Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Hina > Enough Is Enough

The End of the Line Part 1

by naughtyvampire2003 0 reviews

What happens when Keitaro is tired of the abuse from the girls? Will he leave? What will the girls do?

Category: Love Hina - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-01-07 - Updated: 2006-01-07 - 1322 words

2Insightful
Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina or any of the characters. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did.

Chapter 2: The End of the Line Part 1

Dinner was pretty peaceful if you didn't count Su gobbling everything in sight as usual. 'Man, for such a small person, Su can really pack away the food,' Keitaro thinks. 'It's stuff like this I'm going to miss.'
After dinner, Keitaro uses the phone and calls Mutsumi.
Ring, ring.
"Hello, this is Keitaro Urashima. Is Mutsumi there please?" Keitaro asks politely.
"Ara, ara. Hey Kei-kun! Why are you calling me for?" Mutsumi asks happily, glad that Keitaro called her.
"Well, I was going to ask you a question."
"Okay, well what is it? I can't answer you if you don't speak, ara."
"Well, I was wondering if you would mind if I moved in with you for a little while? I assuming at least for a month. The girls here are slowly killing me and I need to get away from them, at least for a bit. I can help out around the house and pay rent if I need to. I am also bringing Shinobu with me. She doesn't deserve to be with these girls who only use her for their own gain. I don't think they have ever thanked her for what she does around the house."
"Ara, ara! Yea Keitaro, you can move in with me for a month. Shinobu is welcome as well. Don't worry about the rent, I'll ask you for help if I think I need it," Mutsumi says.
"Well, thank you but I will help out around the house. Shinobu can help out with the cooking if she feels like it. This isn't only a vacation for me but for her as well. I will also help with the groceries. After all, I will be eating your food."
"That's fine. When are you and Shinobu planning to come by? I need to know so I will know when to start cleaning up the spare room. It looks like you and Shinobu might have to share a room."
'Crap, that is going to cause unwanted problems,' Keitaro thinks before replying. "Two to three days. I am going to call Tsuruko and see if she can't take over my place as manager for the next month."
"Okay, you and Shinobus' place will be waiting when you get here."
"Thanks again Mutsumi. You're a lifesaver. I just need some time to myself and to see if the girls can change themselves or not. I'm going to ask Tsuruko, if she can, to make life hell for them, as long as it doesn't physically harm them."
"No problem. What are friends for? It sounds like you have gotten some things planned for the girls."
"Yep, let's see how they like being abused day after day. Talk to you later. Bye-bye."
"Bye"
At the dial tone, Keitaro thinks to himself, 'Okay, now I need to call Tsuruko and find out if she can take my place as manager.' He calls up Tsuruko.
Ring, ring.
"Hello, this is Tsuruko speaking."
"Great! Just the person I was looking to talk to. By the way, this is Keitaro Urashima. Do you remember me?"
"Ah, yes, the one who was to marry my sister if she lost the sword duel."
"Yes ma'mm, the very same. I'm calling to ask you for a favor."
"What is it? If it is within my power, I will do what I can to help."
"Well, I was wondering if you could come here to Hinata-sou and take over my managerial duties for at least a month?" Keitaro asks.
"Oh? Are you leaving?" Tsuruko replies.
"Yes but only for a month at first to see if the girls can change. That is one reason why I wanted to ask you first. You take no nonsense from anyone and you're good at dishing out punishments. Of course, I will write out a list of everyone's weak points and get an official document drawn up to make you taking over the Hinata-sou legal. I just can't take anymore abuse. The only one who has been nice from day one is Shinobu, which is why I'm taking her with me when I leave. She doesn't deserve to be punished with the rest of the girls. Naru and Motoko indiscriminately hit me for perverse actions but never take the time to ask questions or access the situation. Kitsune uses me as a means to an end. She is almost always borrowing money from me but never pays it back. She also stays drunk most of the time. Su likes to test her inventions on me and one of these days, they're going to kill me," Keitaro says grudgingly.
"Hmm, sounds like you are in a real predicament," Tsuruko says. "Where are you going to go?"
"I already called Mutsumi and arranged for Shinobu and I to stay there for a least a month. If worse comes to worse and something happens that I can't, I have some money saved so that I can get a small apartment if necessary."
"I see you thought this out. Let me speak to my sister please?" Tsuruko asks.
"Okay, just please don't say anything about me leaving. I'll let them know soon enough," Keitaro says.
"Okay, I will not say anything about your pending absence from Hinata-sou. Now let me talk to my sister please."
As Keitaro turns around to call for Motoko, he sees Shinobu standing there with tears running down her face. 'Damn, I wonder how much she heard?' Keitaro thinks. "Hey Shinobu, will you please go to your room for a sec while I get Motoko. I promise to come up there and talk to you as soon as Motoko takes the phone. I just don't want her to see you crying because she will hit me, thinking that I did something perverted to you."
"Okay sempai," Shinobu wails as she runs to her room.
"Motoko!," Keitaro yells, covering the mouthpiece so Tsuruko won't get busted eardrum. "Phone is for you!"
"Very well Urashima. You can leave now," Motoko says, taking the phone from him. As he walks away, heading for the stairs to go talk to Shinobu he sees her going pale and wonders just what Tsuruko is saying to her. 'Hopefully, nothing good. She deserves some payback for the she treats me.'
He enters Shinobus' room and sees her still crying. His heart goes out to her because he knows that he is the cause of it.
"Shh, shh, Shinobu. I don't want the other girls to come in here and think I've done something to you again," he says, drawing Shinobu into a hug. What did you hear?"
"I heard everything from when you asked Mutsumi to stay with her on," Shinobu cries softly into Keitaro's shoulder.
"It's alright though Shinobu. You are coming with me. I wouldn't leave you behind to be alone with the girls. I know they try to look out for you but they don't even think you for the work you do. You're the one reason why I can't just leave and go somewhere else. You're the only one that doesn't use or abuse me."
"So I will be able to come with you?" Shinobu asks hopefully, looking Keitaro in the eyes.
"Of course, I trust you," Keitaro says, rubbing her hair. "Let's just try to have fun for the next month with no worries, okay?"
"Yes sempai," Shinobu giggles. 'Yes! I get to spend a month with the one I love. Ah, thank you spirits!'
"Now Shinobu, can you get the other girls and get them to meet me in the living room? I have to let the girls know what the decision I made is."
"Okay sempai," Shinobu says. "Consider it done."
Five minutes later, Keitaro and all the residents of Hinata-sou are in the living room.
Sign up to rate and review this story