Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 21: Strike Us Like Matches

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-10-23 - Updated: 2007-10-23 - 1485 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a few hours a doctor came out looking for Patrick. "Are you Patrick Stump?" "Yes, my girlfriend was brought in. How is she?" "She is doing good. She hit her head real good. She has a sprained wrist." "Um, how is the baby?" "I'm sorry. She did lose the baby. The impact was too much. But she will be able to have more children." "Alright." Patrick was heartbroken. "Can I see Destiny?" "Sure. She is at the end of the hall." "Thank you, doctor." Patrick walked down. He came to Destiny's room and walked in. She was still asleep.

"Hey hun. I'm here. I'm so sorry I brought Becca into my life. I know she pushed you down. She can deny it, but I know the truth." Patrick ran his hand down Destiny's stomach. His hand resting where the baby once was. Destiny could hear Patrick. She couldn't remember what happened. She started to open her eyes. "Patty, where am I?" "Destiny, you're awake. Don't you remember what happened?" "No, I remember Becca coming into the bedroom and fighting with her." "She pushed you down the stairs. Your in the hospital."

"My head really hurts." "The doctor said you hit your head really hard and your wrist is sprained." "I don't want to ask, but the baby? Tell me everything is alright." "I'm so sorry. We lost the baby." A tear fell from his eye. Patrick sat on the bed and took her into his arms. "Patrick, I wanted the baby." "I know. So did I. I'm sorry." She looked up at him. "Why are you sorry?" "For bringing Becca into my life and then yours. It's my fault." "Oh, Patty. It's not your fault. She's the one that pushed me." She wiped his tears.

Just then the doctor came in. "How are you doing, Destiny?" "I'm doing well, I guess. My head hurts though." "I think it will for a week or so. I'll have the nurse come in with some medicine. I want you to stay overnight and I'll check on you tomorrow. I assume Patrick told you about the baby. You will have some bleeding for about a week or so. I would like to see you in a few weeks." "Alright. Thank you."

The doctor left and Patrick went to Destiny. "I want to ask you a question?" "You can ask me anything." "I know this isn't the best time to talk about this, but I want to file for custody of the baby that Becca is carrying. She doesn't deserve that child. She won't admit to pushing you, but I seen her." "Oh, Patrick. I'll stand by you, you know that." She hugged him. "I didn't know how you would be with everything. I'm so lucky to have you. I'm going to leave you rest and then Andrew and I will come around at supper time." "Okay. I love you." "I love you too."

Patrick wanted to get something for Destiny, so he drove to a jewelry store. He didn't know what to get. He called Pete. "Patrick, how is she?" "Everything is good. She needs to spend the night, but she lost the baby. I need your help." "I'm so sorry, Patrick. If there is anything Tina or I can do we will. What do you need help with?" "I want to get Destiny some jewelry. Can you help me pick something out?" "Sure. Do you want me to bring Andrew?" "Yeah, after the jewelry store we'll go back to the hospital. Meet me at Morgan's. I'm already here." "Alright. See you in a few."
Patrick looked around at necklaces, earrings, and then the rings. "Sir, can I help you?" "Yes, I would like to see that ring." "This is a 14 karat engagement ring. Are sure you can afford it?" "Yes, I believe I can." Patrick was getting pissed. The jeweler took the ring out. "It has 5/8 princess cut diamond and four round diamonds." "How much is it?" "Four thousand."

Patrick looked at the ring. "Nice ring, Patty." Patrick turned and Pete was there. "Do you think she will like it?" "I'll marry you if I can get that ring." "Shut up." Patrick turned to the jeweler, "I'll take that and I want to look at the earrings." "Don't you think the ring is enough?" Pete said. "I'm not going to ask her to marry me yet, but that ring caught my eye. When the time is right, I'm going to ask her. I don't want her to think I just asked because she lost the baby." Patrick looked at the diamond earrings. "I want to see those." "Another good choice. These are 14 karat white gold." "I'll take them. Can you wrap it up for me?" "Sure thing."

Patrick turned to Andrew. "Hey buddy. How are you?" "Is mommy alright?" "She sure is. We are going to see her in a little bit. Don't tell her about the ring. It's going to be a surprise." "Alright." Patrick paid for everything. "Thanks Pete for coming down. I guess I really didn't need your help." "I don't mind at all. When you ask her, Tina and I will watch Andrew." "Thanks. Well, we're going to go and see Destiny. Talk to you later." "Sure. Bye."

"Come on, Andrew." They got to the car and Patrick buckled Andrew in. They drove to the hospital. Patrick got the bag with the earrings and got Andrew out of the car. They walked to Destiny's room. She was asleep. Patrick went to stand next to her. He put Andrew on her bed. Patrick took her hand. "Baby, wake up." Destiny slowly opened her eyes. "Andrew, I missed you so much." She sat up and hugged him. "We got you something." Patrick said. "You didn't have to." "I know, but I wanted to." He gave her the bag. Destiny took the small box out. She opened it. "Oh my. Patrick, I can't take these. It's too much." "Stop it. Hey, I'm a rock star now. I can afford them." "Okay Mr Rock star. Thank you very much. Come here." She grabbed his shirt and kissed him. "Daddy, what about.." "Remember what we talked about?" "Oh, right." "What did you two talk about?" "You'll find out later." Patrick said.

"Mommy, when is the baby coming home?" "I didn't tell him yet." "It's alright, Patrick." Destiny turned to Andrew. "Something happened to the baby and the baby is in heaven with the angels." "Like with my other daddy." Patrick tensed up. "Yeah. The baby wasn't ready to be born." "Will you have another one?" Destiny looked up at Patrick. "Sure we will. You need a little brother or sister." Patrick said. He grabbed Andrew and hugged him. "I love you." "Daddy, let me go." "Alright." Destiny smiled looking at her two boys.

The next day Patrick and Andrew picked up Destiny at the hospital. "Hey hun. Are you ready?" "Just waiting for the doctor." Patrick kissed her. "I missed you last night." "I missed you too. I couldn't sleep. I'm use to your arms around me already." Destiny said. "You did now." Patrick kissed her sliding his tongue into her mouth. He let out a moan. "Okay. We better stop. Plus, Andrew is here." "Come on, Dest." Patrick said teasingly. She put some things into a bag and Patrick wrapped his arms around her waist. "What is it with you, Stump?" Destiny turned around. "I want to get you home. I'm never leaving you out of my sight." "That doesn't sound good for some reason." The doctor came in. "I have all the paperwork done. I just need for you to sign here." Destiny signed the paper. "Here is a prescription for some pain killers and I want to see you in a week." "Okay. Thank you."

Destiny, Patrick, and Andrew left the hospital and went home. Destiny laid on the couch. "Andrew, why don't you go to your room and play for a little bit." Andrew went upstairs and Patrick went to Destiny. He grabbed a blanket from the chair and put it on her. He kneeled down in front of her. "How are you doing?" Patrick asked. "Okay" "Can I have the truth?" "I'm sad. I don't want to think about the baby or I'm going to cry." "Oh baby." He held her. "I love you. We'll get through this. Soon we'll have this house full of children. We won't know what to do." She smiled into Patrick's chest.

"Honey, I'm going to go and get your pills. Do you want me to take Andrew?" "No, he can play down here and we'll just have sandwiches for lunch." "Alright." Andrew came downstairs to play and Patrick kissed both Andrew and Destiny and left. Patrick got into his Civic and drove to see a familiar person. He got out and knocked on the door. "Hello, Becca."
Sign up to rate and review this story