Categories > Original > Fantasy

Dragons of Lore

by MarineManiac 0 reviews

There is a legend, passed down by many generations on how the world was created. One, stands out amoung the others as the "most idiotic thing" anyone has ever heard of. Because of this, children we...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-12-04 - Updated: 2007-12-05 - 684 words

-1Boring
~Chapter 1~

At the Beginning

It was a glorious day, the day that the daughter of Mr. Ashleigh Ohana and Mrs. Matilda Ohana was born. As Mr. Ohana stepped into the hospital's maternity room his eyes gazed onto his wife, she had never looked so spectacular. Cradeled in her tired arms, a bundle of light pink tried squriming it's way free, but it's attempt's were useless.

"Ashleigh come closer, she isn't going to bite." Ms. Eslade said laughing lightly. Her ruffled hair was in her face, but she wasn't able to move it due to holding the baby. Ashleigh walked closer to the bed as he looked at the baby, it's red face scrunched as if it had just awakened from a long nap. The baby began moving it's hands together in an almost clapping manner, but it made no sound as it was muffled by the pink blanket. A smile found it's way to both of the parent's faces.

A nurse walked towards the two and tapped Ashleigh on the shoulder. As he turned around he saw a short blonde hair, blue-eyed girl who appeared no older than 30.
"Have you two decided on a name yet?" she asked lightly, holding a few papers in her hand. Ashleigh turned around and looked at his wife who in turn spoke,
"We agreed if it was a girl you were to be the one to name it." Ashleigh nodded slowly. An expression of hesitation came across his face, he had never named a child before and this name would be with this baby for the rest of its life. It was such a burden to bare, the child seemed to fit so many names he had already thought of in his head.

Asheligh turned and placed his hand on the baby's head lightly he then smiled, "Her name will be Tamber Shirushi Ohana, is that alright with you Mattie?" Matilda nodded smiling, "Music sure does run in our veins, it suits our girl well."

The nurse nodded, taking the notes from what Ashleigh had said. It was an hour later until the nurse remembered something.
"Oh, Mr. Ohana there is something I would like to bring to your knowledge." she started off pausing for a minute,so Ashleigh's attention was towards her.
"There appears to be a birthmark in the middle of Tamber's chest. Oddly enough it looks like a dragon spiralling to chase it's tail."

Ashleigh raised his eyebrow lightly has he brushed his pulled back bangs to his ear, his black hair pulled back in a ponytail.
"Indeed, that seems odd, but it doesn't matter. She's my daughter and I'll love her even if her skin is green." he laughed loudly.


It had been a few months after Tamber's birth. Life seemed harder for Ashleigh and Matilda as both were aspiring musicians. Matilda Ohana was an international opera singer that was focused in Italy, and often went there to preform. Where as Asheligh, was the lead singer and guitarist of a popular rock group of the day, Serenity. But it wasn't until Tamber's ninth month of life when a tradegy struck the family.


"Matilda Ohana, 30, International Opera Singer was killed on February 14th, 2033." a news reporter almost sang from the amounts of coffee he had digested.
"Ashleigh Ohana refused to comment as he walked out of the hospital with his 9-month old daughter, Tamber. Matilda was pronounced dead on arrival from a fatal gunshot wounds to her chest cavity barely hitting her heart. Officials report that if the bullet was just 1 inch further down she would have had a chance to live. Her family and many others mourn her death. Memorial services have not been discussed as of yet."

The television was turned off by a sudden click. An obese man sat back down in a leather chair with a stack of papers next to him. In his lap, a white persian cat purred and napped. The cat was suddenly awoken as the man almost threw it off his lap.
"That'll teach our client not to miss his payment..." he said in a deep voice.
Sign up to rate and review this story