Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 25: All My Feelings Exposed

by VikkiMole 7 reviews

If anything, Patrick is an adorable drunk. He regresses, I’m sure. He found absolutely everything funny and had to point that out to everyone else.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-23 - Updated: 2007-12-23 - 1403 words

0Unrated
My Chemical Romance played a good solid half hour, Gerard not stopping once. Frank was crazy. Had no idea that in such a little bundle came such amazing energy. He was everywhere. Bouncing off of Ray in a blinding guitar solo. Leaning with his back against Mikey, who refused to look up from his bass. Pouncing Gerard and screaming lyrics into his shoulder. At one point he almost knocked Bob over with a highly dramatic twirl. The crowd pulsated and moved together. No longer a mess of bodies but one single unit. It was one of the most intense things I’d ever seen.

Patrick’s hold tightened on my hand, trying to get my attention. I turned my head and caught a full on close up of his sparkling blue eyes. The corners of his lips turned up, revealing a few teeth. Placing his nose in my hair and his lips to my neck, he whispered gutturally.

‘Pete…’ He croaked, one hand in my back pocket, ‘That was amazing’

‘Yeah’ I nodded, laughing lightly at the tickling effect of his voice, ‘It was pretty cool’

‘Thank you’ Patrick’s lips brushed my upper jaw

‘For what?’ I asked, putting my hand on his hat

‘All of this’ His breath gave me goosebumps

I half considered giving Joe the credit but technically, for this aspect of the party, I was responsible. I wasn’t even sure where Joe was. He’d pulled a Houdini again or was engulfed by the masses. Many of the kids who came at the beginning were starting to leave, making me wonder if they’d only came to see the band rather than to see Patrick. I let my lips brush his forehead lightly, pulling his body to mine in a hard, swift hug. He wrapped his arms around me.

We stayed in that position for the remainder of the night. Not exactly in the hug position, of course. Patrick was stood in front of me, facing away from me, and I had my arms wrapped around him. He was warm, and cosy. I swear I could’ve just fallen asleep against his back. I was rather tired but there’s no way I could’ve left. First of all, it was Patrick’s party so it was kind of a tradition of sorts for the owner of said party to stay until the end. Therefore, I could not leave because I was not going without Patrick.

The celebrations soon died down, leaving only Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob, Ray, Joe, Andy, Rebecca, Me and Patrick. There were a few people still hanging around the stairs but I didn’t recognize any of them. Rebecca was talking to Gerard. Well, Rebecca was actually very very deep in conversation. She stared at him intently, like he was telling her the secret to life. Gerard was just as wrapped up in it all, though his eyes kept ghosting over her face, moving from her lips back up to her eyes then down to her lips again.I was in a half a mind to warn him that she was unavailable but I’m sure Rebecca had already filled him in on that. Rebecca was nice and, drunk as she seemed, she didn’t appear to be the type to cheat. I mean, I don’t think she is.

I was pretty sure everyone was drunk. Gerard definitely was, his swaying gave him away pretty easily. Rebecca was, her giggling seemed to be more frequent than usual. Patrick was too, it was crystal clear that Patrick was. He had his hand still latched into my pocket and his eyes were glazed over. From time to time he planted chaste kisses on my lips but mostly they landed on my chin. I didn’t mind. If anything, Patrick is an adorable drunk. He regresses, I’m sure. He found absolutely everything funny and had to point that out to everyone else. I laughed, gripping him tighter for fear of him falling on his ass.

I, however, was completely sober. Like I’d said before, I’m straight edge. I was also the designated driver and it was my duty to make sure that Patrick was to arrive at my place safe and sound. A noise from the corner distracted my attention. It was a squeak followed by some music being played. Turning my eyes in the direction of the noise I found Mikey. He had his hand clutched around some random cheap german beerbottle and his other hand slung around Bob’s shoulder. He was laughing like a maniac. Pulling Patrick with me, I went to investigate. On approaching I heard the most terrible noise I have heard in my entire life. Playing from Bob’s phone was a song from the horrid harpie herself.

‘Bob!’ I screamed, making Patrick jump, ‘How dare you!?’

‘Hey,’ He shrugged, trying to shove Mikey off, ‘It’s catchy’

‘Ittttttttt Suuuuucks’ Mikey slured, coming to my defence, and.. winking at me?

‘Agreed’ Ray yawned, rubbing at his afro that bounced around his head

‘No way!’ Bob argued, turning up the volume, ‘It’s cool.. Really’

‘No, it’s not!’ Gerard and Rebecca called in unison, both then turning to look at each other before adding, ‘Jinx!’

I snorted, wondering how the hell the two of them got so close in such a short time. My question was quickly answered on noticing the plastic bag full of alcohol she was carrying on entering was indeed now just an empty plastic bag. Both drunk, unbelievably drunk. I wasn’t even sure they knew what they were doing, where they were or even who they were. I smiled into Patrick’s head as he burried his nose into my chest.

‘You okay?’ I asked, rubbing his back

‘’m sleepy’ He giggled, sending a shiver across my front

I was about to answer back before the crowd of random teenagers started emiting some worried noises. Honestly, I thought there was a fight brewing and the last thing I wanted was for Patrick to get caught up in it on his birthday. So, I moved him over to the corner of the stage next to where Frank was sitting, cell phone to his ear. Patrick waved enthusiastically at him before lying down and closing his eyes. I kissed him lightly on the cheek and turned my attention back to the trouble.

‘Get the fuck out of my way!’ An angry yell erupted from the pack

I looked to Gerard, searching for some support in helping me defuse the situation but my eyes caught Rebecca’s expression. She was terrified. Frozen to the spot, like a deer in the headlights. A single tear ran down her face as she looked at me. I saw her mouth the words, ‘He found me’. Before long, the behemoth of a man pushed his way to our location. His hand so quickly snapped out to grib Rebecca’s wrist so tight that it clearly hurt her. She whimpered, face screwed up in pain. I was going to help her but her eyes pleaded with me, telling me not to try. The man sneered, tugging her hard behind him.

‘Who’s Joe?’ He belowed to the gathering, almost instantly, Joe was pushed out into the open.

Joe turned around, trying to fight his way back into hiding but failed as the kids pushed him back out. This only resulted in him landing on his ass at the guy’s feet. He stood up, trying not to look as defenceless as he was. Joe was only seventeen for christ sake and this guy was obviously in his early forties. He cowered slightly, scared by the high difference. Before Joe could open his mouth a fist connected with it. Joe hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. His body was limp, but a his fingers shot up to nurse his new wound.

‘Alex!’ Rebecca called, trying to bend down and help Joe, ‘Stop it’

‘Shut up you bitch’ Alex’s hand caught in her hair and he pulled her out towards the exit

She screamed, trying to get him to let go, crying for mercy he wasn’t willing to give. I was scared, half wanting to follow, half wanting to stay safe. I chose the former, giving chase along with Gerard who was already way ahead of me.
Sign up to rate and review this story