Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book V

Chapter 22: Walking Small Part II

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter Crossover. Sequel to Books I through IV. With Voldemort returning to power, Harry encounters some of his most dangerous perils yet. Can he survive?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lily,Umbridge,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-31 - Updated: 2007-10-31 - 5317 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter 22: Walking Small Part Two

The alley cat lunged for Harry, attempting to sink its claws into Harry but Harry managed to roll out of the way. The cat gave an angry hissed as the barely centimeter tall wizard climbed up onto the cat’s back. Harry yanked at one of the whiskers of the cat and the cat attempted to launch Harry off but Harry jumped off himself.

“C’mon,” muttered Harry as the cat spun around. Harry seized the moment to grab onto the cat’s tail and slide through its legs. The cat spun around and hissed, allowing Harry to throw himself behind a rock, before pulling out his miniaturized double edge sword.

The cat sniffed around before the feline spotted Harry. Giving a mighty hiss, the cat sprang up but Harry pried the rock out of the ground with his weapon. With every bit of strength he could summon, Harry launched the rock up into the air, bopping the cat right on the bridge of the nose.

Harry leapt up, allowing himself to cling onto a dumpster, before climbing up with the edge, the cat angrily swiped at Harry. Harry sat on the edge of the dumpster, before taunting the cat.

“Here, kitty, kitty, kitty,” taunted Harry as the alley cat backed up, gaining momentum before springing up to go after Harry. Harry waited for the cat to come a few inches away from him before Harry quickly dropped down. The cat’s momentum launched it into the dumpster. The cat gave an angry hiss which only became more pained when the dumpster lid blew shut right onto the creature’s tail.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. That crisis was averted but now Harry wondered how he could find a way to use the Positronic Dematerializer and reverse the effects. He might have been imagining things, but Harry felt as if he was just a tiny bit smaller than he was after he was zapped with the device.

Harry shook his head, before getting back to the task at hand. He needed to find a way out this alley way and to safety before something else happened. Knowing Harry’s luck, something would happen, most likely for the worse, sooner rather than later.

In the city, the Turtles walked down the icy roads, in disguise, searching around for any sign of disturbance.

“Okay, let me get this straight, we’re supposed to track down Malfoy?” asked Raph in a rough voice.

“Yes, so we can stall him from getting his hands on the Positronic Dematerializer and cause any more damage,” confirmed Leo. “The thing is, I’m not sure quite where to begin, as Malfoy and his henchmen could be anywhere in the city the size of New York.”

“Well, where do criminal types normally hang out?” asked Don rhetorically before proceeding with his answer. “In run down buildings that have been abandoned for quite some time.”

“Don, there’s only about hundreds of those in this city,” said Mikey. “Especially after how many places were trashed after the Triceratons came calling.”

“We have to start looking, every minute waste is a minute closer to Harry…” started Leo before trailing off. They got the implications about what Leo was about to say and they all picked up the pace to continue their efforts. They had to stop Malfoy from getting back and swiping the device to so he can cause even more damage.

Outside of the Clearwater Scientific Corporation, Harry pushed his way through the snow rather slowly, if he wasn’t careful, he could find himself encased in a frozen coffin. If he ever found a way to get back to normal, Luther Malfoy would pay with interest for blasting him with that Positronic Dematerializer.

Harry knocked another bit of snow out of the way with his sword, which seemed to have just became slightly heavier and Harry felt a tiny bit smaller than he had. Harry had no clue where this tunnel would end but there was only one way to find out.

At the entrance where Harry was a couple of moments ago, Lily, Sirius, and Remus walked around the back entrance, to sneak in the back of the facility.

“Why don’t we just ask for this Positronic Dematerializer thing?” asked Sirius.

“Sirius, Muggles might not notice many things but they would be awfully suspicious if someone had just come up and asked for an experimental scientific device,” explained Lily. “Sneaking in and borrowing the device and then returning it before it’s missed seems to be the best course of action.”

“It seems to be the only course of action,” replied Remus. “I just wonder what kind of security the Muggles have put around the building if there were two separate successful break ins in the same day.”

“Not to mention Harry and the Turtles sneaking in through the sewers without anyone finding out,” said Sirius as he raised his wand and muttered. “Alohomora.”

The door clicked open and Sirius pushed it open. Lily and Remus followed him inside the building. They walked down the hallways for a short time.

