Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book V

Chapter 18: Retrieval

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter Crossover. Sequel to Books I through IV. With Voldemort returning to power, Harry encounters some of his most dangerous perils yet. Can he survive?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lily,Umbridge,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-31 - Updated: 2007-10-31 - 5569 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter Eighteen: Retrieval

On a Sunday morning in late November in the large secret cavernous chamber underneath Saki Manor that housed the brand new Foot Headquarters, Oroku Saki exited his personal elevator before he walked directly across the room with a purpose. He had just finished meeting with Lord Voldemort and Voldemort agreed to hand over a very powerful piece of alien technology that was extremely crucial for Saki to successfully carry out his newest plan which the Dark Lord currently had stored in his base of operations.

Of course, Saki knew Voldemort, much like himself, never did anything without expecting something in return. Voldemort recently received intelligence through the Ministry of Magic that Harry Potter was to receive a very important package being delivered to the American Wizardry Government today. Voldemort was certain that the package contained a very important magical artifact that could be used against him and he suggested that Saki would have it intercepted; Voldemort would hand over the crucial alien technology stored in his base of operations without a second thought. Saki had to laugh at Voldemort’s utter ignorance, as if he had any idea of exactly how powerful this piece of alien technology was, Voldemort would achieve his goals of ruling the entire magical world sooner than even he could ever imagine.

Saki felt pretty confident about his chances of retrieving the mysterious package and gaining the alien technology, as Potter would not be personally picking up the package himself for reasons Saki did not particularly care about. Grabbing a piece of paper, Saki quickly wrote down what he wanted to accomplish before walking over towards Baxter Stockman, who was busy working on an experiment that Saki didn’t particularly care too much about at the moment. Stockman recently acquired a holographic projection of his human head over the top of the canister that contained his remaining eye, his brain, and his spinal cord, in addition to the new robotic arm hooked to the side of the container.

“Stockman!” yelled Saki, causing Stockman to turn his eye towards Saki.

“Yes,” said Stockman briskly.

“You are to find Hun right away and deliver this message to him for a matter that I need completed,” said Saki coldly. “I have other more pressing matters that I need to attend to; otherwise I’d give Hun the required instructions myself.”

“Of course,” said Stockman, taking the piece of paper with his robotic arm before scooting off using the wheels hooked to the bottom of the container and muttering. “To think, a man of my obvious superior scientifically intellect such as myself being reduced to the insignificant task of being a common messenger boy. The Shredder obviously is so foolish because of his evident lack of the acknowledgment of my talents…”

“What was that Stockman?” thundered Saki as he had his back turned, about ready to step through the doorway.

“Nothing, my wise and completely respected Master,” said Stockman quickly sycophantically before hastened to delivering the Shredder’s message to that imbecile Hun.

Interestingly enough, despite his backpedaling, no one could accuse Baxter Stockman of not having a spine. After all of his failures under the employ of the Shredder, that was one of the few parts of his original body that he still possessed.

Just a couple of miles outside of the location of the American Wizardry Government headquarters, Hailey and a very reluctant looking Hermione were walking down the dusty pathway in the wooded area that led to their destination. The only reason why Hermione had agreed to come with Hailey on this little destination to make sure she didn’t get off task was because Ginny, Theodore, and Daphne all had too much homework to take a leisurely trip to New York. As for Harry, he had other important things to do on this morning, mostly regarding plans for the next meeting of the Defense Against the Dark Arts study group. Hermione would have rather went by herself but since she didn’t have the slightest clue where the American Wizardry Government headquarters were located.

They continued their walk down the trail with Hailey whistling the Hogwarts song, which was slowly but surely getting on Hermione’s nerves. Hermione hastened her pace, attempting to get towards the American Wizardry Government headquarters quickly to get this over with. She hoped this trip would be worth but the way Harry was talking about this parcel that was being picked out, Hermione figured it would be a crucial magical object in the currently developing conflict with Voldemort. She couldn’t wait to see what it is, although Harry gave her explicit instructions not to open it no matter the circumstances as there were quite a number of people who would kill for something like what Harry was about to receive.

