing his keys out of his pocket, he opened the door and they went inside. Jakotsu switched on the lights. “It’s nothing much, but it’s home.”


Bankotsu took off his shoes in the entryway and slipped on the pair of slippers Jakotsu handed him as he put on another pair. Two steps up and over they were in the main room of the apartment.


“Are those real tatami?” Bankotsu squatted and ran his hand over the flooring. He stood up.


“Yeah. I have two rooms and a bath, all done up traditionally. It’s not bad for student housing.” Jakotsu walked over to a large free standing closet and opened it, taking out a couple of floor cushions.


“Student housing?” Bankotsu frowned. “But I uh...” he trailed off helplessly.


“Yes. I know it’s weird to still be living here, but it’s home. I’ve been living here since I was around nineteen.” He sighed. “It seems like only yesterday that I moved in.” He handed the cushions to Bankotsu, before heading towards the kitchen. He pushed the noren, hanging in the doorways, aside and entered.


“Yeah?” Bankotsu, from where he sat on the floor, watched as Jakotsu’s lower half danced in and out of his line of vision while he puttered around the kitchen, making tea.


“Yup. I moved in here when I couldn’t afford the rent in my other apartment. And I’ve lived here off and on with my friend Sui or my boyfriends,” Jakotsu said ruefully. “And I even moved back home once when Sui and Kikyou first got married. Luckily that didn’t last long as I moved in with Naraku.” Jakotsu said.


“Do you need any help?” Bankotsu asked as he got up and walked over to him. He pushed his way through the two sets of noren into the kitchen.


“Nope. Everything’s under control. Would you like some cookies with your tea?”


“No thanks.” Bankotsu leaned against the counter.


“So tell me something about yourself; I feel like I’ve been talking your ear off all night,” Jakotsu said. He turned off the kettle and picked it up, pouring the hot water into a teapot. When the tea was ready he poured it into two cups and handed one to Bankotsu.


“What’s to say? I started out briefly playing guitar professionally before I decided I’d rather produce an album than go through the hassle of performing on it and writing all the songs.” They walked over to the horigotatsu and sat.


Jakotsu nodded for him to go as they sipped their tea.


“So I started out small, renting studio space and producing a few singles and albums for local bands. Ever hear of Onigiri?”


“Yeah? Don’t tell me you’re the genius behind ‘Umeboshi’?”


“Yup!” Bankotsu grinned.


“I love that album!” Jakotsu sang a few lines from his favorite song.


“You have a very nice singing voice.”


“Thank you, but I don’t think I have what it takes to be a rock star.” The cross-dresser waved his hand dismissively.


“I’m serious, Jakotsu.”


“I know you are. Sessh said the same thing to me this afternoon at the shoot.” The cross-dresser smiled. “Bankotsu, I’ll happily sing karaoke for you and I’ll even go so far as to sing a lil cabaret in some smoky club, but that’s it.” Jakotsu smiled and playfully wagged his finger at Bankotsu. “Hey! No fair, making me talk about me again.”


Bankotsu laughed. “Sorry, I can’t help it; I’m a good listener. Anyway, I found this single in an import bin and the rest you can say is history.”


“Youkai!” they chorused.


“Yes! The infamous Youkai.” Bankotsu grinned.


“But if it weren’t for them, we’d never have met.” Jakotsu smiled at his date over his tea cup. He sipped his tea.


“Yeah...”


They lapsed into silence.


Bankotsu looked at his watch. “I’m sorry, Jakotsu. I have to go. I have an early day tomorrow.”


“Oh...” Jakotsu said disappointedly.


“Well, I was hoping we could do this again sometime. I really enjoyed your company.”


“Yeah?” The cross-dresser smiled. “Me too.”


“So I’ll call you, okay?”


“Yes!”


888


When Jakotsu opened the door, Bankotsu stood there, speechless.


“Come in,” the cross-dresser said as he stepped aside to let his date in. “You okay, Ban?”


“Yes.”


“You sure?”


“Well, uh...” Bankotsu frowned, looking for his words. “You ummm, you look beautiful...” he trailed off softly.


