Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 12: Baby Boom

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Baby Boom

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-11-12 - Updated: 2007-11-12 - 3963 words - Complete

4Original
Clanluna

Chapter 12: Baby Boom

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling

Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel

Luna’s Clan List

Deceased members:

Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka
Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza
---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla
---Ebra (41) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother
---------Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)
Dorv
Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun

Living Members

Creb (37) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem)
---Luna (21) – Leader, 1st Weech (Spirit Deer totem)
-------Zeen – (2) ½ Clan son of Luna (Ursus Totem)
---------Ansalong (10) - Owl
---------Winter Sleeper (1) – Cave Bear

Zar (21) ½ Clan man, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte (Cave Bear Totem)
---Ayla (15) – Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Durc (4) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (2) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter (Horse Totem)
---------Ekwus (1) – Centaur

Vorn (14) – 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (9) – Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate, childless

Goov (21) – mog-ur, 9th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (19) – Goov’s mate, childless (Beaver totem)

Groog (26) – 1/8 Clan man, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (22) - of the Others (Spirit of the Others Totem)

Crug (23) – 4th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (21) – Crug’s mate
------Igra (7) – Ika’s daughter
---Oga (18) – Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
------Grev (5) – Oga’s second son

Brog (20) – ½ Clan, 5th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (19) – ½ Clan, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Eva (8) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (5) – ½ Clan son of Ena

Brun (34) – former leader, 6th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Brac (9) – Oga’s first son, 12th Ranked hunter (bison totem)
------Aba (36) (ground squirrel totem)

Vorv (18) – ½ Clan, 7th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (16) – ½ Clan mate of Vorv
------Broov (5) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (4) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others)

Grod (30) – son of the mate of Zoug, 8th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (26) – Ebra’s sister

Droog (32) – toolmaker, Aga’s second mate, 10th Ranked male hunter
---Aga (25) – Droog’s second mate
------Groob (7) – Aga’s son born to Droog’s hearth

Borg (10) – 11th Ranked male hunter, (Boar totem)
---Ona (10) – (Owl totem)

By dawn the next morning, Ayla and Iga were frantically caring for the horde of laboring mothers at the hearth.

“Iga, come over here! Uba’s baby is coming!” signed Ayla, frantically.

“This woman can’t! Oga’s baby is coming too!” replied Iga.

“Mine too!” signed Ona.

“And This woman’s!” signed Ovra.

Chapter 12: Baby Boom

Over the past year, Creb, Brun and Grod had been meeting informally in Brun’s hearth as an ad hoc committee to advise their new Leader and slow down the rate of change she brought to the Clan. Grod usually was against changes of any kind. Creb wanted to have faith in his mate. And Brun had a more balanced view of things. Together the three of them would hash things out and Creb would then advise Luna not to change things quite so fast. And although she was willing to think of the Clan’s mental health and resistance to change, that didn’t stop her from making changes at her own hearth.

Now that the men were gathered at Creb’s hearth awaiting the birth, they were surrounded by the strange things she had transfigured into existence: Iron pots, steel utensils, bedding that was as soft as a modern mattress, legless chairs so the men could lean back.

Another hearth that had changed a lot was Groog’s. Iga was a woman of the Others and she did things differently. Although she wasn’t an expert wood carver, she did tend to decorate the things she made. And she dressed differently than women of the Clan. Members of the Clan wore skins wrapped around their bodies. Often these skins had thongs tied over them to hold them into place. Men wore a single skin wrapped and tied around their hips. Women’s wraps tended to extend a bit higher, sometimes covering a breast. Women’s wraps had folds and thongs wrapped around them and these folds were often used as pockets. Nursing mothers would often secure their wraps loosely over both breasts so they could put their baby under their wrap to nurse, leaving their hands free, so they could work. In the winter, members of the Clan wrapped multiple skins around their arms and legs with thongs hold them in place and put their feet in drawstring bags on those rare occasions that they ventured out into the snow.

