Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

To The End

by crystalcrash 38 reviews

FRERARD ONESHOT. Gerard makes a tape. Tragically romantic love story. Read, comment rate, and I'll love you for it. xD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-12-21 - 5844 words - Complete

5Moving
(/click/) (sound of someone clearing their throat)(few seconds of silence)

I consider myself to be a very fortunate person.



That's not something everyone can say, which is actually pretty sad. How much more beautiful the world would be if everyone were as fortunate as I am.



This is all thanks to one person, one very special person, that came into my life and changed it forever. That persons name is Frank... Frank Iero. For a long time, he was the last person on earth Ithought I would ever love. It's funny how life turns out... (heavy cough)



It's all pretty ironic if you think about it for two reasons, the main reason being that we actually hated each other during our youth. We were always fighting and bickering over everything and nothing at all; any little detail was enough to get us into a huge right-wrong discussion. What I saw as black, he saw as white; what I thought was nice, he thought was horrible. Looking back at us now, it's actually funny. Who would have thought? Who would have thought that the frustration that I felt daily towards him was actually the frustration of not having him for myself?



The second reason is pretty crazy too; never in my life had I ever been with another man. I had dated many girls and had even been proposed to one of them. It's so wild to think how drastically my life changed because of that one person. I never doubted my being straight until the day my mouth crashed against his...



I remember that day perfectly, and consider it one of the best of my entire life, although it hadn't started out so well. Iwas pissed because we were arguing, as usual. He was my brother Mikey's roommate. On that day, Mikey had sent me to pick up some book he needed while he was in class. When I arrived, Frank was there, when he should've been in class. I asked him what the hell he was doing there, not happy to see him, to which he responded, "I could ask you the same. What's it to you, anyways?"



(cough cough)



I rolled my eyes and went to the living room to find Mikey's book and leave the apartment as soon as possible. He followed, standing in the doorway, watching me as I searched through a pile of books sanding dangerously next to a white guitar that was leaning against the wall. "Watch out; touch my baby and I'll have to show you the real meaning of pain," he warned me, just as I hit it slightly with a book, by accident, sending it crashing to the floor.



Before I could react, Frank was next to me, quickly picking up his guitar and yelling everyone curse word he could think of. Happy to see him pissed, I told him coolly, "Chill out, it's fine. It was an accident anyways. If you would take better care of your things and not leave them lying around, these kinds of things wouldn't happen." I spotted Mikey's book finally, swept it up and walked towards the door, not wanting to give him a chance to answer.



He was faster than I thought. Before Iarrived at the door, he was in front of it, blocking the only way out. "No way man, you scratched it. Now you have to pay for it," he informed me.



I stared at him with my mouth open and let out a laugh. "Fuck off; I'm not paying for your carelessness." I tried to get past him, but couldn't, which is weird if you consider how short he is.(chuckle) (cough)



I dropped the book I was holding on a chair and walked back over to the guitar, picking it up. "Fine, if you won't let me out and I have to pay for this anyways, I think I'll just... finish destroying it." I grinned at him evilly as he opened his mouth in shock and terror at the very thought of me doing anything to his precious guitar.



"Oh, no you won't!" He ran over to me and tried to grab the guitar from me. I raised it above my head with one hand, laughing as he started to jump up and down in his effort to save the guitar from doom.



Seeing as jumping didn't help, he let out ayell in frustration and pushed me backwards with amazing force. I lost my balance and fell onto the sofa there.



(cough) Before I could get back up, he practically jumped on me while I continued to keep the guitar just out of his reach.



In our struggle, we twisted and turned, and after a few minutes he ended up on top of me. We were both panting heavily from our little battle, his face directly above my own. We studied each others faces for a few seconds, and an unexpected thought hit me: Wow. What beautiful eyes...



I was both shocked and horrified because of that thought, but continued to stare into those eyes and memorize his face. Iwas amazed that I had never realized how gorgeous he was...



Without being able to help myself, Idropped the guitar, placing my hands on either sides of his face, and raised my head slightly, crashing my mouth against his in what would be the most amazing kiss of my life. As we kissed for those few seconds, I felt a tidal wave of emotion release itself inside me; it was something I had been wanting to do for a long time and hadn't even known it.



