Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

XO

by killxsmile 3 reviews

all us boys are just screaming into microphones for attention because we're both in love with Emi.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-18 - Updated: 2007-10-19 - 1038 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: It's 11:11PM and I just finished most of my AP Chemistry homework. In celebration of this momentous occasion, I'm posting the next chapter of Here Is Your Verse.

Hellogoodbye songs and cute puppies go out to:
glindapsawyer
dflip07
--delilah
this_girl_was
pyrotechnist
jewsixcax
medicatedlives
releasethepants


They're the reason I keep writing.

Chapter Thirty-Four: XO

I comb the crowd and pick you out.
-Fall Out Boy

-----
Emi's POV

As I drove to the Metro, each block seemed to stretch a hundred miles. Every intersection turned into a debate over pressing on the gas or slamming on the breaks and pulling into a u-turn.

If I were to categorize this conflict, it would be idiot vs. self.

Soon enough, Wrigley Field came into view, signaling that the venue was close. Sighing, I pulled into one of the ‘super secret parking spots' Pete had once bragged about.

"Here goes nothing," I quietly said, shifting into park.

Approaching the building, I could see that a long line had already formed. Sighing, I walked past the diehards who had probably been waiting in line since noon.

A teenage couple stood in front of me as I leaned against a restaurant's grimy façade. Standing right in back of them, I couldn't help but hear their conversation.

"So are you excited for tonight?" the floppy-haired boy asked.
"Naturally, I mean, it is Fall Out Boy."
"I sense a 'but' coming on." She rolled her eyes at the comment and continued.
"But on the message boards I heard that the shows have been kind of shitty lately."
"What do you mean?"
"Ever since their Indianapolis show, boardies have been saying that they don't play with as much energy as they used to... Something about one of their girlfriends leaving in the middle of the tour."
"What?"
"Iono." She shrugged her shoulders. "Apparently Pete's ex, Emi, is really good friends with the Rejects. They brought her on tour without knowing that she had a past with Pete, and a bunch of shit happened."
"Sounds like something you'd read in one of those fanfics..."

How the hell do those boardies know so much? They must have spies on the fucking tour buses.

For the next hour I was stuck listening to teenagers gossiping about yours truly. Not very fun. According to the kids in back of me, "Tyson's girlfriend was pregnant with Patrick's baby."

Sighing deeply, I found myself reaching for a pack of cigarettes. Just as I unzipped my purse, the line started moving.

"Thank God..."

I quickly moved past security and made my way toward the stage. The Metro is a really small venue, so even though I was toward the back, I had a pretty good view. Using the backstage pass had crossed my mind, but I still wasn't ready to face either of them.

First up was Gym Class. As usual, Travi tore it up on stage. By the end of their set, I had pushed my way 10 feet up.

As the Rejects hit the stage, my stomach was doing somersaults. Halfway through their set, Tyson spotted me and lost his place during "Swing, Swing." He quickly recovered, but the crowd definitely noticed the mistake. Though I tried to avoid his gaze, my eyes kept drifting toward the baby blues at center stage.

Then Fall Out Boy came out.

From the moment that he set a foot on stage, it seemed that Pete was forcing a smile. There was just something about the way his mouth was turned upwards while a spark was absent from his eyes.

“Maybe he won’t find out what I know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town.”

Just as those words left Patrick’s lips, Pete's eyes met mine. Even after I looked away, I could feel him staring me down. Feeling uncomfortable, I started moving toward the back.

"How many of you are ready to dance?" Pete asked, as the last notes of “Grand Theft Autumn” echoed throughout the venue. The crowd roared in response, simultaneously preventing me from going any further back. "See, I don't think you are ready, so I'm going to send a circle pit technician out there to help you out."

The crowd carried Jeremy to the center of the floor, which was coincidentally 5 feet away from where I was standing. As the opening chords of "Dance, Dance" filled the room, I felt myself being sucked into a circle pit.

Pete, you really know how to keep a girl from leaving. I’ll give you 10 points for creativity.

Fists flew past as I made my way around the 360 degrees of chaos. As sweat drenched my clothes and smoke filled my lungs, I wasn't sure which was worse: the fact that Pete was preventing me from leaving, or that I was getting tossed around like a fucking rag doll.

---
As the last chords of "Saturday" rang throughout the room, the crowd cheered.

"Thank you, Chicago!"

Lights dimmed, then Andy, Joe, Patrick and Pete walked off stage. I followed suit, heading toward the exit while everyone around me chanted “ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG!”

As roadies started unplugging amps, the crowd gave up on an encore and turned away from the stage.

Just as I made my way to the stairs, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. Biting my lip, I braced myself for confrontation.

"Thanks for stopping by," Christina said, once I turned around. "The guys really appreciated seeing you."

She wrapped me in a hug, then looked at me with unsure eyes.

"You going home?"
"Yeah," I said, nodding weakly. "Tell everyone I said hi, though."
"Okay..." she said with a twinge of sadness in her voice. "I guess I'll see you back in California."

I pulled her into a hug and sighed.

"Well, I've gotta get going."
"Take care of yourself, Em."
"You too, Christina. Don't go making too many babies with Nick."

She smiled at this comment, but her eyes didn't match the expression.

You need to fix this, Ikuhara.

-----
So close, but yet so far.
The show might be over, but the drama sure isn't.

As usual, RATE, REVIEW and or AIM me @ Disast3rous. feedback = updates.
Sign up to rate and review this story