Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Missing You

by iLove 1 review

A short stry about Gerard and Lyn-Z. It's Gerard's birthday and he's not having as mush fun as he should be.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-22 - 1049 words - Complete

0Unrated
10:34pm – The Rainer Hotel

The Boys pulled up in their van, laughing and carrying on, with the radio turned up loud enough to be heard by the rice farmers in Asia. They were having the best time they’d had in a while, all of them, except for one…
He was extremely relieved to be back at the hotel, but he didn’t let his friends see that. It was a huge effort for him to keep a mask of enthusiasm on for them. They parked in the driveway and he sighed quietly and brushed his long dark hair out of his face.
“What a day…”
They all got out of the van and walked together to the doors, up through the lobby, and to their room.
“Here Gerard, set your stuff down here,” The one with long curly hair suggested.
Gerard followed and set his brightly colored bags down where he had gestured.
“I don’t know about you but I had no idea that was coming!” The man with blonde side-sweeping hair said. He was referring to the movie they’d just seen together.
“Oh, come on Bob! That was totally predictable!” The one with shorter black hair teased.
“No it wasn’t! Besides, Mikey didn’t see it either!” Bob protested.
They all turned to Mikey, who simply shook his head in response.
Gerard normally would have smiled at their playful argument, but instead he felt the need to do something with his hands, so he began to make some hot chocolate for himself. He plopped a few marshmallows in along with a Hershey kiss, and gulped it down. He sighed wistfully and sat down on the couch arm. He accidentally let a bit of his angst show, causing his brother to question him,
“You alright Gerard?” Mikey asked.
“Yeah!” he replied, instantly perking up his tone to make it more believable.
“Good, cause you’ve got more coming!” Mikey smiled.
Gerard eyes him curiously, “What the heck is he talking about?”
Suddenly, Bob came out with a very dark looking cake in his hands.
“Happy birthday to you,” Everyone began to sing, “Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, Geraaaaarrd…..Happy birthday to you!”
“Oh, you guys shouldn’t have!” Gerard gushed, getting up from the couch. “Who made it?” he asked.
“That would be me!” The curly haired one pointed to himself. “But don’t count on much, I’m pretty sure it turned out all wrong…”
“Oh, don’t say that,” Gerard encouraged him.
“Well if Ray’s did turn out like a fruitcake, I have a back up plan in the fridge.” The one with short black hair said.
“I’m glad you have confidence in me Frank.” Ray joked.
“You should be!” Frank grinned.
“Guys, this is awesome,” Gerard smiled lightly.
“did you have a good birthday then?” Bob asked.
“Absolutely.”
“Good,” Ray smiled. “Now someone get out the ice-cream! Believe it or not, we’re gonna eat more!”
Mikey went to get the ice-cream out of the freezer, while the other began to cut the cake.
Gerard though, noticed that he could finally sneak away to his room, like he’d wanted to do ever since they’d arrived. So he set down his mug of hot chocolate and entered his room, closing the door after him. He heaved a sigh of relief knowing that he could finally let his face express how he truly felt.
He missed Lyn-Z so much.
Of all the days she had to be on tour, of all the days he had to be free…his birthday…
It made him so upset that he couldn’t be with her. On the entire car ride to the hotel he’d been looking out the window, picturing them together; holding hands walking down the sidewalk. How sweet…
He walked over to his full length mirror that hung near his bed. First examining his eyeliner, which had made its way into the folds of his eyelids. He smudged it away roughly and moved on to his tousled hair. “A bit greasy,” he thought, and he fingered it slowly. He continued to stare at himself sadly and think of Lyn-Z, until Ray’s voice awoke him from his trance.
“Gerard, are you getting cake and ice-cream?”
“Yeah, be there in a minute!” He called without talking his eyes off the mirror.
He sighed and straightened out his shirt. Putting on his mask of false happiness once again, he exited his room.
Everything was already set up and ready for a nice desert. Ray’s blackened cake, Frank’s brownies, and the ice-cream. Seated around the table was everyone, watching him intently as though he was a wild creature. He made his way over to them and sat down grabbing a slice of cake and a scoop of ice-cream. They ate in almost complete silence. Just a random complimentary comment here and there, which only earned a nod or grunt of approval from someone else. Finally, Frank asked the dreading question again,
“Gerard, are you ok?”
“Yeah,” he replied, “It’s been a long day…a good long day. I had a great time….Thank you.” He was talking to everyone now.
“You’re very welcome.” Mikey smiled at his brother warmly.
“Hard to believe…31 years…” Frank said.
“You know he probably hates hearing that number,” Bob chuckled.
“I know,” Frank grinned, “That’s why I said it.”
Gerard smirked at his comment and finished his last bite of cake. He got up and put the plate in the sink. Then he made his way to his room again.
“But really, thanks a lot, I mean it. Goodnight.”
“See ya in the morning,” Ray smiled.
With that, Gerard left them and closed the door. As soon as he was alone, his shoulders slumped and he let his anxiety show. He drooped over to his computer desk and sat down, opening his e-mail.

“You have (1) new message in your Inbox”

He opened it impassively, not knowing anything about it. Then he realized who it was from and he sat up much straighter…

Hey babe,
I hope your having a great birthday. Miss you to pieces, I really wish I could be with you.
Love ya,
~Lyn-Z

Gerard smiled,
She did care.
Sign up to rate and review this story