Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[18.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

this is one of my favorite chapters so far,im not even gonna lie.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2007-12-03 - Updated: 2009-01-21 - 1289 words

0Unrated
5-9-2006
Point of View: Patrick

"BOO AND YA",Pete screamed at the top of his lungs the minute Allie and I got through the door.
That boy is one loud motherfucker.

"If you practiced as much on your bass as you do on that thing, you might actually be a decent bassist" ,I teased Pete,grabbing the Guitar Hero controller out of his hand.

"Oh cute.",he shot me a look. "How was your little trip to the beach? You know, if you guys wanted some lovey-dovey time we would have been GLAD to leave."
Something was evident in his voice. Sarcasm,more than likely. But I could have sworn it was more like jealousy.

At that point, I felt my cheeks turn red. I'm pretty shy and don't like being put on the spot. Besides the fact that we didn't do anything. In fact , I never have. With anyone. And my good friends Pete and Joe remind me of that on a daily basis.
"Wait Pete, don't say P-E-N-I-S near Patrick, his virgin ears can't take it."
Great friends I have.
But seriously, I love them to death.
And they love me to death, I think.
Well...at least I know Pete does.
Which brings me to last night...

Pete stumbled into his bed about an hour after I did. I was still awake, having trouble sleeping because I was thinking up ways to give that ring to Allie.
"Pattycakes you awake?"
I ignored this because if he found out I was awake, he'd keep me up all night telling me stupid stories about penguins and unicorns. Plus I hate when he calls me that stupid pet name.
"Well goodnight then."
And he rolled over,away from me.
He knew I was awake.
After a little bit, I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I remember,there was something in my hand. Another hand. Pete's hand.
I heard him mumbling something to himself, and just tried to go back to sleep because I figured he was having some weird dream or doing weird-ass things in his sleep.
So I shut my eyes again,trying to fall asleep.
But it didn't work.
And then it happened.
He kissed me.
A real fucking kiss.
And I didn't move a muscle.
Mostly because I was weirded out. And because I wanted to see what the hell he was up to.
Not because I enjoyed it or anything like that..
Then as soon as he pulled away, he turned back over.
And he cried.
For at least an hour.
And the only reason I know that is because I laid awake, listening to the sniffles and nearly silent sobbing.
And being his best friend, I wanted to tell him everything would be ok.
And to stop crying.

But there was no way I could ever let him know that I was awake.
And that the only reason I didn't stop him from kissing me was because best friends have to be there for each other- and Pete needed me then. Even if it did mean putting up with that.

The last thing I remember was wiping a tear off my own cheek. Because I couldn't be there for my best friend... I had known there was something wrong with him.
And if he really likes me that way, that there's no way in the world I could ever like him back. Because I have Allie. And I'm happier with her than I've been in my entire life.

I'm so fucking confused.


"PATRICK MARTIN."
A hand waved violently in front of my face.
"SNAP OUT OF IT"
Joe.

"Sorry. I was thinking about how fucking hungry I am."
"Fatty.",Joe teased, poking my tummy.
What the hell..I'm not gonna giggle or anything ,Jesus.
"Thanks" ,I threw in the eye-roll to emphasize the sarcasm.
"Aww be quiet Joe,he's just the right size.",and with that, Allie threw her arms around my neck and gave me a kiss.
God,that girl knows how to make me smile.
"Well,the plane leaves in about 2 hours...",Andy glanced at his phone.
"I did all Joe and Pete's packing,because God knows they won't do it themselves."
"THANKS HURLEY-GIRLY",Joe yelled,showing his appreciation by messing up Andy's hair.
"Welcome Joe-mo",Andy offered,giving Joe a smack across the head.
Sooo much love in our band.

*
Our new deal payed for first class seats back to Chicago, so of course we took advantage each claiming an entire row of three seats for ourselves.
And luckily there was only one other person in first class with us,who was either drunk as hell or a really deep sleeper.
Otherwise,being in a relatively small area with Fall Out Boy plus 1 would have made anyone wanna jump out the back.
After the stewardess threatened to have both Joe and Pete "escorted to the back of the plane and arrested the minute they stepped off if they made one more sexual comment towards her",we all started settling down.
Joe fell asleep in the middle of eating a Fruit Roll-up,and Andy busted out the laptop to work on his new "Reasons to go Vegan"website.
Pete was reading a magazine, probably Cosmo girl to get tips on making his eyeliner perfect,and I in turn,sprawled my lazy ass out across all three of my seats and stared at the ceiling.
Minutes passed.
"Pssst"
Blue eyes peeked over the row in front of me. The most beautiful blue eyes that you have ever seen.
"Can I come over to your row?"
"Well...I guess.",I stated.
Like I would actually ever deny.
I sat up and Allie scooted in next to me,iPOD in hand.
"Watcha listening to?",I asked,wrapping my blanket around both of us.
"You." ,she smiled,showing me the screen.
She was listening to some acoustic songs I had recorded a month or two ago,and this made me smile .You could tell it wasn't planned either, like she would be listening to the same song even if I were a thousand miles away.
I stuck the other earphone in my ear and listened for a couple minutes.
"Wow..I screwed that part up big time."
I'm critical of my music...
"Oh stop. You sounded perfect."
"I bet."
She took both our earphones out and stuffed them in her hoodie pocket.
"I think a live performance is in order.",she grinned.
"Ha.You want me to sing?"
"Sure,why not?",she asked. "Everyones asleep. And I should be too since we have a long day ahead of us. So will you sing for me?"
"Well..what do you wanna hear?"
"Sing the one we were just listening to...I love it",she replied,leaning her head on my shoulder.
So I started off the song, not too loud,just soft enough to make you want to fall asleep.
And when the chorus came, I took her in my arms and sang into her ear as soft as I could without making it a whisper.
keep quiet,nothing comes as easy as you can i lay in your bed all day ill be your best kept secret and your biggest mistake, the hand behind this pen relives a failure every day
I finished the song, and she was fast asleep on my shoulder, with a faded trace of a smile left on her face.
I kissed her,and then made sure she was as comfortable as you can be sleeping on someones shoulder,and I closed my eyes in an attempt to dream up some insane thing that would take her breath away,exactly like she takes mine on a daily basis
Sign up to rate and review this story