“The lab should be this way,” muttered Lily. “Be careful, there shouldn’t be anyone where as its still rather early but keep on your toes just in case…”

“Ha!” declared a triumphant voice. Lily, Remus, and Sirius winced, as they saw a very frazzled looking janitor walking down the hallway, brandishing a mop threateningly. “No doubt another couple of hoodlums sneaking around, messing up the lab after I cleaned it up again. I’m not going to stand for it, I tell you. I suggest you punk kids clear out of here, before I call the cops on you.”

“Wait!” exclaimed Lily. “We are er undercover police officers, looking into who wants to steal the Positronic Dematerializer.”

“Show some proof!” challenged the janitor.

Sirius and Remus exchanged a nervous look. They didn’t see exactly how Lily could talk her way out of this one. Lily slowly pulled her wand from her sleeve and muttered something which caused the janitor to become disoriented.

“You just saw our proof, now let us through,” demanded Lily.

“Right-o,” declared the janitor in a hazy tone, stepping to the side to allow Lily, Sirius, and Remus.

“I can’t believe you memory charmed that Muggle,” muttered Sirius in a disbelieving voice.

“Drastic times call for drastic measures, my son’s life is at stake,” said Lily curtly before looking around. “Now where would they keep a scientific invention that can cause mass mayhem and hysteria?”

“Maybe we should attempt to summon the device,” suggested Remus.

“It’s worse a shot,” said Lily before pulling her wand out and waved it around, attempting to silently summon the Positronic Dematerializer. “Well, I don’t think its here.”

The moment those words escaped Lily’s mouth, a small disc shaped, slight bent object flew from the cracks between the floor and the wall, zooming into her hand.

“This must be it!” declared Lily triumphantly before looking over the object. “Unfortunately, it’s been damaged. Fortunately, I can repair it easily.”

Lily placed the Positronic Dematerializer down on the table and began to slowly repair it magically. Carefully working on the device, Lily figured out a way to modify it so it could reverse Harry’s present shrunken condition. A few minor adjustments and Lily held up the Positronic Dematerializer with a satisfied smirk on her face.

“There, it should work now,” declared Lily in a triumphant voice but the door creaked open, to reveal Luther Malfoy and his gang walk into the room, with laser blasters in hand.

“Exactly, and it should work for us,” declared Malfoy as his gang pointed their laser blasters. “Hand over the device or there will be no need for you to die a rather harsh death.”

“Hand it over?” asked Sirius in a disbelieving voice. “What makes you think we’ll hand it over?”

Malfoy turned to his gang with a smirk on his face.

“Nail em, boys,” ordered Malfoy which caused the group of seven henchmen to begin blasting their laser blasters. Quickly, Lily, Remus, and Sirius managed to levitate a table to shield them from the laser fire.

“We need to find a way to get out of here with the device,” muttered Lily but the table blew into pieces, causing Sirius, Remus, and Lily to fly back, causing the weapon to fly to the floor, rolling out of the reach of

“Stupefy!” yelled Sirius, springing up, knocking one of the gang members back, but a blast of laser fire caught Sirius in the chest, causing him to fly back and roll over on the floor, stunned.

“Got it boss,” yelled Mugsy triumphantly, holding up the Positronic Dematerializer much to the horror of Lily who raised her wand to attempt to summon it back but unfortunately Malfoy had other plans.

“Aim for the ceiling, boys,” chorus Luther and his henchmen hastened to obey, firing at the support beams to blast free from the ceiling, causing the room to slowly cave in. Malfoy and his gang backed out the door with their prize, with Lily, Remus, and Sirius blasting away debris with their wands.

“They’re getting away,” muttered Sirius through gritted teeth.

“Unfortunately Sirius, but we’ve got bigger problems on our hand,” said Remus.

“Reducto the floor, right about now!” yelled Lily, and in a flash, three wands blasted a large hole through the floor. Without another word, Lily, Sirius, and Remus slid down the floor, avoiding the rubble caving in their heads. Lily looked around as Sirius and Remus looked slightly cut up but alright.

“That was pleasant, nearly dying, those goons must have staked out the entrance and waited for someone else to find the Dematerializer for them,” said Sirius in an agitated voice.

“Maybe we can head them off,” suggested Remus and without a further prompt, Sirius and Lily followed Remus up the stairs to the entrance from the basement to the main floor. Remus reached forward, attempting to open the door but it seemed to be stuck. Raising his wand, Remus did an unlocking charm, causing the door to click open.

They slipped through the hallway to the main entrance but it appeared that Sirius, Remus and Lily were a bit too late. Malfoy and his gang had already gotten clean away.

