Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

Road Rage

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 3 reviews

Actual chapter here guys.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 814 words

0Unrated
Bree woke with a start when she heard banging on the door. She looked at her alarm clock, 5AM. What could anyone want at this hour? She thought to herself unwillingly climbing out of bed and making her way downstairs.
Opening the door she couldn’t have been more confused.

“Hello are you Bree?” said the tall man in a police officers uniform.

“Ehh yeah? Why what’s wrong?” she answered her voice shaking.

“I’m afraid its your dad and his girlfriend. They were in a car accident. Melody escaped with a broken leg but your dad I’m afraid wasn’t as lucky. He suffered some severe head trauma. I’m here to take you to the hospital, as his only living blood relative the doctors want to speak with you”

“No I’m sorry your wrong my dad is upstairs in bed. I know it. It cant be him” she answered her voice breaking.

“There was no mistake, it’s defiantly him. If you could just grab your jacket I’ll give you a ride there.”

Bree felt numb. Nodding silently she grabbed her jacket and followed the officer to his car. Its happening again. Two parents in less then a year must be some sort of record she thought.



Pushing through the hospital doors she felt an odd sense of déjà vu. She’d been here before. Not leaving the police officer’s side he escorted to her to her dad’s room.

Melody sat in silence beside Bree’s dad’s bedside holding his hand, sitting in her wheelchair. Her face was covered in scrapes and bruises and her eyes were wide and red rimmed as if she had just spent a lot of time crying.

Nobody said anything, even the doctor. The sound of the life machine beeping echoed through the room. Bree couldn’t bring herself to look at him. So she concentrated on the clock. Finally, taking a deep breath she looked at him and burst into tears. His hair had been shaved and a massive scar of metal staples replaced it. His eyes were black and his face pale and lifeless. No one would have guessed he was alive if it wasn’t for the slow rising and falling of his chest.

After what seemed like forever the doctor coughed and spoke.

“Your father suffered serious head injuries, his skull cracked on impact with the tree himself and Miss Melody drove into. Our surgeons had to remove part of his skull and with it a large part of his brain –“
He waited for Bree to respond to see if it was ok to continue.


“Go on” she choked out.

“I’m sorry to tell you but the only thing keeping your Dad alive at this moment is our life machines. If you decide to wait it out to see if he respond to anything as a professional I have to tell you there is no chance of him ever being the same again, even if he does wake up. I realise this is hard choice to make for a girl of your age but since you’re his only blood relative you have to decide whether or not to give consent to turning off the life support machines” he finished.

How can I decide that? Bree thought hysterically. Walking slowly towards her father’s bedside. She knelt beside him and took his hand. How well had she ever really known him? He wasn’t even there to see her grow up, not that he wanted to. He never accepted her, and deep down that’s all she ever wanted. Even though I might not have ever said it I love my dad she thought sadly. And now she never would get the chance. After all the things he said to her, after all he did she still couldn’t deny the fact he was her dad and nothing could ever change that, and that made her feel connected to him in a way.


She looked at Melody, Bree could see she was hurting too. On some level Melody loved Bree’s dad. No matter how much of a lying bitch she was Bree thought for the first time that maybe some of Melody’s feelings towards her dad were genuine. Silently looking at each other Bree knew what was right. Her dad was in pain, she didn’t want to be the one responsible for keeping him that way.


“Turn the machine off.” She said so quietly the doctor had to ask her to repeat herself.

“Do you want a minute alone before I do?” he asked.

“Yeah thanks” she replied. Everyone left leaving her alone to be with her thoughts and the man she was scared to call Dad.


“I feel so stupid talking to you knowing you cant her me” she started.
Sign up to rate and review this story