Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll scream your name until my lungs bleed

My heart is the worst kind of weapon

by thnks4thmmrs03 0 reviews

Not so good at summaries...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-17 - Updated: 2007-12-17 - 1915 words

0Unrated
I had been admiring him for quite some time now. There was something about him that kept me coming back to learn more. I had never even met him on a personal level but wanted to. To learn about him and his ways. The way he thinks and feels and interprets life. He portrays himself as such a dark person, one who looks at the world in a way that I could never even fathom. And when he writes, his use of words is incredible. I never thought hiding behind his plethora of hoodies could be so attractive, and could draw me in so far that I couldn’t erase myself. I just wanted to get into his head, if only for one second. I wanted him to know that I existed out of this company, and that I could be the one who he called at night when things weren’t going the way he planned. I wish he didn’t see me as one of the millions of people that paid attention to every word he wrote. If only he could look into my eyes and know what I’m thinking and know my every want. That each day I saw him and the rest of the band, he didn’t just do the friendly hello, nod and wave and go on his marry way, leaving me breathless. If only he didn’t see me as just the boss’s daughter…

“Katie! Hello?” I suddenly snapped out of my daze and noticed a hand waving in front of my face.
“Oh sorry dad. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. What’s up?” I said closing my laptop. I couldn’t let him know how I felt. He’d freak out.
“I just need you to schedule their next meeting with me. Thanks. You’re free to go after that, are you coming over to the house for dinner tonight?” My father said referring to his clients about the meeting, whom haven’t even stepped out of their current meeting yet.
“Ya. I’ll see you later tonight.” I said. I directed my attention on some paperwork that I needed to finish up before leaving. My back was turned when I heard a cough from behind me, and my assumption was that it was the clients.
“I’m sorry. Just trying to finish up some work before I leave. How can I help y…” I spun my chair around to meet with them which caught me off guard. I cleared my throat.
“How can I help you?” I said trying to sound a tad more professional and actually getting my whole sentence out.
“Umm ya, Rob wanted us to schedule our next meeting with you before we left.” A boy about my age, clad in a zip up hoodie, somewhat loose jeans, and a hat shielding his face. I knew him as Patrick.
“Oh yes, he told me about scheduling you guys. What times good for you?” I asked looking to the back of the foursome to him, the one I want to get to know. He was paying no attention to what was going on; all of his attention was going to whomever he was pounding on the keys of his sidekick he was trying to communicate with. I scheduled them and they were on their way. Walking out of my life as fast as they came in.
“Ok thanks Katie, see ya later.” Patrick said. He seemed so genuine and so honest. A little shy but it’s cute.
“Have a good night guys.” I replied. I sighed as they walked out of the building.
“You know, if you want to get to know them, you have to speak up a little bit…”
I froze, it was my dad. I wonder how long he had been standing there.
“Huh? What are you talking about?” I replied sounding like I had no idea what he was talking about. He just laughed.
“I’ll see you at dinner.” He patted my back and left the lobby. I just shook my head.

I looked down at my scheduling book and noticed that the band is coming back in on the 24th.
‘Five days. I have something to look forward to, having to work on a Saturday and all.’ I smiled, packed up my things and left the office.

The next few days were stressful for me. I had finals the last part of the week since it was my last week of college. I was graduating in about 2 weeks. I was excited since I had worked so hard to get my degree. The week was ending and my last final was over. I was walking out of Jessup Hall when I heard somebody calling my name. I turned around to see Danny, a guy about my age who I had a slight crush on.

“Man, am I glad that’s over with.” Danny said making conversation.
“Ya I know, I’m so happy to be done.” I continued walking. I was in a bit of a rush since I had to be at work in 20 minutes. Danny kept on talking but I kind of zoned out. Then I realized he was stammering a lot. I thought he was so cute even when he was nervous.
“So umm, I was thinking that umm, if you weren’t busy tomorrow night that umm, you might want to grab umm dinner with me?” I was taken back. Was he actually asking me out? I hadn’t been on a so called ‘date’ in probably 8 months. I just didn’t have the time anymore.
“Ya I’d love to.” I smiled and laughed a little bit when I saw his face light up.
“Ok great, I’ll call you tomorrow to make plans.” And with that, we went our separate ways, him leaving me smiling like an idiot.