Jakotsu smiled. “Thank you.”


“You’re welcome...”


“Shall we go?” the cross-dresser said.


“Ummm...”


“Ban honey, if this upsets you, I can go change,” Jakotsu said as he tugged on his leather mini skirt.


“No, no, no. It’s just that I’ve seen my fair share of beautiful women, Jak, but you’ve got them all out classed...”


“Yeah?” The cross-dresser blinked in surprise.


“Hell yeah.” The shorter man smiled.


“Oh good, I was hoping that since we’ve been dating for a while you wouldn’t mind if I dressed up,” Jakotsu said, sounding relieved.


Bankotsu nodded. “Shall we go?”


“Yes!”


888


They came back to Jakotsu’s apartment after a night of clubbing. They had been dating for nearly a year, and taking things slow. The cross-dresser had decided that if Bankotsu wanted to stay the night, he was more than welcome to and if all he wanted was a bit of fun before hurrying home, that was okay too.


Instead of their usual routine of sitting around drinking tea, they sat on the floor in the “living room” and kissed. Their kissing led to hands wandering, which made the cross-dresser wonder if he may have made a mistake with Bankotsu. The longer they kissed and the farther things went, the more a little voice in Jakotsu’s head started to nag him about it. Something was not right; Bankotsu was treating him differently tonight. The more his lover’s hands wandered, the more that annoying little voice in his head urged the cross-dresser to listen to it when it hit him. Bankotsu was treating him like a woman. When the younger man moved his hand to grab Jakotsu’s breast prosthesis the cross-dresser’s annoyance got the better of him.


Breaking the kiss and pushing away from Bankotsu, the cross-dresser said peevishly, “Do you mind?”


“Hunh?”


“That’s a fake boob you’re mauling.”


“Oh...” Bankotsu blushed. “I’m sorry. I guess I got caught up in the moment.”


“I guess,” Jakotsu said sarcastically.


“Look, I said I was sorry, Sweetness.”


Jakotsu looked away. “Fine,” he said softly as he really wanted to give his lover the benefit of the doubt. “It’s just that they’re expensive, and not only that, they’re vital to my job.” He sighed and looked back at his lover and smiled. Unfortunately the nagging little voice in his head refused to leave him alone. Shrugging mentally, the cross-dresser quickly came up with a plan he hoped would quiet that little voice. Reaching down, he grabbed the bottom of his cashmere sweater and pulled it up and over his head. Jakotsu giggled at the wicked grin Bankotsu gave him and, removing his hair pin, he shook his hair loose from the coil that cascaded down his back.


“Wait, let me do that,” Bankotsu said when the cross-dresser reached around behind himself to remove his bra.


“Okay,” Jakotsu said as he leaned in to kiss him.


Amid much giggling and chuckling, Bankotsu removed the lacey black bra. He was a bit disappointed when Jakotsu got up to carefully pack his breast prostheses away, but he understood the need to. “Where were we?” he said huskily as Jakotsu was once again straddling his hips.


“Here...” the cross-dresser murmured, pulling him close.


Things went smoothly, and Jakotsu was just about to get to his feet and get his futon out when he noticed a slight frown on his lover’s face. “Is something wrong?” he said softly.


“No,” Bankotsu said as he rested his head against the cross-dresser’s abdomen.


“You sure?”


“Yeah.” The younger man reached up under his lover’s skirt to caress his bottom.


“The why are you frowning?” Jakotsu said as he tried to keep the annoyance he felt at little voice saying “I told you so!” and Bankotsu’s refusal to do anything about the cross-dresser’s growing erection.


“I’m not frowning.” Bankotsu helped the cross-dresser out his skirt and panties.

“Yes, you are.” Jakotsu was once again on his knees, straddling his lover’s lap.


“I am not. Stop being so silly, Sweetness.” The younger man looked up at his lover. He snaked his arms around Jakotsu’s waist, pulling him close.


