Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Semiotic Love (I'll Love Whatever Breaks My Heart)

Chapter 3

by another_disaster 4 reviews

Kyler and Gerard meet again. But not in the most ideal situation.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-12-23 - Updated: 2007-12-24 - 2288 words

0Unrated
Author's P.O.V.

March 22nd 2003

A week had passed and he was doing everything in his power to stop him from thinking about MCR, to stop thinking about Gerard. He just couldn't believe what he saw that day, he was shocked and the feelings just flooded back to him. What he felt when he was with Gerard and what he felt when he left him. He had obviously done well for himself, he was in a famous band and he looked - Amazing. Kyler shook his head, he shouldn't be thinking about him. Gerard didn't deserve for him to feel anything towards him. He's the one that left me and it was so long ago. Kyler thought and sighed, lying down on the sofa with his arm behind his head as the music swam around the room. He silently sang along to Coma White. No one knew but he was a huge Marilyn Manson fan and he despised Drew for getting to interview him - he always got the good artists. Kyler quietly laughed to himself at his experiences with his own interviews, he always got the snobby teenagers. He sighed and remembered when he was that age and then Gerard popped into his head.

He hadn't been able to sleep since he had seen their video on TV last week, Gerard had infected his dreams and was worming his way back into Kyler's heart with out even doing anything. Kyler couldn't let this happen, he couldn't go through what he did again - it would be too much.

"Get the fuck out of my head!" Kyler groaned and grabbed the nearest pillow - smothering himself with it and then the phone rang, echoing through the room and bouncing off the walls. "Fucking stupid callers!"

Kyler slowly got up, hoping the phone would stop ringing once he had reached it but no such luck. He sighed and snatched the receiver from it's holder and grunted a 'hello'.

"Hey Kyler, it's Joey. You didn't return my call so I thought I'd try again." Joey announced cheerfully down the phone. Oh my god, I'm in fucking hell I swear. Kyler thought and put on a fake, sweet voice and he spoke to one of his previous dates.

"Oh, sorry. I've been really busy with work." Kyler lied.

"It's ok, I totally understand. I was thinking I'm not doing anything tonight and I would really like to see you again, so do you want to go to dinner with me? Please?" Joey almost begged. He sounded so pathetic it would make Kyler guilty if he said no, he sighed and just gave in. It can't be as bad as last time - I hope.

"Sure, pick me up at seven? You remember where I live, right?" Kyler asked, brushing his hair from his face and made a disgusted face as his hair felt horrible and so un-clean.

"Yeah I do, well see you then. Thanks."

"Bye." Kyler sighed and put the phone back, glancing at the clock. He had two hours to get ready. Plenty of time, I'm not like Gerard. Kyler was shocked at what he had just thought, he remembered so clearly it was scary. How Gerard would smile, brush his hair back for him and took too much time to get ready. Kyler smiled at the thought, how it was with him - who he thought he had loved. Kyler shrugged and walked upstairs, trying to forget about the man that had left him and had forgotten about him.

---


Gerard sat quietly on the bed in his bedroom, he could hear the constant bangs and curses from the room next to his. Something was obviously not going right for Tony and he just hoped he wouldn't take it out on him tonight, just one night with out being violently abused and beaten would be heaven for Gerard. He stared at his reflection in the mirror opposite him and gently ran his slender fingers across the bruise that had almost completely faded and let the first tear fall. He quickly wiped it away and took a deep breath trying to calm himself down. Things will change, I know they will. I just have to be patient. Gerard thought to himself, he had made himself believe this for a year now and yet nothing had changed and he still believed it would. He wouldn't give up, he couldn't give up - he was trapped and scared.

"Gerard!" Tony shouted from his room as he made his way into Gerard's room, looking down at the man on the bed and smiling. "I'm taking you out tonight, to say sorry for everything. I'm so sorry about - you know. I promise it will never happen again. Get ready and we'll head out."

With that Gerard nodded and Tony left him on his own. He always promised it would never happen again but it always did happen again. He will change. This had wormed it's way into Gerard's head and he truly believed it.

Ten minutes later, Gerard was ready to go. He had put little make-up on, tight black jeans and top. He didn't want to keep Tony waiting, he didn't want to spoil the good mood he was in. Gerard slowly walked downstairs, listening for where Tony was. As he reached the bottom of the stairs he almost screamed as Tony just popped up on front of him, giving him a light peck on the lips.

"You look stunning, lets go." Tony announced, taking Gerard's hand and pulling him out to the car.

After a ten minute drive of awkward silence they arrived outside a restaurant called Twilight. It was a strange name for a restaurant Gerard thought and closed the door after he got out of the car.

"It's a new restaurant, they're meant to be really good." Tony said, taking Gerard's hand once again and walking into the restaurant hand-in-hand. After they were seated at the table by a young looking man who's name was Eric, from what his name tag said they gazed at the menu but Gerard already knew what he was eating. A few minutes later Eric came to their table and asked for their orders.

"I'll have the salad, please." Gerard said, just above a whisper whilst he tried to ignore Tony looking at the waiter.

"I'll have salad as well but with the chicken, tender please - I like my meat tender." Tony winked, taking Gerard's menu and handing them to Eric - grazing his thumb over the waiters hand who smiled shyly and nodded, leaving the two alone. Tony took his jacket off, leaning to the side obviously trying to get a good view of their waiter. Gerard felt the need to speak up but he didn't dare, he knew what Tony was like it was harmless flirting. Or so he thought.