The next morning was an early one for me. I had to be at the office at 7am, since it was a half day. Like I said before, I didn’t mind because ‘he’ was coming in. 11:35 was rolling around and I wondered where they were.

‘Good way to be late…’ I thought to myself. And with that, I heard the door open. There they were. Looking as stunning as ever.

“Hey Katie…is he ready for us?” Asked Patrick. Whenever I read about them, every magazine and interview always portrayed Patrick as shy and not very confident, but he just seemed comfortable around me and I liked that.
“Ya he is, you know where to go.” I said with a smile as I looked at him. I followed them back with my eyes focusing most of my attention on the one I was so drawn to. He was on his cell phone like always.

A little bit later I looked over at the clock that hung on the wall beside me.

’11:55…off in 5 minutes.” I noticed as my cell phone started to ring. It was Danny. A smile instantly came to my face.

“Hey Danny, how are you?” I asked answering the phone.
“Good, I’ve got some bad news though.” He said as my smile became a frown. I then noticed who was coming out of the boardroom.
“I’m gonna have to take a rain check for tonight. Something came up.” I slumped down in my chair still frowning.
“Oh that’s ok, but hey give me a call later because I’m just closing the office. Yep talk to you later, bye.” I said as I hung up the phone and sighed.
“Something wrong?” I looked up to see Patrick half way smiling at me.
“Oh nothing really, my date just cancelled on me tonight…oh well.” I said putting on a fake smile and trying not to sound disappointed even though I really was.
“Dude, was this guy gay? What straight man in the right mind would cancel a date with you?” I laughed at Patrick’s remark.
“Nah, it’s ok, but thanks for trying to cheer me up.” I smiled at him as I was picking some things up.
“No that’s not cool. Does that mean you’re free tonight?” He asked.
“Yea I guess so.” I said wondering what he was getting at.
“Well we have the night off and just gonna go hang out at Pete’s house, why don’t you join us? As long as you don’t mind hanging around with 4 incredibly dorky guys.” Patrick offered. I smiled at his offer.
“I couldn’t. I don’t want to intrude.” I’m horrible with invitations to places with people I don’t really know. I always feel awkward and misplaced.
“Nah don’t be silly. Pete, would she be intruding?” I got nervous.

‘Oh no…what if he doesn’t want me over there?’ I wondered as my palms started to sweat.

“What? Oh…no, it’ll be nice having some estrogen in my apartment…doesn’t happen that often.” Pete said pausing from his phone conversation long enough to answer.

‘Ya right…he probably has girls over there all the time.’ Is all I could think when he said that.

“Well, ok if you insist. But I don’t know where he lives or anything.” I said sounding a little nervous.
“Well, give Pete your number and he’ll call you and give you directions later.” Patrick said as I felt my cheeks get hot.
“Ok, but you know you don’t have to do this. I’d be fine spending tonight by myself, I’m a big girl.”
“Nonsense. You don’t have a choice.”
“Well thank you Patrick.”
“No problem, don’t forget to give Pete your number!” He said walking out the door leaving Pete to be the last one to leave.

“Ok yea…ya ok…I said ok! Bye….Jeez, sorry about that.” Pete said hanging up his phone and directing his conversation towards me. I didn’t know what to say, he just made me nervous.
“That’s ok, you know I don’t have to come over tonight, I really don’t like intruding on other people.” I repeated myself from earlier. Great, now I’m rambling.
“Katie, its fine…don’t worry about it.” He gave me one of those smiles…I got a feeling in my stomach that almost made me sick, but a good sick.
“Ok whatever you guys say. Here’s my number, but if you call in the next 2 hours or so and I don’t answer it’s because I’m going straight to the gym after this and going for a run.” I jotted my number on a scrap of paper laying around and handing it to him.
“I’ll give you a call around 3 or 4 then if that’s ok.”
“Yea that’s fine. I’ll talk to you then.” I grabbed my things and started out the door with Pete in tow.
“Yep bye.” He replied while we started walking in opposite directions, me to my car and him to the van the boys came in.
“Hey Pete….” I said as he turned around.
“Ya…”
“Thanks.” I said sounding sincere.
“For what?” He asked raising an eyebrow.
“For not making me feel like an idiot by staying home on a Saturday night.” He laughed a little bit. And with that I got into my car and was off.
Sign up to rate and review this story