Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Here and Now

by Great_Writer_Sarah 0 reviews

Post series, non compliant to book 13 (AU). For Kira and what he stood for, she will live. (Misa-centric)

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Misa - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-20 - 457 words - Complete

0Unrated

"I cannot be grasped in the here and now. For I reside just as much with the dead as with the unborn. Somewhat closer to the heart of creation than usual. But not nearly close enough." - Paul Klee



During the day, she makes her rounds as Misa-Misa, pop singer and supermodel, Japan's shining sweetheart. She signs autographs, performs at packed stadiums, does interviews for dozens of television and radio programs, the whole nine yards.

At night, she dons the dark colored cloak that is typical of her fellow acolytes, and join the others in secrecy at the shrine hidden in the rocks. Under the blanket of stars, she is Misa Amane, loyal follower to the man who would have been God - Kira. Raito Yagami. Her love.

She holds the ornate cross over the altar - a raised platform presenting a large portrait of Kira covered in garland and rosary beads, lit clearly by numerous dripping white and red candles. For a second, the unearthly aura of the place overwhelms her, and in every fiber of her being, every cell that makes up the girl Misa, the presence of Kira enters and shakes the core of her being.

Then her turn at the altar is over, and she returns to the back of the throng, eyes locked upon the ceremonies. Later tonight she will call her limo and return home discreetly as possible as a famous model can. She will go to the room no one but her has ever seen, and light a stick of incense in front of her wall of pictures - some candid shots, some taken when they were dating, others clippings from the Japan /Times/. She will pull out the custom revolver hidden in the wall and, as the pungent scent of sandalwood mixes with the air, she will meticulously clean it for the hundredth or so time.

But for now, she waits, and chants with her other followers one of the mantras of Kira (as if he had the time to write his own scriptures; as if the only book he worshiped wasn't the book of the death gods). For Kira, act in the name of justice. For Kira, fight the never ending fight against those who threaten society.

For Kira, Misa says to herself, live. Live for the man you love, even if he cannot feel it. Live for both Kira and Raito Yagami, the two spirits in one body. She has decided this, and contemplates these resolutions as the full moon illuminates her path down the mountain.

This is what she wants, what she wills to be. She needs no Death Note to grant this one wish: to live for him, but most importantly, to live for herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story