Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Responsibility For Your Consequences

by checkered_stars 3 reviews

Rachel's punishment

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-11-11 - Updated: 2007-11-12 - 1715 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, before you go on, and actually READ the next chapter, can I just say a few words?

I'd like to say a quick thank you to everyone that is reading and reviewing this story, it seriously means a lot to me. It lets me know even though I don't appreciate my work, there ARE people out there that do.

AND, a EXTRA special THANK YOU to clutsy_93 and TheMasteroftheWicket.

clutsy_93 - You have reviewed EVERY SINGLE chapter since the day you discovered this story, and I am very grateful. Thank you :)

TheMasteroftheWicket - Last chapter, you reviewed saying this: "This is one of my favorite stories on ficwad and your one of my favorite authors, i'm a new member so i never got to tell u this before so i thought it was might as well time, in the summary of my new story i gave you recognition u rock!!"
You seriously DO NOT know what that means to me, really. It's a truly overwhelming feeling. Thank you also :)

I again, thank you every single one of you that read and review my work, it helps me feel that much better about myself :)
OKAY! Now that's all done, back to the story... Read and review. You know the drill...
xoxo
(lol. That TOTALLY sounded like an acceptance speech!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 39-

As I sat outside of the principal’s office at recess, I saw Gerard and Scarlet approach me.

I sighed and turned my head away from them.

I knew where this was going.

“Hey.” Gerard said quietly, sitting next to me.

“Has the principal come to talk to you yet?” Scarlet asked awkwardly.

“No.” I answered softly.

“Do you know what your punishments going be?” Scarlet asked, trying to avoid the subject on why I was actually here.

“I’ll probably get a suspension.” I shrugged.

“Interschool?” Scarlet said questioned softly.

“Probably. Either that or outer school.” I corrected.

I stayed with my head down, not really wanting to look at my best friends at this moment.

I felt a hand being softly placed of my shoulder.

I turned around gently and Gerard smiled weakly at me.

“You okay?” Gerard said softly.

I turned away quickly.

“I know you don’t want to be asked that right about now, but we need to know, because if you’re not, we need to know.” Gerard added.

“She left him. She finally had the guts to leave him.” I whispered.

“That’s a good thing.” Scarlet assured.

“Good and bad.” I mumbled.

“How?” Scarlet and Gerard asked together.

“Good because… Well, I can’t really say to get away from Dad, because no matter what, he’ll always be around. But bad because… He’s kinda threatening us now. He’s not taking it too well.” I explained.

“You should tell the cops about what he’s been doing to you.” Scarlet suggested.

I shook my head.

“Why not?” Scarlet asked.

“Even though my Dad has become a horrible monster, it doesn’t change the fact of what he is. My father. And although he has put this family through hell, I still love him deep down inside.” I whispered.

Gerard sighed and sat down next to me, wrapping me in his arms.

I heard Scarlet walk closer and I felt her arms tightly embrace me as she knelt in front of me.

I heard a throat clear and Gerard and Scarlet’s arms flew off of me.

“I would like to see you now Rachel.” The principal said sternly.

I took a deep breath in a stood.

I walked slowly towards the hallway where her office is.

As I walked in front of her, I heard the principal stop momentarily and speak to Gerard and Scarlet: “ You can wait for her if you like, she’ll need all the support she can get. It’s a hard time for her, I should know.”

I was shocked. Did she really mean those words? Or was it just a lie to try and get students to see her as a ‘cool’ principal?

Either way, I was going to find out.

I sat down quickly on a cushioned chair opposite the principal’s. The only thing separating us was her fake wooden desk.

I glanced around as she took a seat across from me. This place was all too familiar to me.

By now you should know I wasn’t the ideal student.

“Now, Ms Coburn has filled me in on what happened, but I want to hear your side of the story. I just want to know what happened in the classroom. Nothing else.” Ms Lewis, our principal said quietly.

“She probably threw crap in just to make me look bad.” I said in an icy tone.

“I just want to know your side of the story, no lies, just the truth.” Ms Lewis said kindly.