Hailey stopped whistling just when they got in front of Niagara Falls. Hermione looked around, curiously, wondering why Hailey had stopped.

“Hermione, welcome to the American Wizardry Government Headquarters,” said Hailey in a cheerful voice.

“The American Wizardry Government Headquarters is at Niagara Falls?” asked Hermione in a puzzled voice.

“No, it’s underneath the Falls, Hermione,” said Hailey. “Of course, you wouldn’t know that because they location isn’t detailed in any book.”

“For security purposes I assume much like Hogwarts,” said Hermione.

Hailey nodded before raising her wand and pointing towards Niagara Falls.

“State your name and business, please,” said a female monotone voice on the opposing side of Niagara Falls.

“This is Hailey Potter and Hermione Granger,” said Hailey. “We are here to pick up the package for Harry Potter.”

A brief pause before the Falls magically parted, revealing the stairway down into the American Wizardry Government Headquarters.

“Thank you Miss Potter, the package is currently under heavy guard and can be found in chamber Q-7,” said the voice from inside the Headquarters.

Hailey walked her way down the stairs, as Hermione walked behind her. Hermione looked around, taking in the details of the inside of the American Wizardry Government buildings. She was impressed by the layout of the building and personally believed it was a unique educational experience to visit a government headquarters of any type.

Hailey really didn’t seem too fazed about visiting the American Wizardry Government headquarters, because she had visited it at least a dozen times before with either Harry, her mother, or both. Walking down two spiraled corridors, it took about a half of an hour before Hermione and Hailey reached the entrance of chamber Q-7. The entrance for chamber Q-7 was guarded by a quartet of Aurors, who had their wands ready to attack at the first sign of trouble. The Aurors stepped to the side, while still guarding the entrance as the metal door slowly opened. Stepping through with the Aurors still watching them carefully, Hermione and Hailey to see a trio of Aurors patrolling a square table with a large package that was magically sealed shut.

As they approached the table, Hermione found herself feeling impressed about the level of security. She very much doubted that two underage witches and four mutant turtles could break into this government headquarters.

“I must say I will be really glad once the contents of this package leaves headquarters,” said one of the Aurors as Hailey reached forward, before picking up the package, and placing it underneath her arm.

“We don’t know even exactly what the contents of the package are but our superiors said that there are a lot of people who will kill to own whatever this is,” said the second of the Aurors.

“Amazingly enough, that’s exactly what Harry said,” said Hermione in an awestruck voice. “I think we better get this package out of here and back to Hogwarts, before anything could happen.”

“What could possibly happen?” asked Hailey incredulously. “It isn’t like anyone could have found out the package was here, as Harry said he didn’t even tell anyone about it until he asked us to retrieve it earlier this morning. And word of anything top secret rarely gets out of this building. The only way anyone would know is if someone intercepted the owl that had the message telling Harry that the package arrived before Harry got it.”

“I know but I’ll fell a whole lot better when we arrive safely back at Hogwarts,” said Hermione in a slightly nervous voice as she and Hailey walked from Chamber Q-7 towards the entrance. “After all, in New York isn’t there a lot of…”

“Nutters,” said Hailey, finishing Hermione’s sentence. “Yes, but I repeat, what could happen in the ten minutes it takes us to walk from the entrance of the Headquarters to the point where the entrance of the Anti-Magical Transportation wards wear off so we can use the Portus-Amulet to make our way back to Hogwarts.”

Hermione nodded reluctantly, but she had an uneasy feeling that something was up, as they exited the American Wizardry Government Headquarters.

From the other side of Niagara Falls, the duo of Mr. Touch and Mr. Go stepped into view. Mr. Go grinned as he saw the two girls walk down the pathway.

“Well, Mr. Touch, I believe ze package is in reach, all we need to do is dispose of these two girls and we’ll be able to complete our job,” said Mr. Go, as he leaned on his walking stick with a calculating expression on his face.

“Absolutely, Mr. Go, two little girls will not beat a pair of master assassins such as ourselves,” said Mr. Touch before turning towards Mr. Go and touching knuckles. A surge of energy coursed through Mr. Touch and Mr. Go, amplifying the power of super speed for Mr. Go and the power of super strength for Mr. Touch to the maximum capacity. With that added boost of power, the two super powered assassins walked off to stalk Hermione and Hailey.