Jakotsu shrugged. He tried but he could not enjoy their love play like he normally did. Everything Bankotsu did combined with the little nagging voice in his head made the cross-dresser feel as though his lover really wanted to be with a woman. Finally he could not take it any more and, getting up, Jakotsu walked over to his closet. He opened it and pulled out a bright yellow yukata and threw it on over the garter belt and stockings he wore.


“You okay, Sweetness?” Bankotsu asked as he got up and put his arms around his lover.


Pulling away from him, Jakotsu said, “No!”


“What’s wrong?” Bankotsu asked. He was thoroughly puzzled by the cross-dresser’s behavior.


“I’m not a woman, Ban, and I never will be,” Jakotsu said tersely.


“I know that.”


“Really? Well you sure could have fooled me!”


“What?!”


“You heard me, Bankotsu. I’m not a woman! I’m a man! A man who likes dressing up like a woman and who is attracted to bisexual men. Although I think in this instance, you’re not as bi as you like to think you are.”


Bankotsu sputtered wordlessly. He felt hurt by the cross-dresser’s accusation because he loved Jakotsu and hoped to build a life together with him.


“Now get dressed and get out!”


Shaking his head sadly, Bankotsu pulled away from his lover and silently picked up his shirt and put it on. When he finished buttoning it, he walked back over to Jakotsu, who had refused to look at him, and hugged him from behind. “I’ll call you tomorrow,” he said softly as he left the room.


Jakotsu bit his lip and blinked back his tears. He could hear his lover leaving and he walked over to the window and watched him go. Damn it! Don’t go, Ban! I’m sorry!!


888


“Yes, you’re an idiot and yes, you overreacted,” Suikotsu said. “But don’t you think you may have panicked over nothing?” He picked up a piece of tuna sashimi, dipped it briefly in soy sauce, before popping it in his mouth.


Jakotsu nodded as he toyed with a piece of his cucumber roll.


Suikotsu swallowed. “Ban’s not Naraku, Jak. Just give him a call him and apologize. Excuse me,” the pediatrician said when he felt his cell phone vibrate against his hip. He pulled it from its holster and answered it. “Yes?”


“Sui, it’s Ban. I need your help. We had a fight last night and I was wondering if you knew the perfect thing to let Jak know just how sorry I am.”


“Hold on.” Suikotsu looked over at his friend apologetically. “Jak, I’ve got a problem with a patient, I need a minute to straighten this out.”


“Go ahead.” The cross-dresser waved his hand. “Do you want me to get the check?”


“I’d like to finish and have dessert. This shouldn’t take long.” Suikotsu got up and headed outside to take the call. “I’m sorry, Ban, I was having lunch with Jak. He’s just as upset about this as you are.”


“Yeah? He seemed pretty pissed last night.”


“Yes, he told me. I’m sure I don’t have to explain how Naraku left him for my ex-wife.”


“I know. That’s why I feel so badly about this. I don’t know what I did to screw things up, but I want to fix them. I’ve spent the day trying to figure out if I should call and ask him out to dinner again.”


“I wouldn’t do that, Ban. Call him and apologize, and tell him you want to see him again, but let him tell you when. In the meantime, I’d call a florist and send some hydrangeas to his dressing room. He’s not working today, but he will be there tomorrow as they have a final rehearsal before taping.”


“Thanks, Sui!”


“Don’t mention it. Just realize you’re in the unenviable position of being the first person he’s been serious about since Naraku and that he wants to fall for you so badly it hurts, but he’s afraid.”


“Gotchya! Bye!” Bankotsu ended the call.


“Bye...” Suikotsu hung up and returned to his seat inside the restaurant.


“Everything alright, Sui?”


“I hope so, Jak.”


888


After trying unsuccessfully to reach his boyfriend yesterday, Jakotsu went to work feeling a bit down. He plastered a smile on his face and greeted everyone like everything was fine as he headed towards his dressing room. Opening the door, his mouth hung open in surprise at the sight that greeted him. Inside, in various arrangements, were bouquets of hydrangeas ranging in color from pale yellowy green to pink to magenta to purple to blue. It was as if whoever had sent them had no idea which color he liked the best. Jakotsu walked over to the nearest arrangement and looked at the card attached to it.