Iga didn’t dress this way at all. From the beginning, she had worn a tunic that was long enough to be a mini-dress. As soon as she had the skins, she made her self a pair of leggings, some leather boots and a parka for winter. She then made a set for her mate, Groog.

Luna, who could transfigure skins into clothes whenever she wanted, had long ago decided that Ice Age clothing was more durable and practical for this climate than cloth garments. But she instantly saw the values of Iga’s outfits and worn one like it for a day, until Creb talked her out of it, because as Leader, she needed to set a reassuring example for the Clan.

But the rest of the members of the Clan who were at least part-Others, promised themselves that next year they would make outfits like Iga’s and Groog for next winter. It was easily apparent to them how much more practical the Others’ clothing was in the winter.

Still, the sight of Groog in his tunic, leggings and boots trying to help Zar cook for the men with metal cook-wear was disconcerting to the men of the Clan. There was much about Luna’s cooking methods they didn’t understand, however, and the two men heated rocks in the fire to drop into the soup like their mates did, rather than putting the iron pot over the fire as Luna would have.

Now that it was getting Warmer, Ekwus spent a lot of his time outdoors, at night, gazing at the stars. He only ventured to Creb’s hearth to share meals with the men. This suited the Clan men just fine, as they found the presence of the centaur disturbing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

“Ayla, go help the others,” signed Uba.

“But this woman can’t leave you to give birth by yourself!” retorted Ayla to her sister.

“This Woman is a Medicine Woman,” replied Uba. “This woman is certain that with Aba’s help, she will be fine. Now go help one of the others!”

Ayla went to Ona to help her with her birth. Uka was helping Ovra, while Aga helped Ovra.

“What is it?” asked Oga, after her baby came out.

“my mother’s baby is coming!” waved Igra frantically.

After cleaning up Oga’s baby and giving it to her to nurse, Iga rushed to help Ika.

Uba was the next to deliver, but after doing so, she was too tired to help any of the other women. Despite this, she held Ovra’s hand to comfort her.

By the time Ona delivered, Uva’s baby was coming. She had had a difficult pregnancy.

Finally, it was all over. Exausted, Ayla turned to Luna to report. Luna maneuvered so that Ayla would be facing her hearth when she made her report. That way, the men would see her report.

“This Medicine Woman is proud to report that Ika and Ona have given birth to sons. This Medicine woman is grieved to report that Uba, Ovra, Oga and Uva have all given birth to daughters.”

“Are they healthy?” asked Luna.

“They are all healthy, but Uva’s baby is deformed,” reported Ayla.

“This Leader has already examined them,” stated Luna. “If they live until the naming day, they will be able to stay with the Clan.”

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Several days later, Iga, who was still heavily pregnant, waddled over to Creb’s hearth. As soon as she came before Luna, she knelt and bowed until her head touched the ground.

“Iga, get up! What’s wrong with you?” protested Luna.

Iga sat up on her heels and signed to Luna. “You claim that you are just a woman, but this woman knows better. She knows that you are, in fact the Earth Goddess. This woman would like to serve you, Great Mother.”

“What do you mean?” asked Luna.

“This woman has not told much about her life before she was Clan,” began Iga. “At first, this woman was unable to communicate with the Clan. Then, after she began to learn the Clan’s ways, she was afraid to tell who and what she was. You see, amongst the Others, (it’s unfortunate that I can’t pronounce our name for you) we call ourselves the Children of the Earth Mother. Instead of the totems, we revere the Goddess of the Earth. Instead of a mog-ur, we had the ones-who-serve-the-Mother, who are usually female, but sometimes male. This woman was trained to become One-who-serves-the-Mother. This woman was planning to red-foot the summer after you found her before taking her final vows in the autumn.

This woman would like to be the one-who-serves-the-Mother for this Clan. As part of that, I would change my name to the name of the Clan. This woman proposes that Luna’s Clan be called Clanluna and that this woman’s name be changed from Iga to Clanluna.”