Hermione and Hailey continued their path down the trail, they were only a few hundred feet away from where the Anti-Magical Transportation wards stopped. As they reached the end of the trail, Hermione stopped short. She could have sworn she heard footsteps behind her.

“Hermione, hurry up, we only have a little bit longer before we are out of the Anti-Magical Transportation Wards,” said Hailey in an impatient voice but Hermione raised her hand to silence her best friend’s sister.

“There is someone behind us,” muttered Hermione.

Hailey looked around, with one hand on the package and the other hand on her wand.

“Hermione, I think you are hearing things, there is no one behind…” started Hailey, but she never finished as a white blur zipped by her. Hailey spun around anxiously before she felt two feet catching her right in the face, causing her to fly backwards into a tree.

Hermione rushed over, Harry would kill her if anything happened to his sister.

“Hailey, are you alright?” asked Hermione.

“I just flew into a bloody tree at the speed of light, so what the hell do you think Hermione!” snapped Hailey, before she groggily pulled herself up to a standing position before narrowing her eyes at Mr. Touch and Mr. Go. “You!”

“Yes us, little girl,” said Mr. Go in a triumphant voice. “I suggest you hand us over ze package, and there will be no further need for violence. Isn’t that right Mr. Touch?”

“Positively correct, Mr. Go,” said Mr. Touch, as he cracked his knuckles.

“Hailey, who are these people?” muttered Hermione.

“Explanations later, Hermione, we need to get out of here now,” said Hailey through gritted teeth before turning towards Mr. Touch and Mr. Go. “Go ahead and take it from me, if you think you can handle a full fledged ninja master.”

Hermione rolled her eyes in disgust. From what Harry told her, Hailey had only been training in the art of ninjitsu for a couple of months and barely was able to master a couple of basic ninjitsu moves, much less the entire art.

“Oh, we are shaking in our skin, ninja girl,” said Mr. Go mockily. “Mr. Touch, I say we should give zis girl a lesson in keeping her tongue to herself.”

“I would concur, Mr. Go,” stated Mr. Touch but Hailey had already handed the package to Hermione and leapt recklessly straight at her attackers. Sighing, Touch and Go ducked the attack, causing Hailey to land flat on her face. Groaning, Hailey laid on the ground with blood pouring from her now busted nose.

Hermione gulped as Mr. Touch and Mr. Go had advanced on her, with malicious intentions in mind.

“You would do well to hand us the package or you will be exterminated,” said Mr. Touch. “As Mr. Go will tell you, we mean business in all our endeavors.”

“Once again, Mr. Touch, you have spoken the absolute truth,” said Mr. Go, who rushed towards Hermione, attempting to grab a hold of the package but Hermione quickly drew her wand from her sleeve, before she sprung into the attack.

“Reducto!” cried Hermione, blasting Mr. Go full force in the chest, causing him flying back into a tree. Mr. Go slumped up against the tree, groaning in agony before Hermione walked over, helping Hailey up to her feet before looking over to see a battered Mr. Go pulling himself to his feet as Mr. Touch approached. In a blink of an eye, Mr. Touch and Mr. Go touched knuckles, charging themselves to full strength.

Hermione looked horrified as someone she just blasted hard with a spell rose to his feet as if he hadn’t been hurt at all.

“Did I mention that we do kind of have to keep these two apart because if we don’t, they can touch fists and undo any damage?” asked Hailey sheepishly before Hermione shoved her to the ground in a burst of anger, causing Hailey to give a noise of indignation at Hermione’s actions.

“Yes, I believe that would have been important for me to know,” said Hermione in an irritated voice before she helped Hailey up and they made a break straight towards the edge of the Anti-Magical Transportation wards with Touch and Go in pursuit. “Hailey Rosaline Potter, do have any more bright ideas to get us nearly killed?”

“No,” said Hailey in a sweet, innocent, tone of voice.

“Good,” said Hermione before pulling the Portus-Amulet out. “Hold on, we need to get out here.”