“Damn,” muttered Sirius. “Wish we could have put a tracking charm on one of those goons.”

“Yes and Apparation is no good, because it’s not like you can apparate to a person,” said Remus. “Looks like we’re back to square one.”

“In other words, nowhere,” said Lily in a disgusted voice.

In the alleyway a few blocks away from Clearwater Scientific facility, one Hailey Potter slipped through the shadows. The tracking charm she had managed to slip on Malfoy’s getaway car had worked like a charm, pardon the obvious pun. Under the guise of the Black Phantom, she could easily follow Malfoy and find his hideout, before stealing the Positronic Dematerializer to reverse Harry’s condition.

In addition, Hailey was also leaving a trail that would lead to Malfoy’s hideout just on the off chance that she got in way over her head. She found the possibility to be highly unlikely but stranger things had happened and Harry had drilled the advice to be always be prepared for the worst in her head. Waving her wand behind her, Hailey continued to make a distinct and easily found path as she followed the tracking charm.

In his car on route to his abandoned warehouse hideout, the squib gangster known as Luther Malfoy felt on top of the world. He had managed to outwit two wizards and a witch, to grab the device he had been after for the last couple of days. Harry Potter looked to be out of the picture. He felt untouchable, no one could stop him.

“Boys, when we get back, we are going grab all of my cash from the hideout and then we are going to plant this little Positronic Dematerializer on top of a satellite dish on my New Jersey hideout to amplify its effects,” informed Malfoy. “Then New York, New York will be in the palm of my hands, quite literally when it’s shrunk to the size of an ant.”

“Excellent boss,” declared Boris in sycophantically, as he turned towards the hideout. “You’ll finally get the respect you justly deserve.”

“Precisely, everyone will bow down to the might of great Luther Malfoy!” exclaimed Malfoy in a confident voice, as if he felt nothing could stop him now.

At this moment, Harry Potter had breathlessly pushed his way through the end of the snow tunnel. His legs felt like jelly but he didn’t have any time to plot his next move as a car whizzed by Harry, hooking the sleeve on the edge of one of tires.

“Well it looks like I’m hitchhiking,” muttered Harry in a tired voice as the car zoomed down the New York streets at break neck speeds. Harry hung on to the edge of the tire, attempting not to get himself launched off to who knows where.

After a couple of minutes of riding, the car came to an abrupt stop which propelled Harry a few feet. Harry managed to brace himself, coming to a stop on the edge of a patch of ice.

“Hurry up, you mugs, I want to get out of here and enact my plan soon,” ordered Luther Malfoy as Harry watched Malfoy and his gang walk towards an abandoned warehouse. Luther had the Positronic Dematerializer in his hand.

Somehow, by some strange stroke of luck, Harry managed to inadvertently stumble on Malfoy’s hideout. Harry walked towards the warehouse, he had to get his hands on that device and reverse his condition. For some reason, Harry had the strange feeling that he didn’t have much time left to reverse his condition.

Harry threw all caution to the wind and sprinted into the hideout. His legs felt strained with every second but somehow, Harry managed to reach the room where Malfoy had set the Positronic Dematerializer down on the table. Looking around, Harry found a pencil that had been discarded on the floor. Harry struggled but managed to hoist up the pencil. Backing up, Harry used the pencil to catapult himself up onto the table. Barely making it, Harry pulled himself onto the table. Breathing a sigh of relief, Harry walked towards the Positronic Dematerializer, sitting still on the table.

“I don’t think so, Potter,” declared a voice and Harry found a jar being jammed over the area where he is standing. The smug tone of Luther Malfoy looked at Potter and Malfoy turned the jar over before quickly placing a lid over it. “Thought you could pull one over me, Potter.”

Harry just glared at Malfoy, not saying a word.

“See, squibs have excellent eye sight and I was able to spot your shrunken form coming a mile away,” informed Malfoy before looking at Harry. “So, I can also tell that you are smaller than you should have been when you first got zapped with this fascinating device. Which means, I’m afraid you don’t have much time left.”

Luther Malfoy waved the Positronic Dematerializer in front of Harry’s face, cockily taunting the Boy-Who-Lived.

“As much as I’d like to watch to vanish into oblivion, I have other bigger fish to fry,” drawled Malfoy. “I will shrink the entire city of New York and hold it for ransom. The magical powers that I should have had from birth will rightfully be mind.”

“You won’t get away with this Malfoy,” muttered Harry lamely.