Luna looked intently at this woman of the Others. When she evaluated her request, she tried to imagine how Creb would take it.

“This Leader doesn’t want you to impinge on the Clan traditions of the mog-ur,” replied Luna. “But she also doesn’t want to forbid you from worshiping in the manner of your choosing. Is this One-who-serves-the-Mother different enough from a mog-ur to prevent that?”

“There are some ways in which all ones-who-serves-the-Mother are all alike, it’s part of our training. But each has their area of expertise that make each one unique,” replied Iga.

“And what is your area of expertise?” asked Luna.

“Mushrooms and Pleasures,” replied Iga, with a blush.

“Pleasures?” inquired Luna.

“Yes,” affirmed Iga. “Amongst the Others, women don’t just relieve men’s needs. Men and Women relieve each other’s needs. We call this: Sharing the gift of Pleasures. It’s not something that comes naturally, we train young people how to Share Pleasures. As part of that, we have the women called the red-feet who train young men how to please women, and the Rite of 1st Pleasures where a girl is made into a woman.”

“Very well, you may be come our One-who-serves-the-Mother,” agreed Luna. “You may not impinge on the spiritual activities that Goov already performs as mog-ur, but you may add new ceremonies to the fabric of Clan life.”

“Thank you! Earth Mother!” signed Iga as she kissed Luna’s feet.

“Stop! Stop!” protested Luna.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

“By Mut! Why did I have the misfortune to be born to the hearth of a flint-knapper!” complained Ranec as he shifted his pack.

“We need this flint to make tools for the Summer Gathering,” replied Wymez, as he trudged ahead of his mate’s son in the snow. “Besides, I don’t hear you complaining when I make you fine carving tools.”

“In the mean time, I get stuck carrying a pack full of rocks,” groused Ranec.

“Hang on, what’s that?” said Wymez, as he pointed at the South horizon.

There was something flying towards them, faster than any bird could. There was a sonic boom as it passes twenty feet over their heads.

“WHAT WAS THAT?” asked Ranec.

“It looked like a woman riding on a spear,” guessed Wymez. “It must have been a spirit! We’ll have to be sure and tell Mammut about it when we get back to Lion Camp.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Since he had matured at a horse’s rate, Luna determined that Ekwus was ready for his manhood hunt. (or the centaur equivalent) Zar had decided that this would be a good time to test the other new hunters with the throwing spears. The quality of their throwing spears had improved immensely ever since Iga had shown them her new method of flint knapping. Droog had admired the potential of the technique, but it conflicted with his Clan memories and in the end, he had decided to go back to the old way. Goob, who was younger and thus more flexible in mind-set had learned the new method. He was determined to be the Master Toolmaker of his generation. And the part-Clan members of the Clan had all used Iga’s method of spear making. So today, Zar, Groog, Brog, Vorv and Ekwus would be using throwing spears for the hunt.

With the speed that four legs gave him, Ekwus made a perfect scout. Soon he returned the men and reported on the herd of wooly rhinos he’d found. Ekwus led the men to the herd and they spread out approach it. Creb had come along and he took a spot on a hill overlooking the herd so he could watch the centaur’s first hunt. As he watched Zar lead the men, they encircled the herd in a wide arc. The appearance of the centaur confused the animals, allowing Ekwus to trot right up to one.

At Zar’s signal, he readied his spear and cast. It was a lucky cast between the ribs and the rhino fell over dead before it could charge. When they saw Ekwus’ prey go down, the others threw their spears at the far side of the herd. Zar and Vorv each wounded a Rhino. The rest of the herd changed towards where the rest of the men of the Clan were waiting. When the rest had gone by, Crug charged, screaming at the slowest one. It turned and charged for him until Vorn distracted it. Then it went for Vorn. The men of the Clan took turns taunting the rhino until it was exhausted. Then, Borg moved in for the kill and dispatched the beast.

