Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

The Game of Cheat

by fob2adelaide 2 reviews

A one-shot for kitkatpwl (Kat). It is a drama filled story about her and her boyfriend in it, Pete Wentz.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-19 - 1794 words - Complete

1Moving
There are some parts of life where you are just simply content. Where everything seems to fall into place and nothing seems to dampen your spirits. It might take you a while to realize that you are in this place in life, but once you do realize it, it is an incredible feeling. Kat had just realised that she was in this place. She was sitting on her couch thinking back over the last five months in which she had been going out with Pete Wentz. Suddenly it had dawned on her that not only was she in love with him but that she was extremely happy with her life. Their relationship had so far been nearly perfect. They were a very loving couple and everything had just worked out so well between them. Kat’s realisation of her happiness and contentment had all been due to this beautiful relationship. But in every good thing there are bad parts to it and there is an unfortunate thing about the place that Kat was in. It is that although everybody wants to keep it forever, the sad and unavoidable truth is that life may be incredible for a while, but there is bound to be a point where it is going to go downhill. And that was what was about to happen to Kat. She had just received a text message and as she flipped her cell phone open and read the message everything began to go downhill. In fact as she read the message, Kat was sure she felt her heart stop. The message was from one of Pete’s friends, a girl by the name of Deanna. Kat knew that Deanna disliked her and she also knew why. She wanted to be with Pete instead of Kat. Kat didn’t like Deanna particularly either because of her liking of Pete and also because she just wasn’t a nice person in general. She could be one hell of a bitch when she wanted. The bad thing was, Pete couldn’t see Deanna’s mean side at all. He was totally oblivious to it. Kat hadn’t wanted to give her cell phone number to Deanna but Deanna had insisted on having it and giving Kat her number too. Kat wished that she had never had to give Deanna her number and she especially wished this as she read the horrible message. Deanna had written that Pete wanted her, not Kat and that Friday night had been so good. She had been in a hotel with Pete. Kat sat on the couch in shock. Her anger began to build up as she realised that Pete had been cheating on her. As Pete was due to come over soon, Kat turned the television on as she thought of something to say to him. The thing was she didn’t know what to say. Should she just tell him to go, never to come back? Or let him explain? She decided that she would just have to think of what to say on the spot, so she started flicking through the television channels. And that was when she saw the tabloid report. The report on how Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy had been cheating on his girlfriend of nearly six months. The worst thing about the report was that Deanna was on there speaking about how Pete wanted her. Kat turned the television off and tried to hold back her tears. How could this be happening? How could the man who she thought she knew inside out have done this to her? She was getting really angry and by the time she heard the doorbell ring she felt like she was exploding with anger and sadness. She raced to the front door throwing it open to see Pete standing on her doorstep looking completely innocent. How could he look so innocent? Kat wondered. He had just done something terribly wrong. She decided to be sarcastic. It was her usual way of reacting in situations like this.
“Oh, come in Pete!” She said, trying not to start yelling at him, “Hope you’re well! I’m so happy.” She added.
Pete looked at her a little weirdly and went to pass her but she stopped him with her hand.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“What’s wrong?” Kat replied, “Look at this,” she held out her cell to him and he read the message. He looked at her with a bewildered expression on his face. At least, Kat thought, she wasn’t the only one who couldn’t think of what to say in this situation. He was just as bad. Kat decided to talk instead of him, “You cheated on me Pete. How could you?”
“I didn’t.” Was all he said back. All he could seem to manage.
“Really?” Kat said sadly, “Is that all your defence is? I turned the TV on and there was a report on what you have done to me. Everything is ruined.”
“Kat…all I can say is I didn’t. I didn’t do it. I wouldn’t.” He seemed to be pleading with her. He stepped forward obviously to try and comfort her. Kat didn’t want this. She tried to push him away but he wouldn’t budge. And that was when she lost it. She kicked him in the privates and slammed the door in his face. She collapsed on to the ground with tears streaming down her face from her green eyes. As she tried wiping the tears away, she heard Pete on the other side of the door trying to get up. Then she heard him walk away, his footsteps faded until they were gone. Kat hoped he wouldn’t come back again.

*

It was about 3am in the morning and Kat could not sleep. She was lying on the couch tossing and turning trying to find some sort of comfortable position. But she could not find one at all. As she was turning over once more, the doorbell rang once again. Kat instantly knew that it would be Pete. She knew he wasn’t one to go away and never come back to resolve a situation. He always came back. Always. Kat half felt like ignoring the doorbell but it rang again and she knew if she ignored it, Pete would probably keep on ringing it and then stand there waiting for her to come and answer it. So she got up and made herself look a little more decent. She brushed her black hair off her face and straightened her clothes out. Then she slowly walked to the front door. Kat opened it to see Pete standing there with a piece of paper. He held it out to her. “Please read it,” he said in almost a sad voice. How could he be sad? Kat wondered. He was the one who had caused this situation in the first place. She took the piece of paper and began to read it. It was a receipt from a jewellery shop. Pete had circled the date and time. It was Friday night, 11:10pm. She turned the piece of paper over to read a note from the store person that had served Pete that night. They wrote that he had been searching for the right necklace all night, that he had been trying to find the right one for Kat and that they had been helping him for almost the entire time he had been there. Kat closed her eyes and handed it back to him. She didn’t know what to say. How could she have believed Deanna? How could she have believed the tabloid report? Of course Pete wouldn’t have cheated on her. He would never have. He had been out shopping…shopping for her that Friday night. She opened her tear stained eyes to see Pete putting the piece of paper away. He looked back up at her and attempted a smile, “The necklace was meant to be a surprise. It was for our sixth month anniversary. But now Deanna has ruined the surprise and nearly everything else.”
“I’m so sorry Pete,” Kat said in a whisper as she looked down at the ground, “I can’t believe I trusted her and that stupid report.”
“Hey, don’t beat yourself up. I don’t blame you for believing her. Okay?” He lifted her chin up so that she looked him in the eyes, “All I ask for is that next time you will trust me before kicking me down there.” Pete laughed and Kat put her arms around Pete’s neck, “I’m always going to trust you from now on Pete,” she said. Always having the last word in an argument, Kat then joked, “There’s going to be a next time? Can you tell me in advance please?”
Pete laughed and leant forward kissing Kat gently on the lips. She returned the kiss as his hands brushed through her hair and down her back until he had his arms around her waist. He kissed her once more before whispering in her ear, “Would you like the necklace?” He asked. Kat nodded and Pete got it out of a box. It was a gold chain with a beautiful green stone on it. Pete went behind Kat and put the chain around her neck. Then he quickly fastened the necklace before going to face her.
“Wow…” was all Pete seemed to be able to say.
Kat smiled, “That good?”
“Not just the necklace. You too. You’re stunning…have I ever told you that?”
“No you haven’t. There’s something I haven’t told you too. I would have said it earlier but you know what happened.”
“What happened?” Pete raised his eyebrows indicating it should all be forgotten.
“Peter Wentz…I love you.”
“I love you too Kat.”
Kat couldn’t believe it. He had just said those three important words back! Forget tonight’s events and the fact that they’d come so close to being torn apart, she now felt closer to him than she had ever felt before. She also felt as if her life was heading uphill once more. Back to that incredible place she had been in before. She smiled and grabbed Pete’s hand pulling him into the corridor. He grinned at her, “Do you want something?” He asked laughing, “Any particular reason why you just pulled me in here?”
“I think so,” Kat said seductively, “Maybe this?” She kissed him passionately and began leading Pete to her bedroom. When they got there they collapsed on to the bed kissing each other urgently, full of desire and love for each other.
Sign up to rate and review this story