Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Blue Sky, White Clouds

by Zoey_was_here 0 reviews

Naruto and Sakura... Friends? Lovers? Rivals? They aren't talking that much to each other, so what's going on between them?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Naruto,Sakura - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-30 - Updated: 2007-11-30 - 476 words

0Unrated
I do not own Naruto or any of its characters and items. I never will, never.
This is totally different from the show. A little twist, sort of. ;)

Oh, yeah. Naruto and Sakura are around 15 16ish in age now.

*

So this is what it feels like to fly, to be free…

“Oww!” Naruto yelled, rubbing the back of his head, being interrupted from his daydreaming.

He turned around to see Sakura giggling and smiling.

”What was that for?” he asked, feeling a small bump.

”Nothing really. Just felt like it, you know?”

”Whatever, just come over here and sit down. I’m getting bored sitting by myself,” Naruto said softly.

Sakura heard him and did what she was told. She sat down beside him and lied down on her back resting her hands behind her head. Naruto did the same.

Sakura and Naruto are out in a field on the outskirts of Konohagakure. All the teen shinobi hang out here, after training and missions. And oddly enough, Sakura and Naruto are there, together. Mainly couples come here, but here there are exceptions.

It’s around the middle of the day.

“So what do you see?” Sakura asked, moving a hand to point to the clouds.

“Um, clouds?” Naruto responded.

”Well, duh, I meant do you see anything shapes?”

”Oh, um, no, not really.”

Sakura got up and looked over him.

”Use your imagination, stupid,” she said grinning.

“Whatever,” Naruto said getting up.

They looked at each other, before getting up and heading back to the village.

*

As they continued to walk a silence rose above the two, suffocating them both. Sakura coughed.

“Naruto, let’s take a rest,” Sakura said sighing.

”Um, ok, sure,” he said as he sat down on the forest floor.

Sakura moved slowly beside him, like a fox. Naruto didn’t see her; he was examining a leaf, feeling the edges.

Sakura broke the silence.

“Um, Naruto?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah?” he asked.

”Oh, nothing. Never mind, sorry.”

The silence rose back between them again, as they started walking again.

How come I couldn’t get the words out? It’s like someone stole the words right from my mouth, Sakura thought.

When they finally got out of the forest, and into the main entrance of the village, they stopped and paused.

”Well, I’ve got to get home,” Naruto said softly, looking into the night.

“Yeah, me too. You want to-“

”Hang out tomorrow?” Naruto asked, cutting her off.

Sakura nodded her head.
Naruto moved over and embraced her into a hug.

”Of course we can, Sakura,” he said whispering in her ear.

Sakura shook for a moment, the feeling of Naruto’s broad arms around her.

When he let go, they both smiled and went their separate ways.
As Sakura walked home she smiled.

I thought so…

To be continued
Sign up to rate and review this story