Hermione raised her wand to touch the Portus-Amulet to transport her, Hailey, and the mysterious package of Harry’s back to Hogwarts but she felt a large beefy hand grip her arm, pulling her back.

“Not so fast, girly,” growled Mr. Touch pulling Hermione back, despite her frantic struggles as Mr. Go tucked his right arm underneath Hailey’s chin causing her to drop the package on the ground, holding her tightly despite Hailey attempting to squirm and scratch her way free . “These two were rather foolish in thinking they could escape us that easily, isn’t that right, Mr. Go?”

“Positively, my dear Mr. Touch,” said Mr. Go, oblivious to Hailey’s attempts to stamp on his feet before spotting the Portus-Amulet snapped around Hermione’s neck. He dismissively tossed Hailey to the ground, before removing the Portus-Amulet from Hermione’s neck. “I must say, this is a pretty little amulet, is it not, Mr. Touch?”

“Positively exquisite, Mr. Go,” said Mr. Touch as he let go of Hermione to turn to examine the Amulet. “Just think of all the money it will fetch on the open market.”

“Ze thought never truly crossed my mind, Mr. Touch,” remarked Mr. Go. “I was thinking that it might make a very admirable accessory to our very trendy fashion sense, yes.”

“Too true, Mr. Go” said Mr. Touch.

Meanwhile, Hailey looked pleased with herself, as she had the package in her hand. She turned to a frantic looking Hermione.

“Okay, Hermione, while those two are distracted, let’s get out of here,” said Hailey.

“Oh, that would be nice Hailey, but there is just one itty bitty little problem,” whispered Hermione in a calm, slightly sarcastic voice before getting to yell. “THOSE TWO NOW HAVE THE BLOODY PORTUS-AMULET THAT WE NEED TO GET BACK TO HOGWARTS!”

“Son of a Snape,” muttered Hailey before turning to Touch and Go with a determined and dangerous look on her face. “Hey, Mop and Glow, give me back that amulet, now!”

“That’s Touch and Go you insolent little brat!” snapped Mr. Go angrily. “But naturally, I believe we will be keeping ze amulet.”

“Of course, we could perhaps agree on a trade, isn’t that correct, Mr. Go?” inquired Mr. Touch.

“Yes, a trade would be most excellent,” said Mr. Go. “A much appreciated suggestion, Mr. Touch. So let us say, you give willingly give us zat package for zis amulet. Of course, we will still be taking ze package if you refuse our offering but it will be with much more pain and suffering on your part.”

Hailey turned to Hermione, before subtly slipping her the package.

“Get the package back to the city to a certain warehouse I doubt very much that I need to tell you which,” muttered Hailey. “I’ll try and get Harry’s Portus Amulet back from these two dunderheads.”

Hermione slowly nodded before cautiously backing off around the corner leading towards a nearby neighborhood as Hailey walked forward towards Touch and Go, rolling up the sleeves of her sweater.

“I decided to respectively decline your offer and also respectively teach you a lesson about taking things that don’t belong to you,” said Hailey, seriously.

Mr. Touch and Mr. Go exchanged incredulous looks before breaking in a loud burst of laughter.

“Mr. Touch, do take care of this little nuisance, while I will try and locate the other girl who has thought she could be so smart as to slip out with ze package,” declare Mr. Go snapped the Portus-Amulet around his neck

“Brilliant strategy, Mr. Go. I shall meet up with you when I complete this little triviality,” said Mr. Touch as the two super powered hitmen reached towards each other, touching knuckles, recharging their power to full capacity before moving there separate directions.

Hailey could not believe her luck; she had inadvertently stumbled into a successful strategy of separating Touch and Go. She had a better chance of defeating Touch without his little buddy there to join him in their recharging. Then, she could worry about going after Mr. Go and getting back the Portus-Amulet. Hailey just hoped that Hermione was crafty enough to dodge Go until Touch could be disposed of.

