Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 24: I Guess I'm My Own Better Half

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Read and Review please

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-24 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 2693 words - Complete

0Unrated
Destiny and Patrick were in the waiting room at the Women's Health at the Hospital. "I still can't believe I'm pregnant. With everything going on I guess I just never thought about being pregnant." Destiny said. "You must of gotten pregnant right after losing the baby." "Yeah. It was probably that night we had our date." "That was some date." Destiny blushed. Destiny was called back to one of the rooms. "Hello, I'm Annie, Dr Roberts nurse." "Nice to meet you." "I'm going to take a medical history first and get your vitals. Then Dr. Roberts will come in." Annie got Destiny's medical history. "Alright, everything looks good. Your blood pressure is good. The Doctor will be in here in a few minutes." "Thank you."

"Are you alright?" Patrick asked. "Yeah, why?" "You just look a little down." "I'm just worried. I know that the baby died because of Becca, but I'm so scared." Patrick took Destiny's hand and kissed it. "Everything is going to be alright." He smiled at her. The doctor came into the room. "Hello Destiny." "Hi, this is my boyfriend, Patrick." Doctor Roberts shook Patrick's hand. "I seen in your chart that you lost a baby three months ago." "Yes, I was pushed down the stairs." "Alright. Have you had a period since then?" "No I haven't." "Okay. I think we should do an ultrasound and see if we can get a date." They went into the other room and started the ultrasound.

Patrick held Destiny's hand. "Is that the baby?" "Yeah, still tiny." The doctor was taking measurements. "Oh." "What? Is something wrong?" Destiny asked. "Not at all. Looks like you are going to have twins." "What?" "Twins. Here's baby a and baby b is right here." Dr. Roberts pointed to the screen. "Are they doing alright?" Patrick asked. "Yes, very good." I'm going to do some measurement and take a few pictures for you to take." Destiny looked at Patrick. He had his eyes glued to the ultra sound monitor. "Alright. All done. Here are a few pictures. You are three months along. Everything is looking good. I would like to see you in a month. If you have any questions, you can call here and talk to my nurse. Do you have any questions?" "No." "Alright. See you in a month."

The doctor left and Destiny grabbed her purse and jacket. "So, what do you think?" She asked Patrick. "I'm excited, but scared to death. How are we really going to do this? I don't want Andrew to feel left out, but three newborns, he's going to." "We'll just have to give him a little more attention. By the time the twins are born, the other baby should be on a schedule. I'm sure Tina won't mind to help." "Destiny, she's going to have her own baby. This is just nuts." "Will you calm down. It's not the end of the world. If we need to we can hire help and I know your mom will help." "We're going to need a bigger house." "I guess so. Three bedrooms isn't going to make it." "We'll have to start soon." "Patrick, come here." Patrick walked to Destiny.
"What do you want?" Destiny put her hands on Patrick's face and kissed him. "Thank you." "For what?" "For the babies and having super sperm." "Very funny."

Patrick smiled. "Well, let's go. Do you want some breakfast?" "Yeah, that sounds good." Destiny took Patrick's hand and they left the clinic. Patrick drove to Denny's. They were seated and order some pancakes. "Patty, is everything alright?" He looked up. "I'm just nervous. I want everything to go well. I'm going to be leaving for tour in 9 months. The babies are going to be 3 months old and 6 months old. What are you going to do? Plus, Andrew." "Patrick, you can't worry about this." Destiny took his hands. "If I need help, I'll call your mom, Tina, and I know there are parents of twin groups. We can go to them before the babies are born." "Alright. I'm still scared out of my mind." Destiny took one of Patrick's hand and kissed it.

Their food came. "Dest, do you want to go out tonight? Pete and Tina can watch Andrew." "Sure. We haven't had a night to ourselves in awhile." "Alright. Wear something special." Patrick said. "Oh, where are we going?" "It will be a surprise. I want tonight to be perfect." "Alright. Any clues?" "No, just you eat." Patrick smiled at Destiny.

Patrick and Destiny picked up Andrew and went home. Patrick called Pete and made plans for Andrew. "Honey, I'm going to lay down. I'm still a little dizzy." "Alright. I'm going to drop off Andrew in a little bit." "I'll say goodbye to him. I love you." "I love you, too." Patrick kissed her. Destiny walked to Andrew's room. "Andrew, mommy is going to lay down. I want to say goodbye to you." "Are you alright?" "Yes, I'm fine. Just a little tired. You are going to have fun and Pete and Tina's." "I know." "We'll see you tomorrow. I love you." Destiny hugged and kissed Andrew. Then she went to her bedroom and went to bed.