When reality hit me, I let go of him horrified with myself, letting my head drop against the sofa. I looked into his face, searching for any clue to what he thought about what I had just done. The surprising thing, though, is that I wanted to kiss him again. And for him to kiss me. Again and again...



I expected Frank to hit me, curse at me, jump off me and run from the room, call the police... anything expect what he did.



He stared at me for about 2 whole seconds, with a look of shock on his beautiful face, before lowering his head and pressing his mouth against mine. He raised his head again and looked into my eyes, waiting for my reaction. I smiled at him, while brushing away his bangs from his face. He smiled back in response, while I leaned up to kiss him, desire rushing through me. He kissed me with enough passion to light up New York City.



We rolled around on the sofa for what seemed like ages, kissing and touching each other in places we knew would make the other moan and beg for more...



(cough cough)



At one point, he got up, grinned at me and pulling his shirt off playfully as he slowly backed towards the door; he was heading to his room and wanted me to follow. He beckoned for me with one finger, and it was all I needed. I jumped up from the sofa, and he, seeing this, turned and ran to his room, diving and landing on his bed. I ran after him and crawled on top of him just as he turned himself upwards.



I'll never forget the look on his face as Ilaid on top of him, brushing his hair away from his face; he looked up at me, his eyes bright with happiness and desire at the same time, as he grinned, leaning up slightly to place a single kiss on my nose. I smiled back at him, unable to help myself, and started placing gentle kisses along his jaw line and neck, making him lean back and moan. And then... well, I'll let you imagine the rest, which will be easy for anyone considering the perverse society we live in nowadays... (chuckle)



We spent the night together, filling it with sounds of passion and love making. The next morning, when I woke up, Ilooked over to my left and saw Frank peacefully asleep, with his backside up and his face towards me. I smiled as I realized he had an arm around me. In that moment I knew that everything was perfect, it was all the way it had to be.



In that moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Frank.



(cough cough cough) Please excuse my coughing, but I'm pretty sick these days...



(a few seconds of silence)



You might ask me why I'm taping this, why acrazy old fool would think that anyone else would care about his life.



The answer is this: this is a message to anyone that finds this tape. A message to let everyone know that love exists; true love is as real as I am, and this story is living proof. Don't worry if you haven't found it yet, because it will find /you/. When you least expect it, love will pop up behind you and bite you in the ass, so to speak.



When you do find love, I must ask you not to shut the door in its face. Your heart will be broken more than once, yes, but that's never a reason to not give a new love a chance. Always give love a chance...



I must also ask another thing; (cough) when you find love with that special someone, do not shut that person out of your life when they become old and weary. If you truly love someone, you would never leave their side, even in the worse of all sicknesses...



Here I am, in a residence, sitting next to the bed of the love of my life, who is asleep. Yes, the story I have told you is from more than 50 years ago, and yet here we are: still together and holding on.



...even though Frankie can't remember me anymore...



Yes, you heard right... Frank has been suffering from Alzheimer's for four years now. I come and visit him every day and receive a different welcome every day. Most days he doesn't remember me but likes my company just the same. Other days he thinks he remembers me but doesn't know from what, which ends with two reactions: he cries, realizing he can't remember anything, or he becomes scared and angry, recognizing my face but not knowing from what, and screams at me; sometimes he even throws things at me, forcing me to leave. I prefer those days to the days where he cries... there's nothing worse than to see the person you love most in the world weep uncontrollably and not be able to do anything to make it better...



Other times, on rare occasions, (cough cough) he remembers me. He remembers everything about our fantastic life together, about the son we adopted, and how that son got married to a beautiful girl and had children of his own. On those days, I would walk into his room and he would greet me happily, ask me how I was and what I had been doing or how our son and grandchildren were. Those days were the days I lived for.



(groggy voice) Hey... what're you doing here? Who are you, anyways?



I'm Gerard, Frank. Remember me? (cough)



No, I don't know no fucking Gerard... you'd better get out of here before I call the nurse... hey, you seem familiar somehow...



Yeah, that's because we... you haven't seen me in awhile. I decided to come and see how you were doing.



Oh... oh okay. Well, you can stay a bit, if you want. I don't get many visits, these days. Seems I've got no loved ones left to care about me... heh heh...



Oh, I'm not so sure about that...



(silence)(gasp)(silence)/ Gerard/... I haven't seen you in ages... why don't you come visit me anymore?



