Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

My Heart's Always With You Now

by disenchanted_romance 2 reviews

0

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating:  - Genres: 0 - Published: 2007-11-14 - Updated: 2007-11-14 - 1454 words

0Unrated
___FLASHBACK___
“Gee-Gee!” I shouted, giggling. “Stop!” He laughed, and continued tickling me, until I could breathe.

“Say uncle!” He said.

“Never!” I gasped. He kept at it then, all the while, laughing.

“AH!” I groaned. “Gee-Gee!” I whined again. “UNCLE!” He stopped right then.

“Promise we’ll be friends forever,” I whispered.

“Friends forever and longer,” He promised.

____END OF FLASHBACK___

That was then. This is now. And now, Gerard is god knows where, doing god knows what. He left two years ago. That was when we were four and six. We remained friends until I turned twenty, and he turned twenty-two. He took off, and I haven’t seen him since.

This isn’t to say I don’t miss him. I do. Every single day of my life, I miss him so fucking much, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I’m still living at my parents house, trying to make it in some famous band, and Gerard’s off doing god knows what. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to forgive him for that.

His brother, Mikey, is still my best friend, and he’s my age. After Gee left, I needed someone to hang out with, someone to spill my secrets, phobias, truths, and other things to. Mikey was the perfect person, because, in a way, he’s almost exactly like Gerard, and, in a way, he’s completely different, which sort of makes me forget about him.

I can’t tell you how many countless times I’ve tried to forget about Gerard, doing everything possible. One time I even resorted to banging my head hard against the wall, in hopes that I’d become comatose, and wake up, forgetting completely about any of them, and never speak to them again. Mikey walked in. He grabbed my arm and told me to stop acting like a total idiot and move on. I wasn’t even in love with the guy, he was just my best friend. Right?

Wrong. About the in love thing. Okay, so I’m not sure if I can really call it love. Love takes two people, for it to be real. Until then, it’s just a figment of your imagination, in my opinion. So, I guess we’ll say my imagination was wishing for us to be together, since we were 16 and 18. My imagination has had many visual wishes. All of wish end up with me taking a cold shower.

Thus, my dreams never came true, and Gerard took off, with no notice, no letter, nothing. Sometimes I wonder if someone just kidnapped him. I didn’t think Gerard was capable of being so mean. He’d always been there for me, and Mikey, when things went wrong. I miss him now, maybe more then ever.

I wish it was true, what he’d said about friends forever. I have the same dream, every night. It’s a flashback, more or less, of when we were four and six, and he promised me he’d never leave. I wish that had been true. I wish he was here right now, comforting me in my bed.

Morning

“Frank dear, your phone was ringing,” My mom shook me gently. She handed it to me, before walking back out. It was flipped open, so I assumed she’d answered it.

“Mm, Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Frankie,” Someone whispered.

“Yeah?” I asked, more awake now. This person sounded like they were maybe in trouble.

“I need your help, please. You have to help me,” He whimpered.

“Who is this?” I demanded angrily. “Is someone playing some stupid fucking joke on me?”

“No! God no! Frankie, please,” He said, all the while, whispering. There was something about his voice, even whispering, that sounded familiar. I sighed.

“Where are you?” I asked. I know what you’re thinking. You don’t ask somebody you don’t even know where they are, so you can pick them up, but let me tell you something about me. I don’t care. I don’t care whether I live or die, as long as it’s quick and painless. Yeah, even though I’m 23 years old, and could have an entire great life ahead of me, I don’t care.

“Mall. Payphone on the third floor. Please, hurry up,” They continued, whispered. Then they hung up. Oh my god, I could be about to get kidnapped here, and I’m still doing this. I’m such a retard.

“Okay…” I took a deep breath, grabbed a pair of black sweats and a black Misfits name shirt off my floor, before grabbing my Chucks and car keys, and starting out of the house.

“No breakfast dear?” My mom asked.

“Sorry mum, I gotta go, but I’ll be back soon. Save me some?” I asked, stealing a piece of bacon.

“Sure,” She smiled.


My parents and I got along great. They didn’t care if I was gay, straight, bi, or blue. So long as I kept in contact with them, was alive, and well fed, and talked to them if I was in trouble. We were a close family. Personally, I liked it like that.

My cell phone rang again, as I was pulling out of the drive, and lighting a cigarette. I groaned, and stuck the cigarette precariously between my lips, before grabbing my phone, and flipping it open. “Lo?” I asked, as I finally got onto the road, taking a right towards the mall.

“HIGH!” Mikey shouted.

“What’d you have for breakfast? Beer?”

“Nooo, wanna go to the mall?” He asked. I choked.

“uh…did you just call me?”

“No, why would I have? I’m calling you now!”

“Argh! Never mind. Just…yeah, meet me there in an hour.”

“Sure!” He said happily, and hung up.


Fifteen minutes later, I pulled into the mall parking lot, shut the car off, grabbed my cell phone and my cigarettes and lighter(Hey, that could come in handy) and walked in. People stared, obviously at my appearance. I guess a guy in sweats with tattoos all over isn’t welcome. Jesus. I reached the third floor, and searched for the payphone. I finally found it, someone standing there, eyes darting nervously. From far away, he looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t make out who it was. He turned away, before seeing me, so I walked up, and touched him lightly on the should.

He jumped a mile, before turning around, looking ready to scream. He had short, but stringy, greasy black hair, and hazel eyes that captured anybody’s attention from miles away. Pale skin, a somewhat eerie, yet beautiful appearance. I knew who it was. “Gee,” I said lowly. He sighed.

“Hi,” He finally said.

“Why, of all people, all the people you know! Did you call me?” I asked, shaking with anger.

“You don’t understand. I’m in trouble. I need help. You have to help me Frankie.”

“You have to tell me the whole story.”

“Over coffee maybe? I’ve got a couple bucks,” He offered. I shook my head.

“I’ll pay, let’s just go to Starbucks.” I said. He nodded, almost gratefully, and followed me to the nearest Starbucks. I wasn’t sure why I was letting him even talk to him. But those feelings that my imagination always got around him were stirring up again, and I didn’t like that.

“So what happened?” I asked him, taking a sip of my plain coffee, while he took a sip of his, sighing.

“Frankie, you know I was screwed up, with drugs and alcohol?”

“Yeah.”

“And things just…they weren’t going well. I was low on money, and you know, Mom and Dad had quit loaning me any when they figured out it just went to booze and drugs, so I needed the money.” I narrowed my eyes at him, taking a sip of coffee, and nodding for him to continue.

He cleared his throat, swallowing, before continuing. “Well, I got involved in some things, things I probably shouldn’t have.”

“Gerard!” I sighed, getting exasperated. “Get to the point.”

“I didn’t want to drag you into this,” He muttered. “But I need help. I need help badly.”

“What is it?” I asked him, now a little worried. “What’s wrong Gerard?”

“It wasn’t meant to get this bad. This scary.”

“You aren’t helping me any here Gerard. If you want me to help, you have to tell me what’s going on,” I said, trying to calm down.

“They’re after me,” He whispered.

“Who?” I asked slowly.

“The mafia.”
Sign up to rate and review this story