Patrick put his guitar down and went to get Andrew. "Daddy, are we going to uncle Pete's now?" "Yeah, do you have everything?" "Yeah, it's all in my suitcase." "Alright. Let's go." Patrick and Andrew walked to the car and drove to Pete and Tina's. "You are going to be a good boy, right?" Patrick asked Andrew unbuckling him from the car seat. "Of course." Patrick knocked on the door. "Hi Patrick, come in. Pete is upstairs. Hi Andrew. How are you doing?" "Good." "We have some fun things to do tonight. Do you want Pizza and watch Nightmare Before Christmas?" "Oh yeah." "Come on. We got some new toys." Tina and Andrew went into the living room. Pete came down the stairs.

"Hey, Patrick." "Hi, I'm going to ask her tonight." "Really? She'll be blown away." "I'm hoping. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" "Yeah, you were meant to be married and have a family. Unlike some of us." "What the hell do you mean?" "I don't know. I just really don't think I'm father material and I'm really not husband material." "Once the baby is born, you'll feel different." "I hope so. I really feel shitty. I want the baby, there is no doubt in my mind about that. But I don't know if I can be a father." "Pete, don't beat yourself up about this. Why don't you take Andrew for a few hours here and there. Maybe that will help you. I know he's not exactly a baby, but you'll get use to a child that way." "Maybe. Thanks. I'll think about it. Go and have a great time with the future Mrs. Patrick Stump." "I plan on it."

Destiny was tossing and turning in her sleep. "Patrick, help me." She kept saying over and over. Destiny woke up with a start. "Patrick!" She heard someone coming up the steps. She quickly ran into the closet. "Babe, where are you? Destiny." She slowly opened the closet door. "Destiny, what were you doing in the closet?" "Nothing." Patrick walked to her. "You had another nightmare?" "No, I didn't." "I'm not stupid, Dest." "Alright. I had another nightmare. I need to get ready." "Sweetheart, come here." Destiny walked to Patrick. "What?" "You have been having nightmares almost every night. Will you tell me what they are about?" "No, they are nothing. Now can I get ready?" "Okay." Patrick walked Destiny go to the bathroom.

"Dammit." Patrick threw the pillow across the room. Patrick got up and went to the other bathroom to get ready. Destiny closed the door and slide to the floor. "Why are these dreams happening now?" She was having dreams of Josh hurting her and Andrew and then killing Patrick. They were so real. "I can't tell you, Patrick." After a few minutes she got up and started to get ready. A hour later Patrick was waiting in the living room. "Patty, I'm ready." He turned around. "Wow. Your beautiful." "Thank you." She blushed. "Your as handsome as always." "Thanks. I got you something?" He reached into his pocket. It was a diamond bracelet. "Oh my gosh, it's beautiful." She reached out and touched the diamonds. "Let me put it on." Destiny held out her wrist and Patrick put on the bracelet. He kissed the underside of her wrist. "I love you." "I love you too, Patty."

"Let's go. I made reservations for 6pm." "Where are we going?" "It's killing you, that you don't know?" "Yes, it is." She smiled. "Okay, we are going to Tomah's." "I haven't been there in a long time." "Hurry up." "Alright. Mr. Stump. Geez." Patrick and Destiny walked to the car and Patrick drove to the restaurant. They were seated right away. "Do you know what you want?" Patrick asked. "I'm thinking the Chicken Caesar Salad." "That's all?" "It's a huge salad." "Alright." "What are you getting?" "I was thinking of the same thing actually." "And you complain to me." Destiny smiled at him. The waitress came and they ordered their food.

"How are you feeling?" Patrick asked. "Good. I felt better after my nap." "Except waking up?" "Will you stop. I don't want to talk about it." "Alright. I just wish I knew how to help you." "You don't need to help me. I'm fine." "Okay." "Um, so what do you think of the future for us?" "What?" "I've just been thinking about the future. We have Andrew and soon going to have three more children." "Well, first we need a bigger house." "Yes, I'm going to call some places tomorrow. I want to stay in Glenview. I mean, is that alright with you?" "Of course. I want our children to grow up where we did." "Good. I don't think I'm one to move to L.A. Maybe later to get a home there, but just for work." "That will be nice. Plus, Andrew will be starting school next year." "Yeah. Have I told you how beautiful you are?" "Will you stop it?" "I will not. I can't believe you are the same girl that took my teddybear." "I didn't take it. You gave me the teddybear when your parents got divorced and then when I went to my dad's." She looked down. Patrick took her hands. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it." "I know." She smiled up at Patrick.

