Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 4

by berryterry 0 reviews

Joe has a feeling that his luck with romance is about to change

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 1488 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 4

“Where have you been?” Pete asked as Joe walked into the bunk-bed area of the tour bus.
“Oh… nowhere…just out for some fresh air.”
“Oh... ok.”
Pete suspected Joe was not giving him the entire story. Then he remembered the conversation they had the other night about a girl he knew from his childhood.
“Wait a minute! You were talking to that girl from kindergarten, weren’t you?”
Joe’s flushed look on his face gave him away.
“I knew it!” Pete said excitedly. “So how did it go? Details please!”
“Ok this is how it went down: I was walking down the street when all of a sudden I heard someone crying and it turned out to be her! So as it turns out, she had just broken up with her boyfriend and she didn’t have a ride home so—
“Wait… you drove her home?”
“No! I offered to pay for a cab, stupid. Anyways, she didn’t need a ride ‘cause she asked her friend to pick her up and—
“Ok! Just get to the point. Did you ask her out or not?”
“Well she did give me her number. She said she wants me to keep in touch.”
“Dude you got to call this chick! She could be the one you’ve been looking for.”
“Oh I will Pete. Just not tonight, I’m pretty tired.”
“Ok. But promise me you’ll call her tomorrow!”
“I promise. Good night Pete.”
“Good night Joe.”

The next morning, the bus stopped in New York City for their next show on the tour. Fall Out Boy decided to go out and grab some coffee at Starbucks before going on several scheduled interviews and appearances on various radio and television programs.

“I’ll have a tall latte, with whipped cream and sprinkles, please,” said Patrick to the server.
As the cashier rings him up, Pete nudges Joe on the line.
“Ow! Stop it!” laughs Joe.
“So when are you going to… you know… do it?” whispers Pete
“Do what?” Patrick interjects.
“Oh it’s really nothing. I just—
“Joe got a girl’s number last night!”
“Pete! Shush!”
“Oh really?” Patrick said with a grin. So who is she? Is she hot?”
“Um… it’s a long story. Some girl I knew from when I was a kid… I met her after our last show.”
“Oh wow, that’s awesome! Good for you Joe. So aren’t you going to call her?”
“Yeah, I promised Pete I would call her today. I’m just waiting for the right moment.”
“Next please!” said the server, interrupting their conversation.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” said Pete. “My friend and I will have a Frappachino. No whip.”

Pete, Joe, and Patrick then joined Andy at a table in the restaurant. They had their coffee, but Joe kept quiet about Elaine for the whole time they were there and for the remainder of the morning.

Meanwhile, back in Chicago at Elaine’s apartment, Elaine woke up to the sound of her alarm. She was still overwhelmed by the events which occurred the night before: the concert, breaking up with her boyfriend, and of course meeting Joe Trohman, who turned out to be someone she knew from the playground of her childhood. “I wonder if he’ll call me,” she thought and she slowly walked into the kitchen to make a cup off coffee.

Already sitting at the kitchen table were her too roommates, Janice Greene and Vicky Murphy.
“Morning,” said Janice
“Morning Janice, Vicky”
“So how was the concert last night?”
“Oh it was great…but…”
“But what?”
“John and I broke up!”
“No!” Vicky interjected.
“Yeah…it’s a long story…but I did get to meet someone from Fall Out Boy.”
“Really? Who?” asked Vicky
“Joe.”
“Awesome. Did you get his autograph?”
“No… but I gave him my phone number!”
“You’re kidding!”
“I’m serious! It turns out that we knew each other from way back in kindergarten so I gave him my number so we could keep in touch.”
“Do you think he’ll call?”
“I hope so. I would really like to hear from him. But he’s probably too busy.”
“Hey you never know, Elaine, maybe he could become… you know, your boyfriend!”
“What?” laughed Elaine. “No way! What makes you think I have even the slightest chance with Joe Trohman from Fall Out Boy? He definitely prefers girls way hotter than me.”
“Oh don’t be so down on yourself Elaine. You’re a great catch, not to mention gorgeous. And you do know him, so you actually have an advantage over anyone else!”
“Thanks. I guess you’re right. But I don’t know about getting into a relationship just yet. I mean I just broke up with my boyfriend and—
“Elaine, you know and I know that he was a jerk from the beginning. You deserve someone who treats you right. Maybe that someone is Joe. Think about it. He was nice enough to talk to you and he took your number. I think it’s a good sign!”
“Vicky is right,” said Janice. “You should be more optimistic about this. He may be famous but that doesn’t mean he’s not looking for someone sweet and down-to-earth, like you.”
“Ok, but what if he’s not looking for a relationship. Maybe he just wants to be friends.”
“That may be true. But I have a feeling that if you do become friends, it’s very possible that it will turn into something more.”

Back in New York, after making several appearances and doing interviews, the guys of Fall Out Boy are taking a short break before rehearsing for the concert at Madison Square Garden. Andy is sitting in a chair reading a comic book and sipping a vegan milkshake, while Joe, Pete and Patrick are in the next room watching random videos on Youtube.

“LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!” are the words emanating from the computer speakers as laughter erupts due to the infamous Chris Crocker rant.
“Could you turn that down?” yelled Andy. “I’m trying to find out what happens to the Magic Horse Fairy!”
“Sorry Andy!” said Pete as he lowered the volume.
Pete then turns the conversation to Joe, who has yet to call Elaine.
“Joe, this is the perfect opportunity to call that girl!”
“Do I have to do it now?”
“Yes! We don’t have much time. We have to rehearse in a few minutes.”
“Ok. I’ll do it.”
“Great… wait, what are you going to say?”
“Ummm… I don’t know… ‘do you want to hang out sometime?’”
“No! Don’t say ‘hang out’ say ‘go out’! You want to show her that you’re interested in dating her, don’t you?”
“Well yeah, but I don’t want to sound too forward. And what if she just wants to be friends?”
“Trust me Joe, when a girl hands you her number she wants to be more than friends.”
“But she said she wants to keep in touch, not go out.”
“She may have said she wants to keep in touch and she probably means it but she’s hoping that ‘keeping in touch’ will lead to more. You get it?”
“I think so. I hope you’re right Pete… Ok I’m going to do it.”

Joe took Elaine’s number out of his wallet and dialed the number. The phone rang a few times before Elaine picked up.
“Hello?” said Elaine
“Hi Elaine. It’s Joe!”
Elaine couldn’t believe it. Joe Trohman was actually calling her.
“Hi… um… Joe,” she said nervously. “How… how are you?”
“I’m great Elaine. Um… I was kind of wondering if we could maybe hang—
Pete glared at him.
“I mean go out sometime, like a date maybe.”
“Oh… um… sure! I would love to! But where would we meet, I mean since you guys are on tour and everything.”
“Well the tour will be ending next week, so I’ll be back in Chicago then. So we’ll figure something out then.”
“Ok great.” I’ll see you soon Joe.”
“Ok, yeah I’ll see you. Bye!”

“Did you get the date?” asked Pete
“Yeah. I did.”
“See! I knew you could get her to go out with you. All you have to do is ask!”
“Well I guess you’re right Pete. I just hope I don’t screw things up on our date.”
“C’mon man, you’ll be fine. Just be yourself. You’re a great guy. You just don’t realize it yet.”
“Lets go guys, we got to rehearse for the show tonight,” interrupts Patrick.
“Ok, we’re coming.”

As the boys rehearse, Joe is excited yet nervous about his upcoming date with Elaine. “God, I hope everything goes OK,” he thought as he strummed away on his guitar.
Sign up to rate and review this story