I took a deep breath in and began to speak.

“I was late for school, I didn’t check in at the office, I just went to my locker, got my stuff, and went to class. I got there and Ms Coburn just started asking questions. She asked me why I was so late, and I just said that I had just gotten to school. Which was the truth. She kept hounding at me, asking why I was late to school, and why I turned up late to class. I didn’t want to tell her, because quite frankly, it’s none of her business and the whole class was staring at me. Yet, even though she knew I didn’t want to talk about it, she kept on going, and going, and going. So, I snapped.” I explained.

“What do you mean snapped?” The principal asked with a serious look on her face that matched her serious tone.

“I told her that I wasn’t telling her anything and that she had no fucking right to know.” I answered.

“So you swore at her?” Ms Lewis asked, the principal role kicking in.

“Yeah.” I said simply.

“Then what happened?” Ms Lewis asked, leaning back in her leather chair.

“She told me to come here, so I picked up my books and went to walk out the door, I was just about to open it when she went at me again. She said that she’ll be seeing me at recess for the real reason I was late. And I just went off.” I finished.

“What did you say?” The principal asked simply.

“I just screamed the real reason I was late and stormed out, slamming the door behind me… And, the rest is history.” I shrugged.

“And what was the real reason?” Ms Lewis asked.

Geez, what the fuck is it with them and their fucking questions?

I looked down at the floor.

“You don’t have to go into details, I just want to know a simple answer to why you were late.” Ms Lewis assured.

She was being surprisingly nice today, what a shock.

“My parents split up.” I said quietly, still looking down.

“Are you okay?” Ms Lewis asked kindly.

“I’ll be fine.” I muttered.

“Would you like to see a counselor about it?” She suggested.

“Pfft. No!” I snickered.

Counselors are over rated. They don’t do any real help, they just get paid to sit there all day and ask “And how do you feel about that?” It’s fucking annoying.

“Okay, but just make sure you have someone to talk to.” Ms Lewis smiled.

I sighed and looked away, not really wanting to be here.

“Now, about your punishment…” Ms Lewis trailed off.

I watched her fiddle with something on her desk before continuing on.

“You did break more than one school rules this morning. You mistreated a teacher and used inappropriate language towards her. You were late to school and did not get a pass for administration. You disrupted a class in their working time, and technically, you did disobey a teachers orders.” Ms Lewis pointed out.

“What, the teachers rule us now or something? We have to follow their orders?” I spat.

“That’s not what I’m saying and you know it.” Ms Lewis said simply.

“I’ll go easy on you this time, but next time, I’m not so sure… I don’t even want a next time.” The principal said.

“I want you to write an apology letter to Ms Coburn, explaining your actions and apologizing for them. You will have an interschool suspension starting tomorrow and finishing at the end of Thursday.” Ms Lewis informed me.

“Is that all?” I asked.

I actually expected a lot more.

“I’ll pass this onto Ms Coburn and she’ll also punish you.” Ms Lewis nodded.

“What?! If that happens I won’t be allowed to have a lunch time for the next month!” I said loudly.

“Then that’s your fault then Rachel. You’re nearly an adult now, you need to take responsibility for your actions.” Ms Lewis said in a bored tone.

“Why do I have to apologize for? It’s not like I’ll mean it. And I did nothing wrong. She can’t just go around and pressure people into telling her things she has no right to know.” I said.

“Yes, well, she’ll be talked to about that. Believe me.” Ms Lewis said, a hint of anger in her voice.

I took another deep breath in, just wanting to get away.

“You can go now. I’ll expect you in my office tomorrow morning after roll call, your suspension will start then, and you can write your letter then. For now, you will do your classes as per usual… I don’t want this happening again.” The principal said in a stern tone.

I stood up and made my way towards the door.

I turned the handle and stepped out, closing it softly behind me.

I walked down, only to be greeted by my pack of friends at the end of the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, another quick note. If any of you want me to read and review any of your stories, I'm more that happy to. And if any of you have some good recommendations on other stories on Ficwad, please share :)
Sign up to rate and review this story