Their food came and they went home. "Destiny, you go sit in the living room. I got some cheese cake." "Okay." Destiny took off her shoes and sat on the couch. Patrick came back with one plate with a piece of cheese cake. "I thought we could share. But first, I want to ask you something." "Okay. What is it?" Patrick, took the ring in his hand. "Well, we've known each other a long time. Almost our whole life. We've been through a lot and have Andrew and soon three more children. I missed you so much when we were apart. I thought about you every day. Not a day went by that I didn't think about you." Patrick got down on one knee and took Destiny's hand. "Destiny, will you marry me?" "Oh, Patrick." Destiny got tears in her eyes. "Yes, I will." Patrick slide the ring on her finger. "A perfect fit."

Destiny put her hands on Patrick's face and kissed his lips. "I love you so much." She looked down at the ring. "The ring is so beautiful." "I know when I seen it that I had to have it for you." "Thank you so much." Patrick sat back on the couch. "I know we talked about this before, but I really want to help you. What are the nightmares about?" "Please, Patrick. Just drop it. I don't want to talk about it." "Destiny, I want to help you and I can't when you won't tell me." "I'm not doing this now. Good night." Destiny got up and walked by Patrick, but he grabbed her arm. "You aren't running away. Now tell me." "Let me go. Stop this." Destiny was crying and trying to break free from Patrick. "What the hell is wrong?" He let go of her arm and was about to takeher into his arms. Destiny fell to the ground. "Please stop, Josh. I'm sorry. I won't see Patrick again."

Patrick knelt down and took Destiny's hands. "Baby, it's Patrick. Josh isn't here." Destiny looked up at Patrick. "What?" "You thought I was Josh. He's not here." "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm going to bed." Destiny got up and went to the bedroom. Patrick followed her. "Dest, you aren't leaving me like this. I need to know what happened. Something happened with Josh." They walked into the bedroom. "Please. I can't talk about this." Destiny unbuttoned her shirt and took it off. "What happened with that bastard?" "Destiny went to the dresser and took out a pair of pajama pants and a tank top. "Nothing." She took off her skirt and put on her pajama pants. Patrick just looked at her. "Is this why you aren't sleeping and having the nightmares. She took off her bra and put on the tank top.

"I'm going to bed now. If you want to sit in the dark, can you do it in your office?" "Please tell me." "You want to know? He beat me. There, now you know. Good night." She got into bed. Patrick stood by the bed. He bent down and pushed Destiny's hair out of her face. "He did it that night when I was in North Carolina, didn't he? When Andrew was crying and I went to your bedroom door." "Yes. That was the first time. He thought you and I had sex when we were in the living room." "I'm so sorry. I should of gotten you to the bedroom right away. We shouldn't of laid there. I'm sorry." "It's not your fault. It had a lot to do with the war. He wasn't the same when he came home." "Why didn't you call me? I would of helped you." "I was scared. He said he was going to take Andrew away and that included you." She started crying.

"Move over." Destiny moved and Patrick got into bed. "I think you should talk to someone. Especially, with the nightmares." "No, Patty. I'll get over them." "Destiny, how bad was it?" "Really bad. I just wanted to be with you. When you all came to North Carolina, I made a commitment that I would be a true wife to Josh. Well, when he started beating me I couldn't. That day you left I just want to go with you. I was terrified of what was going to happen." Patrick took her into his arms. "I'm sorry." "Stop saying that. It's not your fault. I should of had Pete tell you, but like I said I was afraid." "What? Pete knew?" "Yeah, he seen the bruise before you left and I told him and promised that he wouldn't tell." "Fuck, why do you and everyone around me keep secrets. I'm part of your life." "Now you are. Patrick, he said he was going to take my son away from me. How do you think I felt. Pete guessed at it and I had to tell him. I'm sorry for keeping it a secret. Don't be mad at Pete." "Alright." He kissed the top of her head. "Did his parents know?" "Patrick, can we drop it?" "I need to be be mad at someone and he's not around. I hope he's burning in hell. Why I ever thought you actually loved him and were happy. I should of known better." "Can we not talk about this anymore. I don't want the night that I got engaged surrounded by this. Please." Patrick looked down at her eyes. "I love you. More than anything." He rolled on top of her and kissed her deeply.






Sign up to rate and review this story