Mr. Touch swung his large fist at Hailey but Hailey managed to throw herself out of harm’s way. Springing high into the air, Hailey blasted Mr. Touch full force in the chest with both of her feet. Unfortunately, this staggered Touch back a few steps as he rushed Hailey but Hailey managed to avoid Mr. Touch attempting to smash her skull in with both of his arms. Spinning around, Mr. Touch grabbed Hailey by the throat, before hoisting her up and throwing her towards the ground. Hailey managed to steady herself like Harry taught her and land on her feet to minimize the impact.

“C’mon is that all you’ve got,” said Hailey as she backed off, trying to incite Mr. Touch into attacking her to burn up more of his power.

“I will pound you into paste, girl,” said Mr. Touch as he lumbered forward, attempting to take Hailey’s head off with a punch but Hailey back flipped out of the way. She barely avoided landing on her face before scooting back before slipping onto a road leading into the city.

Mr. Touch began to walk forward in pursuit of his target. No way, he was letting a mere girl embarrass him.

Back in the city, Hermione turned around in a street corner, with sweat dripping down her face. She hoped she gave that lunatic that was going after her the slip.

“Hello again, Mademoiselle,” declared Mr. Go in a tone of voice that caused Hermione to wince. “I must say, you are not being very polite attempting to give good old Mr. Go ze slip. It would be in your best interest for you to just give the package and then we can avoid ze bloodshed, yes.”

Hermione backed off, her knees shaking, before pulling her wand out and pointing it towards the manhole cover Mr. Go stood on.

“Wingardium Leviosa,” stated Hermione, causing to levitate enough to blast Mr. Go off of it. Hermione breathed a sigh of relief but unfortunately it was short lived as Mr. Go swiftly landed firmly on his feet.

“Ah, I believe you will need to do much better than that to defeat me,” said Mr. Go but Hermione managed to slip past the entrance of a nearby parking.

If Hermione recalled correctly from her previous visit to New York nearly four years ago, the warehouse she was looking for was at least three streets over from where she was. Unfortunately, Hermione wasn’t completely sure, as in the city the size of New York, it was extremely easy to become lost.

Hailey stood in front an alleyway, with a smirk on her face. The warehouse was just a few blocks away. Hailey didn’t have much more time to map out a strategy as Mr. Touch stepped around the corner before quickly swinging his fist into the stomach of Hailey. The force sent Hailey flying backwards right towards a fence at the end of the dead end alleyway.

Shaking her head slightly to clear the cobwebs, Hailey hoisted herself up to her feet, before picking up a metal garbage can lid. She flung it directly towards Mr. Touch but Mr. Touch swung his fist forward, splitting the lid open with one swift motion.

“Playtime’s over,” declared Mr. Touch as he moved forward but Hailey managed to duck the charge of Mr. Touch before leaping up, catching him in the ribs with both feet.

Touch yelled before charging forward, swinging a fist towards Hailey but Hailey ducked and Mr. Touch punched a concrete wall. Touch staggered around, feeling his power completely drained as Hailey kicked at Mr. Touch, knocking him backwards out of the alleyway. Bending down, Mr. Touch swung at Hailey once again but Hailey rolled underneath before pulling out her wand, pointing it towards a nearby street sign.

“Wingardium Leviosa,” muttered Hailey but Mr. Touch advanced towards her, laughing as he thought she had botched her attack. With a grin set upon her face, Hailey levitated the street sign above the head of Mr. Touch, letting it linger for a few seconds before she jerked her arm back.

The street sign plummeted right onto the head of Mr. Touch, causing him to fall straight to the ground. Looking rather pleased with herself, Hailey turned to find Hermione.

Little did Hailey know that Mr. Touch pulled himself to a standing position and continued his pursuit, despite the new addition of several large knots on the top of his head.

Just a couple of miles from the warehouse, Hermione stumbled back. She wondered exactly how Harry could stand dealing with incidents such as the one she was in the process of experiencing. Hermione was absolutely positive if she had as many close brushes with injury or death as Harry did, she would be on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Hermione backed off but she winced as she inadvertently backed herself towards the end of a dead end road. She came to the all too unfortunate realization that she had just ran out of room.

Mr. Go walked towards Hermione with a triumphant look on his face. Hermione sank up against the wall, clutching the package with a fearful look on her face, the trademark Gryffindor courage deserting her, too petrified to even reach for her wand.