“Oh and who’s going to stop me,” taunted Luther Malfoy before turning to his henchmen who were carrying duffel bags full of Malfoy’s ill gotten funds. “Now let’s make tracks to New Jersey.”

“Luther, the only place you’re going to be making tracks to is a one way trip to painville,” declared a confident voice. Luther spun around angrily to see the smirking form of the Black Phantom standing in the hideout entrance much to the disgust of both Malfoy and Harry.

“The Black Phantom!” yelled Luther before pointing to his henchmen. “Put the screws to her boys.”

Mugsy rushed the Black Phantom but she ducked before knocking him back with a kick. Boris swung a pipe at her, attempting to cave her skull in but the Black Phantom rolled underneath and leapt at Boris. Boris ducked but the Black Phantom landed swiftly on her feet before staggering back and elbowing Boris directly in the face, knocking him loopy and the pipe out of his hand. Two other henchmen rushed the Black Phantom firing their laser blasters but the Black Phantom dodged the attacks of the goons before knocking them backwards with a sloppy but somewhat effective split kick.

“Okay, Malfoy, enough with the games, hand over the Positronic Dematerializer,” declared the Black Phantom as she walked forward.

“I must say, you did fairly well, a little bit more competent than the last time we met but you still won’t stop me,” declared Malfoy in a stubborn voice.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” declared the Black Phantom as Boris pulled himself up, sneaking up behind the Phantom with a pipe in his hand.

“Good bye, Black Phantom,” muttered Malfoy.

“You’re not going anywhere!” screamed Hailey, feeling totally indignant at this criminal’s utter cockiness.

“No but you are,” said Malfoy smugly and with that, Boris smashed the Black Phantom right across the back of the head with the pipe, causing her to fall to the ground, with at least a mild concussion! Malfoy looked around at his henchmen who were beginning to get up. “Now, so she doesn’t bother us anymore, tie her up and toss her on that conveyor belt leading to the large buzz saw in the next room.”

“Right boss,” said Mugsy as he joined his fellow henchmen in grabbing several lengths of ropes, before wrapping the ropes around the Black Phantom, tying her up tightly so she couldn’t move her arms or legs but with the ropes hanging so they could tie their captive to something as she took her trip down the conveyor belt into the buzz saw. They bent down, carrying Black Phantom to the other room. Luther Malfoy followed looking rather smug.

“Tie her to this rotting log,” barked Malfoy, as the henchmen draped the Black Phantom onto the log already set on the conveyor belt to get sliced in two.

Hailey’s eyes began to flicker open, her head in pain as she attempted to lift her arms but found them fastened tightly to a rotting log.

“I really hope those ropes are too tight, Black Phantom,” muttered Luther smugly. “You shouldn’t have meddled in my plans tonight, now you’ll find yourself with a splitting headache momentarily. But don’t worry; your headache will only last for a few seconds before the rest of your body slices in half. This little act will cause you to go to pieces.”

Malfoy’s gang laughed as Luther pressed a button to activate the conveyor belt and the buzz saw, causing Hailey to slowly move towards her demise. Struggle as she might, the ropes were way too tight for any thirteen year old girl to muscle her way out of. If only she could get to her wand, she might have a chance but she had to jar her arm enough to throw the wand into her hand.

“Now that minor annoyance is taken care of, without further adieu, let’s make tracks to my New Jersey hideout,” ordered Malfoy but his short lived jubilation was cut short by the Turtles leaping through the windows in front of the warehouse, breaking them and landing in front of Malfoy and his gang with weapons at the ready.

“The only place you’re making tracks for is painville!” yelled Raph angrily.

“Blasted old buildings, they always seem to have a problem of some sort of delayed echo,” muttered Malfoy to himself before backing off at the sight of the weapons threatening him.

“It’s a good thing someone left a trail for us that we were able to easily follow thanks to Don’s infrared sensitive heat seeking goggles,” declared Leo. “Now we’ll be able to stall you’re plans.”

“I’m not really interested in hearing any stories other then your obituaries,” said Malfoy before turning to his henchmen. “Liquidate them boys.”

Without further prompt, Malfoys henchmen began firing their laser blasters at the Turtles. Leo sprung up, slicing the laser blaster of one of the henchmen in half before grabbing him by the arm and flinging him to the ground. Raph sprang up, knocking one of the henchmen back before springing back and jamming his Sai into throat of one of the henchmen, causing him to fall to the ground, his throat crushed.

