Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Silence (for lack of a better title)

Chapter 1

by killmyending 5 reviews

Pete Wentz has all the words until he meets a girl who has none.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-10-24 - 1312 words

0Unrated
Authors Note: I haven't written anything for ages because it's been assessment period at school and I haven't had time. I really should be working on I'm Telling You I'm A Fake or even working on the last chapter of My Beautiful Rescue but this came into my mind the other night when Shrek 1 was on television and it was the part where Donkey and Dragon meet and then I was wondering what it would be like to have a relationship where one person cannot speak, because obviously Dragon doesn't speak nearly as much as Donkey does.
So, on with the story. This fic is going to be a bit of a challenge for me I thing but tell me if you like it so I can continue or not.

-------------

Pete Wentz stepped out of his apartment and slid on his large sunglasses to shade his eyeliner blackened eyes - and to hide his identity. He pulled the hood of his vibrant yellow hoodie up over his head. The violently bright colour of his hoodie contradicted his need to be inconspicuous but he was trying to go unnoticed anyway.

He stepped into a small, uncrowded coffee shop and made his way to the counter to order his coffee. It was quiet, except for the low, hushed voices of a couple sitting at a table in the back. Pete found it nice to be ordering coffee from a place other then Starbucks where there would more then likely be a photographer, or celebrity reporter or even a group of young fans who would happily profess their love for the bassist while he tried to grab his coffee from the attendant and make for the door. Here at this little place Pete highly doubted that he would have to worry about any of those three things.

The attendant at the counter looked up from the sheet of paper she had been scribbling on and slowly put the red pen on the counter top.

"Hi there, what would you like today?" She said, smiling at Pete while she waited attentively for him to voice his order.

The woman was still smiling at him patiently when he realised he was still wearing both his sunglasses and hood. He abruptly took both off and flashed the woman an apologetic smile.

"Just a plain black." He replied.

"Are you having it in today or do you want me to make it to go?" She asked politely.

Ordinarily Pete would've asked to have it to go but the cosy atmosphere of the coffee shop made him want to stop, stay and enjoy his first beverage of the morning instead of having it on the run, and usually he really was drinking it while he was running away from someone.

"I'll have it here, thanks." He said, slipping his sunglasses in to the pocket of his hoodie.

"Okay, great." She smiled again. "Grab a table and I'll bring it right over to you."

There were only a few tables in the coffee shop. Each of the tables was small and round and had two chairs belonging to them, three chairs at the most. One of the tables was occupied but the rest were empty and clean, each had a simple white menu placed in the centre. Pete selected a table near the wall. It was close to the door but not so much so that people would have to walk past him to get to the counter.

He dragged out a chair and sat down, waiting patiently and silently for the girl at the counter to make his coffee.

She hadn't been joking when she said she'd bring it right over to him. In a matter of minutes she had placed it down on the edge of the table. He had passed her a few bills and told her to keep the change.

Pete sat sipping my coffee quietly. The couple in the back had packed up their things and were heading out the door, making Pete and the attendant the only two people in the store. It wasn't for long though.

Soon a short girl with a clipboard came bustling into the store. She had long, bright auburn hair, which hung to just above her waist. It was straigtened and hairsprayed at the top. Her eyes were darkened by thick black eyeliner and her skin was a milky white colour and her lips were crimson red. She could've been snow white if her hair was black. She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey plaid mini dress with a bright blue cardigan over the top. Her choice of shoes was a pair of worn out black chucks. She had a black handbag slung over one shoulder and in the hand that wasn't holding the clipboard she had a pen.

"Hey Suze." The girl behind the counter smiled and waved.

Pete watched Suze wave back and smile at her.

"Do you want the usual Suze?" She asked.

Suze didn't speak but she nodded and then went to take a table a few tables away from him. Pete took another short sip of his coffee and watched her place her clipboard and pen on the table. She had placed her bag on the floor beside her chair and almost didn't notice when her pen rolled slowly off the table and came to rest a metre away from where Pete was sitting. It looked like she was about to get up when he decide he would get the pen for her. After all, maybe it would give him and excuse to talk to her.

He picked the pen up from the floor and took it over to her. She had a thankful expression on her face and it looked like she was about to say something but she didn't.

"Hey, I'm Pete. You dropped your pen."

She nodded and smiled and then held her hand out for the pen. He gave it to her and then gestured at the seat, asking if it was okay for him to sit down. She nodded.

She sat there quietly, maybe waiting for him to speak when the waitress came over and passed her, her coffee and then turned to Pete.

"Pete, yes? Can, uh, talk to you for a minute?" She asked.

"Sure. I'll be back Suze." He said to her before getting out of his seat and following the waitress to the counter.

"You shouldn't bother with Suzannah." She said. "She's not, uh. I really don't know how to put it. She's not great in relationships."

Pete was slightly shocked at her bluntness. He'd never had that in mind really, he just wanted to talk to her.

"Why do you say that? Shouldn't it be her call?" He said, his tone had taken on a hint of hostility. He didn't see how it was this girls job to be in Suze's business, but truthfully he didn't know Suze and he shouldn't have been getting worked up about it but it was people like her that made him pissed off.

"Will you calm down?" She said, grabbing his arm. "I don't want to see Suze hurt again. She's a regular customer here so I've gotten to know her a bit. I treat her as I would my sister and I'm just warning you before you go and try to win her heart and in the process break it like so many other guys have before."

"What makes you think I'd hurt her?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I know who you are Pete Wentz. You'd be no good for her."

"You can't judge me like that, you don't even know me. I want to at least talk to Suze, can't you give me that much?" Pete asked.

"I'm sorry. I can't." She said curtly.

"Why not?"

"Suzannah can't speak."
Sign up to rate and review this story