Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Hina > Enough Is Enough

Come Hell or High Water Part 1

by naughtyvampire2003 0 reviews

What happens when Keitaro is tired of the abuse from the girls? Will he leave? What will the girls do?

Category: Love Hina - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-01-07 - Updated: 2006-01-07 - 1436 words

0Cliche
Disclaimer: I do not own Love Hina or any of its characters. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did.

Chapter 4: Come Hell or High Water Part 1

"Please, come in Tsuruko," Keitaro says invitingly.
"Thank you for your hospitality Keitaro," Tsuruko replies. "I wonder, can you get the girls into the main room for a conversation?"
"Yes, I can. I'll get right on it," Keitaro says. "I can't take too long because we have to catch our train soon."
Keitaro goes off to gather the girls while Tsuruko contemplates Keitaro. 'He is such a sweet young man. It is too bad Motoko sees him as nothing but a 'vile, lecherous, perverse male'. I actually think that they would compliment each other very well if she can get over her male complex.' She is brought out of her reverie by the girls gathering in the common room.
"Well girls, we got to go now. Our train leaves soon and I don't want to miss it. Have fun with Tsuruko and realize, she does have the same power as me for the next month. If you make her mad enough, she has all the authority to evict you if she so wishes," Keitaro says. On that note, Keitaro and Shinobu gather their bags and walk out the door.
All eyes turn to Tsuruko, afraid of what she might do.
"Now, I have some words to say to each of you. I wonder how much trouble all of you are going to be for me for this next month. I do have some rules set but I know that you are not going to like them," Tsuruko says, blatantly.
"First, Motoko, I am very disappointed in you. I thought you would take in situations as a whole and not at face value. Do you know the extent that Keitaro is hurt? He is crushed by the fact that you and Naru..."
She turns to Naru and says, "I will be with you in a minute." She turns back to Motoko.
"...cannot trust him. The only thing that he wants is your trust and respect. You cannot even give him that. You have disgraced yourself, our school, our teachings and lastly, you have disgraced our family. For that reason in this upcoming month, you are not allowed to carry your sword outside of training. I will keep it in my room and give it too you when we train. Other than that, I want you to meditate on what you have done to Keitaro and hope that you can find it in your heart to change."
Motoko hangs her head in shame, for she knows that all of what her sister says is true. 'I have no honor left. Keitaro holds my last but of honor. I wonder if he will ever give me back what I have so deserved to lose.'
"Secondly, Naru, I am surprised and shocked that you can treat someone who you care so much for in such a way. Like I told Motoko, the only thing Keitaro wants is your trust and respect. You do not take the time to evaluate the situation; you take things at face value as well. Keitaro thinks that either you or Mutsumi is his promised one but he does hope that it is not you as you are now. He fears at what may happen if you two become a couple. Since you cannot get along with males, I decided that for the next month you are to visit the all-boys dorm for Todai at least for four hours a day. I hope that will teach you to get along better with males. Who knows, if you are lucky, you might just get a tutor." Tsuruko says, grinning evilly.
Naru can't say anything, for she knows that Tsuruko is right. 'I have really treated Keitaro like shit. Will he ever find it in his heart to forgive me?'
"Thirdly, Su, the little energetic ball of wonder. Keitaro says that you are not all bad, just very hyperactive and cannot sleep unless you sleep with someone. He also brings up the point that you drop-kick him and use him as a guinea pig for your inventions, not all of them benign. He advises me that even if you are only 14, not to take you lightly. He commends you for your stealth skills. I think it would be a good thing if you do not invent anything that is dangerous to anyone and also you have to sleep in your own room, by yourself."
Su, surprisingly, looks happy. 'At least she didn't take away my bananas!'
"Lastly, there is Kitsune." She pauses for a second, thinking about her new charges nickname.
'If she wants to act crafty like a fox, let her try. I will give her a run for her money.'
"I am disgusted to call myself a woman after the way you use your feminine wiles to get Keitaro to do your bidding! That will not work with me, I promise you. I know that you even probably have your own stash of alcohol somewhere but you ask Keitaro for money so you can keep your stash in case of an emergency. You are not to drink at all for this next month. You are not allowed to leave the Hinata-sou for any reason. You are also not allowed to talk to any men that may stop by simply because you will try to seduce them into buying you alcohol. You are to do your work here and then stay in your room for the rest of the time. I personally will inspect your room for all hidden bottles of alcohol."
Kitsunes' jaw drops. 'NO! Anything but that! I can't live without my daily drinks of sake. Grrrr! I hate this! This is not going to be a fun month.' She knows better than to voice this though so she keeps it to herself.
"Of course, I do not expect for all of you to get the rules right off the bat, that is why I am giving you the leniency of three strikes. The first, you have to do all the chores in the dorm for one day, second, all the chores for one week, and third, expulsion from Hinata-sou. Do not test me on this for my will is stronger than yours. As you know, I do have that power due to Keitaro getting a legal document drawn up giving me all the powers he has as the manager of this dorm."
"As for the chores, you will all draw straws to see who does what chore. The chores will remain the same throughout the month. I will allow each of you to change off back and forth making the meals though." Tsuruko says, as she walks to the managers' room with her bag. "Do have a good day."
After all this news had sunk in, there were all mixed feelings about the whole thing but they were all similar.
"Damn Motoko! I didn't know that your sister was working for the Nazis!" Naru explodes. "Who the hell does she think she is?"
"Right now, she is our manager for the next month and if I know my
sister, things are only going to get worse from here." Motoko says.
Kitsune is still shocked. 'No sake, no leaving and no men! I'm going to go crazy! I really need a drink now!' She heads off toward her room only to be stopped by Tsuruko with a decent sized box.
"Yes, I thought it might be best to empty your room of alcohol now, before you were too tempted and try to sneak a drink." Tsuruko replies to Kitsunes' unasked question.
"Of course, my thoughts exactly. I was just heading there to pull them out." Kitsune replies.
"Also Kitsune, any money that I might get selling these bottles will go toward your rent for the month. Since you cannot go out, this is the only feasible way to pay it." Tsuruko tells Kitsune.
Meanwhile, Su hasn't really changed. 'Hmm, since I can't make things go boom-boom anymore, I'll just work on my game-game,' she thinks as she happily trots away.
'Does not seem much gets her down,' Motoko thinks as she sees Su bounce away. 'All I know is that I am going to try to do my best to reform because even though he may be a vile male, I would rather have him as our manager than my sister.' She puts her sword inside of Tsuruko's room and heads to her own with a heavy heart.
Sign up to rate and review this story