Don sprung up using his Bo staff, knocking Mugsy and Boris back with a double split kick but another henchman knocked Don back. Mikey sprung up but Mugsy and Boris grabbing the Turtle by the ankles. Don raised his Bo Staff up and tossed it at Mugsy, smashing the goon in the face, knocking him down. Mikey spun around, twirling his nunchucks and as a result sending Boris and another henchman flying through the air with his weapon. Mikey turned around and barely avoided getting blasted by a laser blaster.

“Just how many goons does this guy have?” muttered Mikey as Leo sliced the chest of the henchmen firing at Mikey. Blood oozed out of the henchmen’s chest as he buckled to his knees, falling to the ground, slowly bleeding to his death.

“More than you can handle, turtle,” declared Malfoy as he waved another five henchmen into the room, which began to fire his laser blasters at the Turtles, who had thrown themselves to the side to avoid being hit.

In the opposite room, Hailey felt more anxious as her head was a mere eight inches from the blade. One more futile jerk and Hailey managed to slide her wand from her sleeve into her hand.

“Diffindo!” muttered Hailey, carefully cutting the ropes and not a second to soon as she slid off, the log passed through the buzz saw, slicing it cleanly in half.

Hailey rushed to the other room, despite the lump on the back of her head ready for the battle. Bending down, Hailey picked up a discarded laser blaster, blasting it towards the henchmen which only backed them off slightly.

“The Black Phantom might have avoided her little brush with death but you won’t leave here alive,” yelled Malfoy as he grabbed the jar with the miniaturized Harry inside. “Now drop your weapons before I decide to squash Potter like the insect he is.”

“Malfoy you slime!” yelled Raph angrily.

“Drop them now,” said Malfoy dangerously.

“No, don’t drop your weapons,” muttered Harry as the Turtles and the Black Phantom looked on helplessly.

“Sorry, but we have no choice,” said Don as the Turtles threw down their weapons and the Black Phantom tossed her laser blaster down. The henchmen surrounded the Turtles and the Black Phantom, with laser blasters pointed to their heads.

“Now should I destroy Potter first or order my men to blow your heads all off while our resident Boy-Who-Lived looks on,” said Malfoy in a mocking voice. “Decisions, decisions.”

Malfoy picked up the Positronic Dematerializer, before aiming it at jar that Harry’s in.

“One more blast and you’ll be out of my hair for good,” declared Malfoy as he pushed the button, enveloping the jar with Harry inside in an aura of blue light.

“NO!” yelled the Turtles and Hailey in horror as they watched the light engulf the jar.

A few seconds later, the jar shattered into fragments, revealing a Harry Potter grown back to his normal size standing in front of Luther Malfoy. And needless to say, he was quite pissed off!

“How?” asked Malfoy before Harry grabbed Luther by the throat and flung him across the room. In an instant, The Turtles knocked the henchmen who had their laser blasters on them to the side. The Black Phantom flipped one of the henchmen over before she knocked him out of the battle with a jumping kick.

Luther Malfoy picked up a laser blaster, aiming at Harry with his hand shaking but Harry angrily knocked it out of his hand, with his emerald green eyes blazing in fury.

“Now, Potter, it was all in good fun, I seriously didn’t mean anything by that whole attempting to make you disappear forever with…” started Malfoy but Harry flung him up against the wall before picking up the laser blaster and switching the trigger for the stun function to the kill function.

“Give me a reason, give me one reason, and I swear I will,” muttered Harry dangerously.

“You can’t Potter,” declared Malfoy in a shaky voice.

“I can,” declared Harry coldly but out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw a henchmen charging at him in an attempt to defend his boss. Harry spun around, leaping up and knocking out the henchmen with a vicious uppercut to the chest. A large cracking sound echoed throughout the warehouse and the henchmen fell to the ground, with a pained expression.

In the matter of seconds it took Harry to attack, Malfoy made a quick break to the exit, running towards his car as fast as his legs can carry him.

“He’s getting away Harry,” informed Mikey in a nervous voice as they heard the sound of a car barreling away from the location as quickly as possible.

“There’s no way to follow him without a tracking charm,” muttered Harry darkly as he picked up the positronic dematerializer with his hand before placing it on the ground and crushing it underneath his foot before turning to see Lily, Remus, and Sirius arrive at the front entrance of the factory, looking rather irritable.

Lily looked around before she saw that Harry was completely back to normal.