Frank! You remember?! I come visit you every day, babe, every single day. You have this illness, you see, you...



I forget things...



Yes... yes! (cough into handkerchief)



Are you sick, Gee?



It's nothing, Frankie, really, I'm just not feeling myself these days... (looks at the blood he coughed into the handkerchief, hiding it from Frank)



I haven't been feeling all that great today either... I'm kinda weak... know what I mean?



Yeah, Frankie, I know exactly what you mean.



Gee... come sit on my bed with me... I hate being alone...



You're never alone Frank, remember that. I'll always be here with you. (gets up and lays in bed with Frank)



Remember that day...? I asked you something... I asked if you w-



"Would you carry me to the end?" Yes, Iremember it perfectly, babe.



(hold hands and snuggle together) I'm glad you remember... and your answer... your answer was -



(coughs blood into handkerchief) "To the end... I'll go on to the end with you. We'll be together forever and always."



(weak laugh) Yes... that's it. I... I love you, Gee...



(A tear escapes Gerard's eye) I love you too, Frank. More than anything else in the world...



(Lovers lay in bed, holding hands with their heads leaning towards each other, slight smiles on their faces as darkness closes over them)














"Emily! Emily!" Calls a young nurse to another.



Emily cautiously picks up a tape recorder from the floor, under the patients bed as a medical team is checking the life signs of the two men lying on it.



Emily had found them both unconscious just minutes ago.



The nurse that had called Emily before, Samantha, came running in. "What's going on around here?" she asked Emily, seeing the medical team and the apparently dead men.



Emily shrugged, staring at the tape recorder. "I found them like that when I came in to check on Mr. Iero a few minutes ago and called the medical team..."



After a minute or two, one of the men on the medical team walked over to the two girls and said, "They're dead... both of them. From the look of things, it was a natural death, although the unidentified man was coughing up blood; probably had lung cancer. Seems like they died at the same time," he added, scratching his head with an odd look on his face.



The team left the room to get body bags to take the deceased men away.



Emily and Samantha stood with their mouths open.



"At the same time?" Emily asked, shocked, to an equally shocked Samantha.



They walked over to the feet of the bed and looked at the two men.



It was hard for Emily to recognize him at first, under the circumstances, but she slowly whispered, "That man... I know him; Mr. Way. Well, not personally, but he comes here every day. To see Mr. Iero. Every single day, rain or shine. He's his only visitor..."



"What's that you've got in your hand?"Samantha asked, pointing at the tape recorder.



Emily had forgotten she had it. "I found it under the bed, just now."



She pressed the play button.



Several rustling sounds were followed by cough and then a soft voice: I consider myself to be a very fortunate person. That's not something everyone can say...



The girls listened to the entire tape, both on the verge of tears as the tape ended.



...I love you too, Frank. More than anything else in the world... then there was a loud bang as the tape recorder fell from his dead hand and hit the floor, shutting itself off.



Tears spilled from Emily's eyes as she tightly gripped the tape recorder and stared at the couple on the bed.



"They were lovers..." Samantha stated with arough voice, fighting tears of her own. She put an arm around Emily's shoulders, as they both stood at the feet of the bed.



Even in death the couple looked happy. They were snuggled together, still holding hands with their foreheads touching. They had small frozen smiles on their faces and their eyes were closed.



It looked like they were sleeping peacefully and would wake up any minute...



Emily thought it was beautiful.



Wiping away tears, she said, "It's amazing... Mr. Iero had Alzheimer's and never remembered anything or anyone. A few times when Mr. Way had came, he'd have to leave running because Mr. Iero would throw things at him and everything... he was afraid...afraid of all the things he didn't remember... but Mr. Way always came back... every day at the same time, he'd come and just sit in his room, whether Mr. Iero was awake or not. I always thought it was incredible how much he cared about him... but I never thought they were /lovers/... it's beautiful..."



"I hope, when I'm old, someone still loves me as much as that man loved Mr. Iero..." Samantha said, tears flowing down her face.



Emily glanced up at her, surprised. Samantha had said out loud what Emily had been thinking.



"I... I feel the same way. He was so lucky... they really did stay together 'till the end..." Emily, smiling weakly through tears.



The two girls hugged each other, and then turned back to the two men on the bed, tears still spilling from their eyes.



The men were dead, but was there a more romantic way to die, than in the arms of the person you love most in the world?



