Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Tall, Dark, and Tattooed

Part Cinq

by killertrend 5 reviews

The first date.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-15 - Updated: 2007-12-16 - 598 words

0Unrated
So sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. I wanted to have it written a week ago. Oh well, here it is, enjoy!



"I'll be at your place at 7:00, ok?"

"Sounds great Pete, see you then." Harper snapped her phone shut, happily twirling around to face the cat lounging on her bed.

"Which gives me a grand total of an hour to get ready Blossom! What am I gonna do?!"

"You know, sometimes I wish you'd stop talking to my cat. But then I think, no, he'd probably get lonely." Harper rolled her eyes at her best friend and roommate, who rested comfortably next to her tabby.

"How about I wear that black dress? With my red heels?" Emmie nodded, a smirk beginning to haunt the corners of her mouth.

"You like him. You really like him. Don't you?" Harper stared bewildered at her, shaking her head quickly.

"What makes you think that? I hardly know him."

"You never wear your red heels. Ever. You said you were saving them for a special occasion." Emmie crossed her arms over her chest, cocking an eyebrow and giving Harper her you-know-I'm-right-don't-even-try-to-deny-it look.

"Listen, Em, he's cute. I guess. And he seems sweet. And God knows I want a boy in my life more than anything, but don't you think it's a bit soon to be liking him a whole lot?"

"It's never too soon. Now go get ready." Emmie waved her hand at Harper dismissively, stroking Blossom with the other.

Harper heard her whisper to the cat as she walked into the bathroom,

"Twenty bucks says they fall hopelessly in love."



Harper sat picking nervously at the hem of her dress at 7:01 P.M., already starting to worry.

"He'll be here. Honestly Harp, it's only a minute past."

As if on cue, a sharp knock on the door made both girls jump. Harper opened it slowly, smiling timidly at the handsome man before her.

"Hey Pete."

"Hey. Are you, um, ready to go?" Harper nodded, and made to walk out the door. However, a slightly offended cough stopped her, and she glanced back at Emmie apologetically.

"Oh, Pete, this is Emmie. Emmie, Pete."

"Nice to meet you." Emmie smiled, shaking hands with the bassist. "Have her home by eleven!"

Harper shook her head, motioning Pete out of the apartment.



They quickly arrived at their destination; a small, exclusive restaurant by the name of L'Ordinary. Pete handed the keys of his Mercedes to the valet, escorting Harper in with an instrument-calloused hand at the small of her back.

"Don't let the name fool you, this place is anything but ordinary." Harper smiled, awed by the magnificent interior. Soft lights accented dark woods and creamy fabrics. The table were intimately placed, while a violinist played melodiously in the background.

"This is amazing." She murmered, a blush creeping up her neck at Pete's pleased grin.

"I'm glad you like it."



Their meal was eaten leisurely, each quietly enjoying the rich, contemporary dishes. The chef, a tall, elegant man, had come out to speak with them, inquiring as to the palatability of the food.

Harper had been fascinated by it all. The subtle glamour of such an expensive, decadent restaurant, and the unassuming classiness of the man across the table from her. They had talked constantly the whole night, each craving the voice of the other.

"Where to now?" They were back at Pete's car, neither eager to leave the other's presence.

"How about my place?" Harper surprised herself at her boldness. Perhaps the wine had sought to loosen her inhibitions...
Sign up to rate and review this story