“I’m sorry I upset you, Sweetness.


“I miss you and I want to make it up to you.


“Love, your dumpling”


The cross-dresser smiled. Patient my ass, Sui! You put him up to this. Jakotsu looked at some of the other cards that hung from the different arrangements. All of them had variations of first one’s apology. So that’s why your phone was off the hook and your cell turned off. If I wasn’t so happy to find out you weren’t mad at me, I’d kill you from making me worry.


For the first time that morning Jakotsu was glad he was scheduled to rehearse his scenes first. When the rehearsal flew by in what felt like an instant, the cross-dresser was on his way over to the recording studio after making arrangements for his favorite bouquet to be sent home.


888


Later that evening, they were sitting on Jakotsu’s futon in the shadowy darkness of his living room. Leaning forward, the cross-dresser rested his forehead on Bankotsu’s and gently cupped his cheek. “If it makes you happy pretending I’m a woman, I’m okay with it,” he said softly.


Bankotsu placed his hand over his boyfriend’s other hand, giving it a slight squeeze. “How many times do I have to tell you, if I wanted to be with a woman, I wouldn’t be here with you,” he replied just as softly.


“I don’t know...” Jakotsu teased.


“Maybe I need to show you instead of telling you.”


“Yes.”


They kissed.


Breaking the kiss, Bankotsu let go of his lover’s hand and lightly caressed his thigh. “Does this help?”


“Yes.”


They kissed again, this time more deeply.


Breaking the kiss again, Bankotsu eased Jakotsu onto his back. “And this?” he said before trailing a line of butterfly kisses down the cross-dresser’s throat.


“Yes.”


Bankotsu opened Jakotsu’s kimono, continuing his line of little kisses down the cross-dresser’s torso.


“Yes...”


The younger man made his way down past the cross-dresser’s navel, pausing every so often to ask him if he believed him.


“Yes,” Jakotsu would reply.


Bankotsu had asked one last time, before engulfing Jakotsu’s growing erection in his mouth. The warm wet heat of his mouth made the cross-dresser moan softly as little tingles of pleasure spread through his belly. He closed his eyes and tried to slow his breathing to no avail. Jakotsu’s panting soon synced up with his lover’s head bobbing.


“Yes...” the cross-dresser said breathlessly.


As his lover continued his ministrations, Jakotsu grew harder and harder. He squirmed as he fought to keep himself under control. It felt so good that he wanted the moment to last as long as it could. “Yes,” he whispered. Licking his lips, the cross-dresser grabbed the futon as he tried to keep himself from arching upwards into the younger man’s mouth.


Bankotsu playfully flicked his tongue across the tip of Jakotsu’s penis. It twitched in his mouth and he briefly paused so as not to bite Jakotsu unintentionally. He flicked the sensitive tip again, savoring the salty taste of his lover. Bankotsu went down on him again, coming back up slowly as he dragged his tongue up the length of Jakotsu’s penis. Bankotsu loved the way the cross-dresser tensed and pulled the edges of the futon closer when Bankotsu brushed against the tender area just north of his opening. Looking up at Jakotsu, he shifted his rhythm in time with the rise and fall of the cross-dresser’s chest. The faster the cross-dresser panted, the faster Bankotsu would bob his head. When Jakotsu accidentally kicked him in the shoulder, Bankotsu knew it would not belong before the cross-dresser climaxed.


Jakotsu tensed as the waves of pleasure washed over him. If he had any doubts about his boyfriend’s sexuality before, they all went flying out of his head as Bankotsu brought him closer and closer to his release. Every time his lover touched him, whether it was with his tongue or his fingers, Jakotsu felt his senses shattering. This was so much better than he had imagined it would be and he was sorry he had ever doubted Bankotsu. When his lover reached up to caress his thigh, Jakotsu knew he had reached the point where he could hold back no longer and he let out a strangled cry of pleasure.


“Yes, yes, YES!!”



Author’s end note: Next up is “Z” is for Zealous
Sign up to rate and review this story