The girls were sad, of course, to see such a scene, but they were also happy to have been able to witness such a beautiful and yet tragic love story.

















(/click/) (sound of someone clearing their throat)(few seconds of silence)

I consider myself to be a very fortunate person.



That's not something everyone can say, which is actually pretty sad. How much more beautiful the world would be if everyone were as fortunate as I am.



This is all thanks to one person, one very special person, thatcame into my life and changed it forever. That persons name is Frank... Frank Iero. For a long time, he was the last person on earth Ithought I would ever love. It's funny how life turns out... (heavycough)



It's all pretty ironic if you think about it for two reasons, the main reason being that we actually hated each other during our youth. We were always fighting and bickering over everything and nothing at all; any little detail was enough to get us into a huge right-wrong discussion. What I saw as black, he saw as white; what I thought was nice, he thought was horrible. Looking back at us now, it's actually funny. Who would have thought? Who would have thought that the frustration that I felt daily towards him was actually the frustration of not having him for myself?



The second reason is pretty crazy too; never in my life had I ever been with another man. I had dated many girls and had even been proposed to one of them. It's so wild to think how drastically my life changed because of that one person. I never doubted my being straight until the day my mouth crashed against his...



I remember that day perfectly, and consider it one of the best of my entire life, although it hadn't started out so well. I was pissed because we were arguing, as usual. He was my brother Mikey's roommate. On that day, Mikey had sent me to pick up some book he needed while he was in class. When Iarrived, Frank was there, when he should've been in class. I asked him what the hell he was doing there, not happy to see him, to which he responded, "I could ask you the same. What's it to you, anyways?"



(cough cough)



I rolled my eyes and went to the living room to find Mikey's book and leave the apartment as soon as possible. He followed, standing in the doorway, watching me as I searched through a pile of books sanding dangerously next to a white guitar that was leaning against the wall. "Watch out; touch my baby and I'll have to show you the real meaning of pain," he warned me, just as I hit it slightly with a book, by accident, sending it crashing to the floor.



Before Icould react, Frank was next to me, quickly picking up his guitar and yelling everyone curse word he could think of. Happy to see him pissed, I told him coolly, "Chill out, it's fine. It was an accident anyways. If you would take better care of your things and not leave them lying around, these kinds of things wouldn't happen." I spotted Mikey's book finally, swept it up and walked towards the door, not wanting to give him achance to answer.



He was faster than I thought. Before I arrived at the door, he was in front of it, blocking the only way out. "No way man, you scratched it. Now you have to pay for it," he informed me.



I stared at him with my mouth open and let out a laugh. "Fuck off; I'm not paying for your carelessness." I tried to get past him, but couldn't, which is weird if you consider how short he is. (chuckle) (cough)



I dropped the book I was holding on a chair and walked back over to the guitar, picking it up. "Fine, if you won't let me out and I have to pay for this anyways, I think I'll just... finish destroying it." I grinned at him evilly as he opened his mouth in shock and terror at the very thought of me doing anything to his precious guitar.



"Oh, no you won't!" He ran over to me and tried to grab the guitar from me. I raised it above my head with one hand, laughing as he started to jump up and down in his effort to save the guitar from doom.



Seeing as jumping didn't help, he let out a yell in frustration and pushed me backwards with amazing force. I lost my balance and fell onto the sofa there.



(cough) Before I could get back up, he practically jumped on me while I continued to keep the guitar just out of his reach.



In our struggle, we twisted and turned, and after a few minutes he ended up on top of me. We were both panting heavily from our little battle, his face directly above my own. We studied each others faces for a few seconds, and an unexpected thought hit me: Wow. What beautiful eyes...



I was both shocked and horrified because of that thought, but continued to stare into those eyes and memorize his face. I was amazed that I had never realized how gorgeous he was...



Without being able to help myself, I dropped the guitar, placing my hands on either sides of his face, and raised my head slightly,crashing my mouth against his in what would be the most amazing kiss of my life. As we kissed for those few seconds, I felt a tidal wave of emotion release itself inside me; it was something I had been wantingto do for a long time and hadn't even known it.



When reality hit me, I let go of him horrified with myself, letting my head drop against the sofa. I looked into his face, searching for any clue to what he thought about what I had just done. The surprising thing, though, is that Iwanted to kiss him again. And for him to kiss me. Again and again...



