Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sharpest Lives

A Trip to Remember

by crystalcrash 3 reviews

Read the note at the end of the chapter please. Thanks for the reviews, they're my gasoline to keep on writing =)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2007-10-30 - Updated: 2007-10-30 - 1221 words - Complete

0Unrated


...well, I felt I couldn't take another day inside this place, from silent dreams we never wake, and in this promise that we'll make, Starless eyes for heaven's sake, but I hear you anyway, well I thought I heard you say 'I like you', we can get out, we don't have to stay, stay inside this place...





We could be there in less than an hour.



I had spent the next morning investigating and searching for the bastard called John Thompson. /Thank god for internet... /The guy was still living in a trailer park near our hometown in New Jersey. Emma's house was in Delaware and it would take us less than an hour to be face to face with him.



Frank didn't know what I had been doing because I had gotten up early and he was a late sleeper.



I had a plan to help Frank forget his past, and it was facing it.



I was sure that seeing the guy years after everything, he would realise what a total loser the asshole is, he would finally be able to let his past rest.



I still liked my original plan of tearing his heart out of his chest better though; I doubted anyone would miss him; some would even throw a party to celebrate. But I thought it was better to go with Plan B: visit the guy; see what a loser he is; let him see how far Frankie had gotten; and forget him forever.



Frank couldn't hide like this the rest of his life; it was tearing him apart, and therefore, me too.



When Mikey woke up I told him the plan. He agreed with it but thought there was no way in hell I would get Frankie to go there. It would be hard of course, but I'd have to convince him.



"I'll go for a drive with him wherever... I'll make something up. Then I'll tell him that he needs to do it for his own good. I'll convince him, you'll see. I'm just telling you so you guys know where we are. We'll be out for awhile; the drive alone will take almost 2hours."



Mikey nodded, more interested in looking for breakfast than continuing to listen to me. He understood the plan, agreed with it, and that's what mattered. "Ok... but don't pressure him too much."



I nodded and left the kitchen with a wave of a hand. Turning the corner, I crashed into Frank, who was yawning. He smiled when he saw me.



"Whoa! Hey, Frankie, we need to go to the store to buy...milk."



He raised an eyebrow. "Since when do you drink milk?"



"It's not for me. Come on, let's go. Grab something to eat; you can eat it in the car." I was fidgeting nervously with the string of my hoodie; I was such a bad liar but he bought it.



After grabbing a waffle Mikey had just made and getting yelled at for it, we headed for the car. I knew Emma wouldn't mind, especially since it was to help Frank.



After passing up a few stores, Frank started getting suspicious. "Are we going to a farm to get the milk directly from the cows?" he asked sarcastically.



I pulled over to the side of the road, and turned so I was facing him. "Frank... we're not really going to get milk."



"So... you're going to kidnap me? You could go to jail for that sort of thing, you know," he joked, munching on what was left of his waffle. He was really happy that morning.



"We're going to visit John."



He froze. "John who," he asked, knowing exactly what the answer would be.



"Your stepfather. John Thompson. I've thought about it a lot and I think it's -"



"What?! Are you crazy? Why the fuck would Iwant to go see him? I never want to see his fucked up face again! Why the hell did you trick me? Why would you want to go there anyways!?"



"Frank, listen. You won't be able to ever forget him unless you face him. You ran away when you were 15 because it was all you could do but you can't keep on running. We'll just go see him so you can realise what a fucking loser he is, and you can tell him a few things, too. You can release some of the pent-up anger you have, you need to; that way you'll finally be able to forget him."



With a look of disgust he shook his head and opened the car door.



"Frank! Wait!"



But he didn't wait. He got out of the car and started walking back in the direction we had came from.



I jumped out of the car, slamming the door shut and ran after him. He finally stopped walking and turned around, still pissed off. "Why the fuck are you doing this to me? It was so hard for me to tell you about it all and now you want to take me to him! For what? So I'll break down inside again when I see him and remember every horrible detail of everything that ever happened? Is that what you want?"



I couldn't believe he could say that. That was completely the opposite of what I wanted! "Frank, that's exactly what Idon't want! That's why you have to face your past for once and for all!"



That didn't convince him and he turned around and continued walking, his hands stuffed in his pockets.



I ran to catch up with him and stood in his path. "Frank, please," I said pleadingly. "I can't see you like this anymore... it's eating you up... it's killing you inside... and it's killing me too."



I'm not sure what he saw in my face then, but looking into my eyes, his expression softened. I guess he realised how much it meant to me... how much /he /meant to me.



He looked down at the floor, glancing up at me shyly. "Okay..." he agreed, nodding slightly.



I smiled and we headed back to the car. Once we were back in, I looked over to him and saw the nervous look on his face. I put a hand on his knee and, offering a smile, said, "Don't worry, babe, I'll be with you."



He relaxed a bit and smiled back at me.



The rest of the trip we didn't talk much. Iglanced over at him every once in awhile to make sure he was ok. He just sat looking out the window most of the way, thinking about what he would say or do when he saw his old stepfather.



I hoped the trip was really worth it, that it would help him. And in a way, help us both.















A/N: Hope nobody was disappointed with the way this chapter turned out. How many of you really thought Gee would kill the guy? xD Sorry for tricking you guys... I'm evil like that.



Thanks for reading! Rate/Comment and I'll love you! Keep an eye out for a Frerard Oneshot I've written called "I pray for a Heart to save my own"... I'll warn you all in advance: it's romantically cheesy :p Please read and comment on it too!



Next chapter will probably be up later on this week... Thursday maybe...







Sign up to rate and review this story