Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

.:: Bang the Doldrums::.

by clandestinebabe 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-10-29 - Updated: 2007-10-30 - 583 words

1Exciting
"I'm good to go and I'm going nowhere fast.
It could be worse I could be taking you there with me.
I'm good to go, but it looks like I'm still on my own”


Katherine lay in bed curled in a ball and allowed the steady stream of tears to continue. Jerry had beaten her pretty bad tonight, but that was expected. What she couldn’t understand is why, after so many weeks of the beatings, did it still hurt so badly. It wasn’t the physical pain as much as it was mentally.

She slowly ran her fingers across the welt on her arm where he had gripped her, and then gently over her almost certain black eye. Jerry always goes on a nightly rampage, striking down anything that dared defy him or stand in his way.

Why not tell someone, but who would she have to tell?

Why not leave, but where could she possibly go?

Her mom would just shrug it off and say what she always does
“Oh honey, you know how he gets when he is drunk and has had a bad day at work; he is my everything, so you’re just going to have to adjust.”

This is me, Katherine Davis, just your ordinary 18 year old right? Yeah I guess you could say that. That jerk you heard in the beginning, his name is Jerry and he is my stepfather. The other idiot you heard is my mom Ana. Pathetic excuse for a mother, I know. I guess I should start from the top. My dad passed away about 8 months ago, and me and Ana were living in Miami. Well she went to a bar late one evening and came across Jerry, they got married a few weeks later. Jerry got a job transfer about a week and a half ago to Chicago and that’s where I'm currently residing. Long story short, my life is basically a living hell.
I will tell you this though, I'm definitely leaving soon.

The problem at hand is what am I going to do tomorrow when I start work? I guess I will work it out in the morning. Right now I just need to get some sleep. The tears brimming my eyes were finally receding and eventually sleep overcame me.

The sun came through my curtains and it's warmth began to spread through my face.
"Good morning Chicago! Ray here with all your hit music to get you up and going today. Up next we have new song Sugar were going down by Chicago's own Fall Out Boy"
“Nice choice Ray, gah it's 5 till 8….” I rubbed my eyes and opened the curtains.
‘Am I more than you bargained for yet, I’ve been dying to tell you anything…”

I walked over to my bathroom trying to make the smallest amount of noise possible. The swelling of my bruises had gone down a lot but they were still black and blue. I reached for one of my best concealers and prayed that the color would look as natural as possible...not bad... Damn, Jerry's awake.

Throwing on some nice clothes I tried to silently make my way downstairs.I could hear mom pouring herself a bowl of cereal and with each step I took I had to pray that they wouldn't hear me. Jerry had his back turned as he poured some Equal into his coffee. (Please don't see me, please don't see-)

"Hey honey, where are you going?"
Sign up to rate and review this story