"Well I guess you're wondering why I decided to take you out tonight?" Tony asked, taking a sip from his wine glass and smiling weakly - rummaging through his jacket.

"Umm I guess so." Gerard quietly replied, staring down at the table.

"Well I wanted to ask you something - I mean we've been together quite a while now."

"Yeah I guess we have." Gerard smiled weakly, looking around the restaurant and was distracted by the laughter coming from the booth next to them. The laugh sounded so familiar but he just couldn't recognize it.

"Gerard, did you hear me?" Tony asked, a little pissed off that Gerard was ignoring him.

"Sorry, I got distracted what did you say?" Gerard asked, glancing over at Tony who has his fist clenched round something he couldn't fully see.

"Well I just asked if you wanted to marry me but no, fuck it and fuck you. Get up, we're leaving." Tony growled, snatching his jacket that was lying next to him and got up. Gerard sat there, shocked. From what he had just asked him and that he knew he had just ruined Tony's mood. He was scared more then anything, he was angry again which only meant one thing - more abuse.

"N-No Tony, please don't. I'm s-sorry." Gerard begged quietly, his eyes filling with tears as Tony grabbed his arm and yanked him up from his seat, causing Gerard to stumble forwards into him.

"We're going now." Tony whispered harshly into Gerard's ear, digging his nails into his arm and pushing him forwards towards the door.

"Tony get off me!" Gerard shrieked and pulled his arm free from Tony's grip. He clasped his hand over his mouth quickly, regretting what he had just said.

"I'll do what ever I fucking want to, now move!" Tony screamed, which had earned them every ones attention in the restaurant.

All the waiters stood nervously aside and the customers stared at them. A few of the customers were shifting nervously in their seats, grabbing their coats ready to leave. Tony glared at Gerard, who was backing away slowly and tried to run out of the door but Tony had quickly grabbed his arm and dragged him back. Before anyone could tell what had happened, Gerard fell back on the floor with blood flowing from his lip. Tony took in a deep breath, shaking his hand what he had just used to hit Gerard and headed towards Gerard - pulling him up and throwing him out of the restaurant. Gerard fell down the few stairs, his long hair flying as his head hit the second step and he now lay on the side walk, groaning with pain and shaking from fright. Gerard moved a little, the pain searing through his body and started to crawl away but his arms gave way and he lay half-conscious on the floor - watching as Tony hovered over him, his eyes burning with anger and his face red with fury. Before Tony could do or say anything a voice interrupted them from the restaurant entrance.

"Oh my god, Gerard?!" A familiar voice called and Gerard looked up only to see a blurred figure standing in front of a yellow light - which must have been coming from the restaurant.

"Who the fuck are you?" Tony hissed, standing up and turning to face the mystery man.

"I'm a... friend. What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" The stranger screamed and Gerard could only groan in pain, he wished he could thank the man for stopping Tony - for now.

"This is none of your fucking business. What the hell is your name kid?" Tony asked, kicking his feet on the ground and at that moment Gerard had passed out cold, his body sluggishly lying on the side-walk.

"Kyler, I think you should leave him alone. Get the hell away from him." Kyler screamed, walking over to Gerard who he noticed was now unconscious and had a nasty cut on his head which was bleeding quite a lot, covering his face in blood as it slowly trickled down the bridge of his nose and onto his swollen cheek.

"You must be the fucker he's seeing behind my back, you know what - fuck you both. Take this dirty piece of shit. I don't need him or care about the whore." Tony screamed, pushing Kyler and punching him hard in the face, leaving Kyler on the ground and walked past him - not taking another look at neither Kyler or Gerard and got into his car, swerving down the road. Kyler quickly ran over to Gerard, kneeling down and rummaging through his pockets until he found a tissue, he placed it on Gerard's head which was badly cut and applied pressure to stop the bleeding. He bought his hand up to his own cheek and winced in pain as he could feel the tissue already bruised.

"Oh my god." Kyler whispered, looking down at the hurt man on the floor and jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up briefly to see a worried Joey looking down at him and Gerard.

"What the hell happened?" Joey asked, worried.

"Nothing, can you take us home please? I need to get him cleaned up - he's pretty bad." Kyler asked, panic flowing through his voice.

"Yeah sure, come on." Joey replied, helping Kyler get Gerard up and into the car. As they drove towards Kyler's, Gerard was in the back of the car his head resting on the others mans legs as Kyler tried to clean up the wound the best he could with little he had to do so.

"We're here. I'll help you take him in." Joey quickly said.

After the ten minutes it took to get Gerard inside Kyler's and into the bedroom, Kyler was rummaging through his cupboards - searching for antiseptics and anything that would help heal the cut. Kyler ran into the bedroom, dropping what he had in his arms onto the bed and picked up a piece of tissue, drowning it with the antiseptic and placed it on the cut on Gerard's forehead. Gerard moved a little and hissed from the pain, but he wasn't fully awake yet. His eyes drifted open and closed looking up at Kyler but he still couldn't see clearly, he couldn't bring himself to speak and he quickly drifted of to a deep sleep. He was physically and emotionally drained.

"I should go, are you ok? Want me to call an ambulance or the police? Anything." Joey asked, standing at Kyler's bedroom door. Kyler looked up and shook his head, tears streamed down his face as he looked down at the beauty before him. With that Joey silently left and Kyler was left to care for Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story