The rest of the herd had scattered. Each fleeing in a different direction, observed Creb. He then, realized that one of them was charging towards him. His heart was racing as he pulled out his wand, pointed it at the charging rhino and silently cast a full body bind.

Instantly, the charging rhino’s momentum came to an abrupt halt! The animal when rigid and fell backwards onto it’s back! Creb hobbled forward. He could see that the rhino’s eyes were still roiling in fear as he cut its’ throat and let it bleed out. He was a Hunter at last!

Creb then, hobbled back to the owl cage. Although, he was completely unable to learn how to write, Luna had figured out a way for him to send messages with the owl. Creb looked back and saw that the men had downed a total of 3 rhinos already. Zar and Vorn were discussing whether or no to go after the two wounded ones.

Taking three of the prey thongs, Creb tied them to Ansalong’s leg. He didn’t use the special cord that would have indicated that someone was hurt and Uba should come. Like most of the Clan, Creb couldn’t pronounce the owl’s name. Most of them called her Luna’s owl. Ansalong flew back to her cave as Luna had previously instructed her to if Creb tied those particular cords to her leg.

Soon, a group of the women came to field dress the meat. By then the men had helped themselves to the liver and Creb had levitated the carcasses all together so the men could more easily defend them from predators.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shortly after the Men left the cave for Ekwus’ man-hood hunt, Luna gathered Ayla, Iga and Ena together.

“Now you be a good girl and do what Oga says,” signed Ayla, to her daughter.

“NO!” shouted Iza, defiantly.

“Are you certain, that you’re up to this?” Luna asked Iga. “Your baby is almost ready to come.”

“This woman wouldn’t miss this for anything!” signed Iga.

Luna had decided that she wanted to make Iga and Ena’s womanhood hunt, a mammoth hunt. So the day before, she had worn a robe over her wrap (because of the various charms that would keep her warm during flight) and flown far to the north as fast as she could. Near the Great Glacier Wall, she found a herd of mammoths going south for the spring. Once she had located them, Luna apparated back to the cave.

Today, the four women, armed with their longbows and a quiver full of arrows each, gathered out of sight of the cave. She had explained the portkey, but didn’t think any of them had understood.

“Portus!” intoned Luna as she activated the leather cord that each of the women were holding. “One! Two! Three! . . .”

When the spinning stopped, the four women were standing on the tundra. The4 mammoths were nowhere in sight.

Luna pulled her crystal ball out of a fold of her wrap and enlarged it. She sat on the ground and gazed into it, searching for some clues as to where the herd had gone. Finally, she came out of her trance and pointed to the South.

“The herd went that way,” proclaimed Luna.

Ayla was not at all surprised.

Luna shrunk and put her away her crystal ball before pulling out and enlarging her broom.

“Get on,” Luna commanded Ayla as she straddled the broom and floated so that with her legs bent, they were an inch off the ground.

This was the part of the plan that Ayla had the most doubt about. After a moment’s hesitation, she climbed on behind Luna and wrapped her arms around her friend’s waist.

Know that Ayla was afraid, Luna gently accelerated to a fast clip as they flew away in search of the mammoths. When Ayla spotted them, Luna flew a few circles, high above the herd.

“You’re the better hunter, than me,” shouted Luna, in English. “What do you think we should do?”

Once Ayla outlined her plan, Luna set her down and flew off to fetch the other two women.

“This is our Plan,” began Ayla. “Luna is going to frighten the herd towards this gulley. This cliff is not high enough to stop them, but it will slow them down. When they climb it, we will each kill one with our bows.”

The three women spread out along the top of the small cliff, while Luna took to the air and flew around behind the herd. With a wave of her wand, Luna cast a Levicorpus charm that lifted the rear mammoth be it’s rear leg and dangled it in the air. The mammoth bellowed in panic as it hung in the air!