I expected Frank to hit me, curse at me, jump off me and run from the room, call the police... anything expect what he did.



He stared at me for about 2 whole seconds, with a look of shock on his beautiful face, before lowering his head and pressing his mouth against mine. He raised his head again and looked into my eyes, waiting for my reaction. I smiled at him, while brushing away his bangs from his face. He smiled back in response, while I leaned up to kiss him, desire rushing through me. He kissed me with enough passion to light up New York City.



We rolled around on the sofa for what seemed like ages, kissing and touching each other in places we knew would make the other moan and beg for more...



(cough cough)



At one point, he got up, grinned at me and pulling his shirt off playfully as he slowly backed towards the door; he was heading to his room and wanted me to follow. He beckoned for me with one finger, and it was all I needed. I jumped up from the sofa, and he, seeing this, turned and ran to his room, diving and landing on his bed. I ran after him and crawled on top of him just as he turned himself upwards.



I'll never forget the look on his face as I laid on top of him, brushing his hair away from his face; he looked up at me, his eyes bright with happiness and desire at the same time, as he grinned, leaning up slightly to place a single kiss on my nose. I smiled back at him, unable to help myself, and started placing gentle kisses along his jaw line and neck, making him lean back and moan. And then... well, I'll let you imagine the rest, which will be easy for anyone considering the perverse society we live in nowadays... (chuckle)



We spent the night together, filling it with sounds of passion and love making. The next morning, when I woke up, I looked over to my left and saw Frank peacefully asleep, with his backside up and his face towards me. I smiled as I realized he had an arm around me. In that moment I knew that everything was perfect, it was all the way it had to be.



In that moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Frank.



(cough cough cough)Please excuse my coughing, but I'm pretty sick these days...



(a few seconds of silence)



You might ask me why I'm taping this, why a crazy old fool would think that anyone else would care about his life.



The answer is this: this is a message to anyone that finds this tape. A message to let everyone know that love exists; true love is as real as I am, and this story is living proof. Don't worry if you haven't found it yet, because it will find /you/. When you least expect it, love will pop up behind you and bite you in the ass, so to speak.



When you /do/find love, I must ask you not to shut the door in its face. Your heart will be broken more than once, yes, but that's never a reason to not give a new love achance. Always give love a chance...



I must also ask another thing; (cough) when you find love with that special someone, do not shut that person out of your life when they become old and weary. If you truly love someone, you would never leave their side, even in the worse of all sicknesses...



Here I am, in a residence, sitting next to the bed of the love of my life, who is asleep. Yes, the story I have told you is from more than 50 years ago, and yet here we are: still together and holding on.



...even though Frankie can't remember me anymore...



Yes, you heard right... Frank has been suffering from Alzheimer's for four years now. Icome and visit him every day and receive a different welcome every day. Most days he doesn't remember me but likes my company just the same. Other days he thinks he remembers me but doesn't know from what, which ends with two reactions: he cries, realizing he can't remember anything, or he becomes scared and angry, recognizing my face but not knowing from what, and screams at me; sometimes he even throws things at me, forcing me to leave. I prefer those days to the days where he cries... there's nothing worse than to see the person you love most in the world weep uncontrollably and not be able to do anything to make it better...



Other times, on rare occasions, (cough cough)he remembers me.He remembers everything about our fantastic life together, about the son we adopted, and how that son got married to a beautiful girl and had children of his own. On those days, I would walk into his room and he would greet me happily, ask me how I was and what I had been doing or how our son and grandchildren were. Those days were the days I lived for.



(groggy voice) Hey... what're you doing here? Who are you, anyways?



I'm Gerard, Frank. Remember me? (cough)



No, Idon't know no fucking Gerard... you'd better get out of here before I call the nurse... hey, you seem familiar somehow...



Yeah, that's because we... you haven't seen me in awhile. I decided to come and see how you were doing.



Oh... oh okay. Well, you can stay a bit, if you want. I don't get many visits, these days. Seems I've got no loved ones left to care about me... hehheh...



Oh, I'm not so sure about that...



(silence)(gasp)(silence)Gerard... I haven't seen you in ages... why don't you come visit me anymore?



Frank! You remember?! I come visit you every day, babe, every single day. You have this illness, you see, you...



I forget things...



Yes... yes! (cough into handkerchief)



Are you sick, Gee?



