Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Heart Is Crushed By A Former Love

My Heart Is Crushed By A Former Love

by deadXsilence 0 reviews

Past romances never quite leave you alone.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: David Desrosiers - Published: 2007-11-16 - Updated: 2007-11-17 - 1319 words

0Unrated
I sighed as I slipped into my crystal white wedding dress and looked in the mirror. My normally straight, blonde hair had been curled and put in a low ponytail. My piercing blue eyes were outlined lightly in black eyeliner. I should be the happiest woman in the world! I look the best that I could ever look, and I'm about to marry one of the greatest guys ever. Why am I so sad?

One of my best friends and my maid of honor, Jamie, walked into the room, "What are you doing? You have to get ready!" She bustled over to the church bathroom counter, but she stopped as she noticed me playing with my engagement ring nervously, "Kathryn, what's wrong, hon'? Please don't tell me you're not having second thoughts about all this."

"No, I- I'm not. I just- I don't know, Jai... Matt makes me happy and all, but-"

"But what? Katty, Matt is the greatest guy for you. He treats you right, he likes you a lot... No, wait! Scratch that. He LOVES you!"

"I know, and I love him too, but don't you think 26 is an early age to get married?"

At that moment, my dad stuck his head through the door, "Princess, it's time," he smiled, "You look amazing, Kathryn," I could see tears forming in his eyes.

I smiled in response. I sighed, took one last glance in the mirror, linked arms with my father, and began the slow walk towards the sanctuary, Jaime and her boyfriend Pierre, and the bridesmaids walking in front of us.

We reached the large, oak doors. Pierre looked back at me and smiled, "Are you ready to become Mrs. Kathryn Gallagher?" I nodded and Pierre opened the door. All of the flower girls, bridesmaids and best men walked down the aisle in front of us. The bridesmaids were all wearing red dresses, and the best men were wearing black button-up shirts with a red tie.

First, there was my little cousin, Anne, the flower girl. It was so cute, watching her six year-old body, skipping down the aisle, throwing flower petals on her way. She was wearing a blue, silk dress, and she looked great in it. Her platinum blonde hair was done up in a cute little bun.

Next were Matt's sister, Jessica, and her boyfriend, Mike. Jess never approved of me marrying her brother, but she learned to deal with it. As they walked down the aisle, I literally saw every male eye staring at her. I didn't really blame them; she looked gorgeous. Mike was glaring at every guy looked at his girlfriend.

After them, were two more of my cousins, Bella, and Adam. Bella's dark brown hair was done up in a cute little ponytail. Our family were always really close, and Bella and Adam were a really good example. Whenever one was in trouble, the other would be right beside them the whole time.

Then Jamie and Pierre. They had been going out for such a long time. Since about grade 9, actually. They were so cute together. And they were inseparable. Whenever Pierre went on tour with his band, Simple Plan, they would be on the phone almost all the time. I could almost sense an engagement coming up soon.

Finally, it was my dad and I. As I walked down the aisle, I could see, out of the corner of my eye, everyone's jaw drop. Matt's dropped the farthest, though. It was quite funny.

Once we got to the altar, my dad dropped my arm, and rested my hand in Matt's, "Take care of her," he whispered to Matt, before taking his seat beside my mom.

The priest began speaking, although I wasn't exactly listening. I was looking around the room, trying to find someone. Someone who I really wanted to be there. I had a past with him, but we were still friends. If he wasn't here, I don't know what I'd do.

I was brought back to reality by Matt gently squeezing my hand. I looked up at him, seeing as he was a good four inches taller than me, and I looked at the priest, realizing I was supposed to say something, "Uh... I'm sorry, what did you say?" I felt my cheeks burn as everyone laughed, including Matt and the priest.

The priest, who I remembered my mother telling me his name was Pete, repeated what he had said, "Do you, Kathryn Midnight Boomer, take Matthew Jarret Gallagher, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have, and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death, do you part?"

"I-" I stopped mid-sentence, and looked again around the room, and I found who I was looking for, sitting next to Sebastien, his longish, black hair covering his face. David Desrosiers. He must've sensed me looking at him, for he looked up at me, hurt and pain clearly sticking out of his face. I looked from Matt, his face anxious, to David. I had a battle in my head, as to what I should do. Should I say 'I do' and waste my life with someone who I don't want to, or stop all of this? I felt every eye on me, awaiting my answer. I finally made my decision.

I looked back to Matt, eyes full of sorrow, "I'm so sorry, Matt," I whispered, before picking up the bottom of my dress, so I wouldn't trip, and I ran. I ran from the church. I ran from the life everyone wanted me to live. Thankfully, nobody chased after me.

I stepped out of the church and ran towards where I always go: the park. Man, that park had so many memories, they could fill up a whole book. This is where I first met my best friends, had my first kiss... everything. I sat down on a swing, and stared down at my hands. My heart was beating about a million times faster than normal, and it was very slowly slowing down to normal rate.

Ironically, it started to rain. Well, more like POURED. I was drenched within seconds. I let out an aggravated scream as I realized I was in all white. It was like God wanted to punish me for what I had just done.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I turned and saw a blurry version of David, "Come on! You're going to get a cold!" he told me, before grabbing my wrist and pulling me in the direction of his house, which was coincidentally across from the park.

Once we got inside, David immediately gave me a change of clothes, which consisted of a pair of boxers, and a baggy Role Model sweater. David changed as well, of course. He changed into something similar.

When we were done changing, we both sat down on the couch in his living room. We sat in silence for about five minutes, before David spoke, "Why did you run?"

I, of course, had expected that question to come up. I just didn't know what to say. Do I tell him I ran because of him? Because I love him? "Um, it's uh, a long story."

He smiled at me. Oh, how I love that smile, "Well, shorten it for me."

Without thinking, I blurted it out, "I still love you," I clapped a hand to my mouth.

David stared at me. It was really starting to creep me out. Before I knew it, I felt his lips come on top of mine. We kissed for what felt like ten minutes, but was really only ten seconds. Man, it's been so long since I've kissed him. He parted away from me, "I love you too, Kathryn," he whispered, before kissing me again...
Sign up to rate and review this story