The rest of the herd fled in panic towards the cliff. As Ayla had predicted, they pausted for a second, before stepping up onto the small cliff to continue their flight.

This was the opportunity the women needed to shoot arrows into their prey. Ayla killed one with the first shot. Iga missed once before killing hers. Ena wounded her’s twice before she was able to get in a fatal shot.

Before they knew it, the herd had passed, leaving three mammoths dead at on the edge of the cliff.

“Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!” squealed Ena, with triumph, with her bow held high, when she realized what she’d accomplished.

Iga was exhaling is what would have been a squeal of delight if she had still vocal cords. Ayla some joined them. Luna gentle lowered the panicked mammoth to the ground and let it flee. Three would be enough for today.

“Look!” signed Iga, as she pointed to the carcasses. “They are all pregnant!”

She knew the unborn mammoth hides would be very soft, perfect for baby clothes.

As they field dressed the mammoths, Luna gave each of the women a piece of liver. She then, shrunk them so they could port-key back to their origin point. After port-keying back, Luna, enlarged two of the mammoths and she and Ayla levitated them as they followed Iga and Ena back to the cave.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

When Ansalong, returned to the cave, none of the women would go near the owl. To the women of the Clan, there was something unnatural about an owl living with them. Finally, Eva went over to the owls. Cage and untied the three thongs from around the owl’s leg. She held them up so the other women could see.

“The men have killed many (three) animals!” proclaimed the girl, as she said out loud the English word for, three.

Uba, being the highest ranked woman at the cave, sent five women and herself to help the men with their kill. Soon they were back with Ekwus and Creb proudly leading the procession.

Shortly after, the women arrived with their mammoths. After the cave over came their shock, Luna pulled out and enlarged the third mammoth.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Butchering and starting the process of drying the meat took the rest of the day, all nightand most of the next day. Ayla, led the women for a swim, and to get cleaned up, before the night’s ritual.

As the sun set, Goov was observing the position of the sun, while Creb and Zar helped. The Clan had been here a year.

Luna found the centaur also looking at the setting sun.

“This Centaur thinks he had found the last of those ‘planets’ you told him about,” signed Ekwus. “That bright star near the sun may be Mercury. When Twilight deepens, this centaur can show you Mars and Saturn.Venus and Jupiter are visible in the morning. This centaur is still trying to organize the stars in the ecliptic into constellations.”

“It is unfortunate that this Weech didn’t have her astrology book with her when she came here,” observed Luna. “But, as I told you, the stars have changed position so much that my constellation would be unrecognizable to you.

It’s time for the ceremony. Are you certain that you want to stay at Zar’s hearth?”

“This centaur is not yet old enough to have needs,” replied Ekwus. “Besides, this centaur sleeps in the other cave with Winter Sleeper anyway.”

In that night’s ceremony, the babies were named, Ekus, Creb, Iga and Ena were made hunters, Then, Brun was mated to Aba. But Luna had asked him to pause before leading his mate away.

For the ceremony, Luna had worn a robe and her eagle hat, with Ansalong perched on top. Ayla had her lion hat. Iga was wearing only a Clan wrap around her hips, leaving her breast and bulging belly bare. The soles of her feet, she had painted with red ochre.

“A year ago, the mog-ur proclaimed that Iga’s totem was the Spirit of the Others,” began Luna. “Now she has revealed to me that she is to the Spirit of the Others as the mog-ur is to the totems. She calls this Spirit of the Others, the Great Earth Mother. (Luna neglected to mention that Iga believed that Luna was the Earth Goddess and that she had forbidden Iga to tell this to others) I now formally recognize Iga as our first Clanluna, the one-who-serves-the-Mother. She is not replacing the mog-ur in any way, but rather she will be adding to the spirituality of the Clan.”

Once she’d had the announcement. Luna nodded at Brun. He tapped his new mate on the shoulder and led her away.
Sign up to rate and review this story