“I see my modifications worked,” said Lily coolly

“Oh, I wondered why the device turned me back to normal,” commented Harry. “I’m glad you managed to fix it before Malfoy stole it.”

“It did turn out to be a good thing that he managed to swipe it from us then,” said Remus in an astonished voice.

“Absolutely, he thought he could kill Harry by blasting him with another jolt from the device,” said Don. “Fortunately, it worked out the complete opposite.”

“Unfortunately, Malfoy seems to have gotten away again,” muttered Harry in a disgusted voice.

“At least you did manage to incapacitate his goons,” remarked Sirius attempting to put a positive spin on the entire ordeal. “I doubt he’ll be able to do much damage without his cronies to his work.”

“That reminds me Harry, what exactly did you do with the Positronic Dematerializer?” asked Lily.

“I crushed underneath my foot, completely wrecking it beyond all repair,” answered Harry with a bit of a strained smirk creeping onto his face which caused Sirius, Remus, and Lily to break out into laughter.

“I doubt whomever invented that device will be too pleased with you now, Harry,” declared Remus.

“Frankly, Remus, I don’t care if some mad scientist is angry with me, as they shouldn’t have invented such a dangerous device in the first place,” said Harry before turning to the Turtles, Sirius, Remus, and his mother. “Now, help me immobilize these goons so they can be wrapped up nice and tight for the police.”

Lily, Remus, Sirius, Don, Leo, Raph, and Mikey all nodded before proceeding to assist Harry in that moment. Harry looked around at that moment. It just dawned on him that not only did Luther Malfoy manage to escape, but the Black Phantom slipped out on the fight as well before Harry had a chance to confront her. Perhaps she wasn’t as inept as Harry had previously thought but that didn’t excuse her for recklessly putting herself in danger. Harry made it one of his minor goals to find out the identity of the mysterious Black Phantom.

Later that night, at the Potter Residence, Lily was in the middle of filling her son and daughter both in on her plans to attempt to become interim Minister of Magic. Sirius and Remus quietly listened in, having known of Lily’s plans all too well.

“Mum, I just want to say one thing,” said Harry slowly. “This idea is one of the most insane, foolish schemes that I’ve ever heard in my life but because of the Ministry’s current state, it just might be insane enough to work.”

“That’s exactly what I thought when I thought of it but now I’m not as sure as I once was about my chances of winning,” said Lily tentatively.

“You seemed all gung ho about it when you thought of it earlier and now you’re having second thoughts,” said Sirius in an incredulous voice. “Do you really want to lie down and let Lucius Malfoy win?”

“Wait a minute, Lucius Malfoy is running for Minister of Magic,” said Harry in an alarmed voice. “You kind of left that little detail out of your story, Mum”

Harry pulled himself to his feet, pacing around, looking frantic.

“It’s happening faster than I could have thought,” muttered Harry, as he paced back and forth. “Especially if Malfoy gets in, I’m hoping I’m wrong but this does not look good, not at all.”

“I think what Harry is saying that Malfoy can’t become interim Minister or the process of Voldemort conquering Magical Britain will happen in less time,” said Hailey. “At least that’s what I’m getting from Harry’s mutterings.”

“Yes, I know,” said Lily grimly. “I might not win but perhaps I can manage to put a sizeable dent in how many people on the Wizengamont vote Malfoy in to perhaps get someone else in that temporary Minister seat. It’s a long shot but it’s the only shot we got to keep Malfoy out of the Minister spot.”

Harry nodded in agreement. His mother didn’t seem to actually want to become interim Minister of Magic, she seemed to be only running to keep to try and keep the position out of Malfoy’s ill gotten hands.

The good news was that Harry had gotten his loyalty contracts for the Voldemort resistance group one hundred percent complete. He had put in fail safes preventing people who signed them from stooging off his plans to Voldemort, Dumbledore, or the Ministry, not to mention anyone who followed the ideals of those three undesirable elements. After a good night’s sleep, Harry would begin contacting all the people who had expressed interest in joining his resistance against Voldemort. If he was lucky, Harry would be holding the first meeting by this weekend and then he could be somewhat prepared for when Voldemort decided to let the rest of the world know that he was back.

The only other thing that plagued Harry was the cryptic message he received twenty four hours ago. He didn’t know who sent it and he couldn’t figure out what the message completely meant. Harry believed it was crucial to find out soon, as it detailed the location of one of Voldemort’s Horcruxes and thus would bring him one step closer to being rid of Voldemort for good.
Sign up to rate and review this story