“I believe you have reached the end of the line, no,” declared Mr. Go. “Zis is your final warning, hand over ze package or else.”

Hermione looked at Mr. Go who looked ready to seriously hurt her and started to hand the package over but wilted when she envisioned what Harry’s disappointment if she had relinquished the package.

“Never!” stated Hermione definitely.

“Very well, you leave me but little choice,” said Mr. Go, raising his walking stick, preparing to bash Hermione right in the face but Hailey grabbed Mr. Go’s arm, spinning him around.

“Give me the bloody Amulet,” said Hailey in a low, dangerous voice but Mr. Go swung his walking stick at Hailey, causing Hailey to stumble backwards.

“You will pay, for your insolence!” cried Mr. Go, swinging his walking stick, but the cackling sound of his power beginning to reach it’s end echoed through Hailey’s ears.

Go slumped forward, looking really weak as Hailey had a triumphant smirk on her face before leaping up and kicking Mr. Go causing him to fly backwards.

Hermione pulled herself up before she followed Hailey out of the alleyway.

“Well, all we need to do is grab the Portus-Amulet so we can get…out of here,” declared Hermione as she trailed off, as she spied Mr. Touch and Mr. Go standing right in front of the warehouse, knocking their fists together, recharging their power.

“Or not,” muttered Hailey in a depressed tone of voice.

“Time for us to purloin the package, Mr. Go,” declared Mr. Touch in a tone of voice that indicated for him Christmas had come early and brought all the holidays along for the party.

“Once again, you would be absolutely correct, Mr. Touch,” said Mr. Go as he reached forward, effortlessly pulling the package from Hermione’s grasp. “Our employer will be most pleased.”

Hailey looked as the metal door of the warehouse slowly raised, revealing the unmistakable appearance of Leo, Don, Mikey, and Raph behind Touch and Go, weapons out and looking ready to attack Touch and Go at a moments notice.

“I’m certain that whoever your employer will be, they will be not pleased,” said Hermione with a smug, knowing tone of voice.

“What exactly is that supposed to mean?” asked Mr. Touch.

“It means, you should turn around right about now,” suggested Hailey with a mischievous smirk on her face.

“Nice try, but we will not be falling for zat trick,” said Mr. Go but Leo tapped Go on the shoulder as Raph tapped Touch on the shoulder. Turning around with looks of confusion, Touch and Go became wide eyed as Raph’s fist flew right into Touch’s mouth and Leo knocked Mr. Go back with a punch.

The package flew backwards and Hailey effortlessly caught it, showing exactly why she was selected as the Seeker for the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team.

“Mr.Go, we have ambushed by a quartet of lizards,” said Mr. Touch in indignation.

“Hey, get it right, dude, we’re turtles,” said Mikey, as he swung his nunchucks in a spiral pattern, smashing Mr. Touch right in the mouth as Raph and Leo both sprang up, knocking Mr. Touch backwards.

“Well, turtles, you will be in ze soup now!” bellowed Mr. Go as he swung his walking stick towards Leo but Leo swiftly blocked it with his katana. “Ze turtle soup that is.”

Mr. Go swung the walking stick, knocking Leo back into the outside wall of the warehouse but he turned around to see Don toss his Bo staff right at his throat. The Bo staff connected right where the Portus-Amulet was fastened to Mr. Go’s neck, knocking him backwards, and causing the Amulet to fly backwards right, clattering the ground. Mr. Go made a made dash for the Amulet but Hailey stamped his fingers, before picking the Amulet.

“I don’t think so, Mr. Go,” sang Hailey before brightening at her own poetic genius. “Hey that rhymed. I’m so awesome.”

Hermione groaned as she shook her head in irritation as Raph leapt up, kicking Mr. Go right in the head, before the assassin could go over the Portus-Amulet again.

“You know, I never fought someone who had such a deplorable taste for fashion,” muttered Raph, as he blocked Mr. Go’s walking stick with his Sai and then proceeded to knock Mr. Go backwards with a well placed elbow to the face.

“How dare you, zis is the very latest fashion,” groaned Mr. Go in agony before collapsing to the ground with his powers depleted and talking weakly as he pulled himself up weakly. “I think it is time for us to be recharging, Mr. Touch.”