It's nothing, Frankie, really, I'm just not feeling myself these days... (looks at the blood he coughed into the handkerchief, hiding it from Frank)



I haven't been feeling all that great today either... I'm kindaweak... know what I mean?



Yeah, Frankie, I know exactly what you mean.



Gee... come sit on my bed with me... I hate being alone...



You're never alone Frank, remember that. I'll always be here with you. (gets up and lays in bed with Frank)



Remember that day...? I asked you something... I asked if you w-



"Would you carry me to the end?" Yes, I remember it perfectly, babe.



(hold hands and snuggle together) I'm glad you remember... and your answer... your answer was -



(coughs blood into handkerchief) "To the end... I'll go on to the end with you. We'll be together forever and always."



(weak laugh) Yes... that's it. I... I love you, Gee...



(A tear escapes Gerard's eye) I love you too, Frank. More than anything else in the world...



(Lovers lay in bed, holding hands with their heads leaning towards each other, slight smiles on their faces as darkness closes over them)







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





"Emily!Emily!" Calls a young nurse to another.



Emily cautiously picks up a tape recorder from the floor, under the patients bed as amedical team is checking the life signs of the two men lying on it.



Emily had found them both unconscious just minutes ago.



The nurse that had called Emily before, Samantha, came running in. "What's going on around here?" she asked Emily, seeing the medical team and the apparently dead men.



Emily shrugged, staring at the tape recorder. "I found them like that when I came in to check on Mr. Iero a few minutes ago and called the medical team..."



After aminute or two, one of the men on the medical team walked over to the two girls and said, "They're dead... both of them. From the look of things, it was anatural death, although the unidentified man was coughing up blood; probably had lung cancer. Seems like they died at the same time," he added, scratching his head with an odd look on his face.



The team left the room to get body bags to take the deceased men away.



Emily and Samantha stood with their mouths open.



"At the same time?" Emily asked, shocked, to an equally shocked Samantha.



They walked over to the feet of the bed and looked at the two men.



It was hard for Emily to recognize him at first, under the circumstances, but she slowly whispered, "That man... I know him; Mr. Way. Well, not personally, but he comes here every day. To see Mr. Iero. Every single day, rain or shine. He's his only visitor..."



"What's that you've got in your hand?" Samantha asked, pointing at the tape recorder.



Emily had forgotten she had it. "I found it under the bed, just now."



She pressed the play button.



Several rustling sounds were followed by cough and then a soft voice: I consider myself to be a very fortunate person. That's not something everyone can say...



The girls listened to the entire tape, both on the verge of tears as the tape ended.



...I love you too, Frank. More than anything else in the world... then there was a loud bang as the tape recorder fell from his dead hand and hit the floor, shutting itself off.



Tears spilled from Emily's eyes as she tightly gripped the tape recorder and stared at the couple on the bed.



"They were lovers..." Samantha stated with a rough voice, fighting tears of her own. She put an arm around Emily's shoulders, as they both stood at the feet of the bed.



Even in death the couple looked happy. They were snuggled together, still holding hands with their foreheads touching. They had small frozen smiles on their faces and their eyes were closed.



It looked like they were sleeping peacefully and would wake up any minute...



Emily thought it was beautiful.



Wiping away tears, she said, "It's amazing... Mr. Iero had Alzheimer's and never remembered anything or anyone. A few times when Mr. Way had came, he'd have to leave running because Mr. Ierowould throw things at him and everything... he was afraid...afraid of all the things he didn't remember... but Mr. Way always came back... every day at the same time, he'd come and just sit in his room, whether Mr. Ierowas awake or not. I always thought it was incredible how much he cared about him... but I never thought they were /lovers/... it's beautiful..."



"I hope, when I'm old, someone still loves me as much as that man loved Mr. Iero..." Samantha said, tears flowing down her face.



Emily glanced up at her, surprised. Samantha had said out loud what Emily had been thinking.



"I... I feel the same way. He was so lucky... they really did stay together 'till the end..." Emily, smiling weakly through tears.



The two girls hugged each other, and then turned back to the two men on the bed, tears still spilling from their eyes.



The men were dead, but was there a more romantic way to die, than in the arms of the person you love most in the world?



The girls were sad, of course, to see such a scene, but they were also happy to have been able to witness such a beautiful and yet tragic love story.











Sign up to rate and review this story