Don leapt up, smashing his Bo staff right into the face of Mr. Touch, preventing him from reaching Mr. Go so they could power up.

“I don’t think we can allow that to happen, boys,” said Don as Leo swung his sword keeping Mr. Go at bay.

Hermione and Hailey exchanged a look before Hermione watched Hailey pull out her wand, with Hermione placing a hand on the parcel tucked underneath Hailey’s arm.

“Thank, good bye, sayonara suckers!” yelled Hailey, as Mr. Go attempted to make one final attempt to walk snatch the package but the Portus-Amulet activated, pulling Hermione and Hailey back to Hogwarts.

Touch and Go shared a horrified look as the Turtles looked about ready to finish them off. Raising their fists, they touched them, replenishing their powers.

“Let us beat a hasty retreat, Mr. Go,” said Mr. Touch.

“I must certainly agree Mr. Touch, we are not getting paid to fight these turtles,” said Mr. Touch before Touch and Go turned and quickly retreated across the street.

“I knew you’d see it our way,” said Mikey in a triumphant voice before he joined his brothers in returning to the lair.

Outside the Great Hall, Hermione and Hailey landed safely from the transport from the transport from the Portus Amulet. Hermione massaged her forehead in irritation. The events of today had succeeded in giving her a migraine.

“How does Harry do things like this on a regular basis?” wondered Hermione in complete irritation.

Hailey shrugged, as she honestly had no clue.

“I better check in with Harry, I think he might want to know that we got his package back safely,” said Hailey, pulling out her two way mirror and tapping her wand. Harry’s face appeared on the mirror.

“Yes,” said Harry.

“We managed to make it back to Hogwarts in one piece with the package, with only some minor difficulties,” said Hailey.

“Minor difficulties?” hissed Hermione but Hailey raised her hand to hush Hermione.

“Excellent, I’m up in the Room of Requirement with the others, you can bring it up here,” said Harry in a pleased tone of voice.

Hailey nodded, before tapping her wand on the Portus-Amulet, transporting her, Hermione, and the package outside of the Room of Requirement. The door opened and Hailey and Hermione walked through the doorway inside. Harry, Ginny, Daphne, and Theodore were sitting around a circular table, busily at work but Harry looked up, taking the package from Hailey.

“I must say, I’m very lucky to manage to get my hands on this when I did, as there are quite a few people who would do anything to own one of these,” said Harry, as he opened up the package. Ginny, Daphne, Theodore, Hailey, and Hermione watched intently, as Harry reached into the package, pulling out an aged broomstick.

“A broomstick!” screamed Hermione incredulously. “You sent us all the way on a dangerous…”

“Harry, where did you get one of those?” interrupted Daphne. “I thought they were only a myth.”

“I heard they only made a dozen of them and most of them were bought up by magical antique collectors,” said Theodore.

“A real life genuine Wind Storm racing broom,” said Ginny in an awed voice. “I wouldn’t believe it, but there it is right in front of me. It can fly at the speed of a killing curse.”

“Sounds dangerous,” said Hailey seriously before brightening up with a cheerful expression. “I want to ride it.”

“I thought this would be something that would help against Voldemort,” said Hermione in a voice that indicated that she was trying not to lose her temper but slowly failing.

“Tell me something Hermione, did I ever once say the word, Voldemort?” asked Harry.

Hermione racked her brain for an instance of Harry ever saying that this package had anything to do with the fight against Voldemort, but Harry had only said that people would kill for this item and never once mentioned anything regarding Voldemort.

“No, I guess not,” muttered Hermione in a sad voice, mentally kicking herself for jumping to conclusions “But you said that a lot of people would kill for something like this.”

“I wouldn’t be wrong, as magical antique collectors can be very savage people if they find out about a rare item,” remarked Harry.

Hermione nodded, she had to admit that Harry had a point.

“So, exactly what minor difficulties did you encounter when you picked up my antique?” asked Harry curiously which prompted Hailey and Hermione to launch into telling the details of the trip they just took to New York.
Sign up to rate and review this story