Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 28: Like I’ll Never Be The Same

by VikkiMole 4 reviews

‘Blow me’ Patrick snorted ‘Pardon?’ I practically choked, causing Patrick to make a squeaking noise in the back of his throat

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-25 - Updated: 2007-12-25 - 1189 words

1Original
Rebecca hardly swung around after that, only to take his blood or move his charts. Everytime, Gerard gave her a short, pained look before averting his gaze. I felt sorry for him. Gerard was a sweet guy. He always had everyone else’s best interests at heart. Putting everyone ahead of him. Maybe he went about kicking Bexz’s husband’s ass the wrong way but he did mean well. Hell, if I wasn’t such a pussy I would’ve been to the rescue. I was kind of the backup saviour. Story of my life, huh?

‘You don’t have to stay with me…’ Gerard mumbled, slipping himself down in the hospital bedsheets, checking his watch, ‘Go catch the last few minutes of Pat’s birthday’

‘He hates that nickname’ I snorted, shaking my head, ‘I’ve already called him. He’s staying at Joe’s. Besides, I want to keep you company’

‘Speaking of company,’ He pouted, looking around, ‘I noticed that none of my band brethren are here. Not to mention my actual brother’

‘They’re all just as wasted as you’ I hooted, rubbing my eyes, ‘They’ll probably crash in Joe’s basement. Anyway, I’m glad I’m here. I won’t be there to clean up the aftermath’

‘Well,’ He yawned, burying himself further, ‘I’m going to hit the hay. Oh wait, I’m already in bed! Hospitals rule..’

‘Just shut your eyes and get snoring already’ I laughed, getting myself comfortable in the squeaky red leather armchair, ‘I’m tired too’

‘Well…’ He rubbed his elbow, ‘I can’t sleep with you watching me’

‘Jesus Christ’ I sighed, spinning the chair to face away from him, leaning awkwardly on the arm, ‘Goodnight pirate scum’

‘Goodnight’ He yawned, adding for good measure, ‘Ninja traitor’

That was the beginning of the worst night sleep I’ve ever had in my life. I swear. Have you ever seen the film Chicago? Know the Cellblock Tango? It was like the entire of the ward was doing their own rendition of it, all night. All I could hear was the leaky tap, the asshole who spent all night coughing, clicking shoes and worst of all Gerard snored. Like, really snored. I tried shuting him up, really I did. I put my hand over his mouth but he bit me, hard. This was just evidence towards the rumour that he was a vampire. God, I hope he doesn’t have rabies.

When I final got to sleep I was awaken by a commotion from Alex’s bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked over. He was out of his bed, all black and blue, towering over Rebecca who was now on the floor. She was gripping her face and crying. People were shouting. Gerard was already there.

‘Back the fuck off before I knock your damn teeth out all over again’ Gerard growled, holding on to Rebecca, ‘Somebody call security’

Alex too a step towards her and Gerard stiked again. The noise of the impact was painful in itself. Alex fell back onto the floor at the foot of his bed. Strangely, Rebecca didn’t look angry this time. She grabbed Gerard’s leg and pulled him down beside her. Hospital security burst throught the ward doors and removed Alex from the room. I hear something about assaulting staff and I could have sworn I heard the word imprisonment.

‘What the hell just happened?’ Gerard held Bexz in his arms, gently and carefully

‘Nothing…’ She mumbled, trying to stand back up but Gerard refused to let go

‘You can’t say that was just nothing’ I chimed in, joining them both on the floor

‘I… I deserved that…’ She sighed, still trying to free herself

‘How could you have possibly fucking deserved that?’ Gerard was livid, balling his hands into fists

‘He called you a bastard…’ Rebecca barely whispered, prizing herself free, ‘I told him you were a nice guy and he accused me of fucking you. So, just drop it’

She was gone. Out the ward. Still following her husband around like a little lost puppy. I sighed. I was right, the bad guy almost always wins and the nice guy, as she described Gerard, finishes last. Gerard didn’t get up this time. Just sat on the floor, staring into space. I put my hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off, tipping his head down. He exhaled noisily before dragging himself back to his bed. There was a thousand things I could say. Passing comments just to get the conversation going. ‘Don’t worry about it, man’ ‘Well, she thinks you’re nice’ ‘Can you believe that asshole?’ None of these were really appropriate. Gerard started instead.

‘No reason for the both us to be miserable’ He grumbled, not looking at me, ‘You go home to Trick. I’ll be fine’

‘You sure…?’ I actually half wanted to stay, ‘Cause I could…’

‘Just go’ He ended, crossing his arms, ‘I’ll be fine… I suppose maybe Mikey’ll come see me…’

‘Okay…’ I was defeated, grabbing my hoodie off of the chair, I stopped at the foot of the bed, ‘You’ll get her… You deserve her, man…’

He nodded and waved goodbye before returning to stare at nothing in particular. I wish I could help. I meant what I said. He really did deserve her. Gerard was a gentleman. A real gent. He had manners, guess that’s more than I got. He would never hit a girl. Hell, he found it hard to hit guys. Total pacifist. Well, sort of. I couldn’t believe that she would go back to him time after time. Conditioning, I guess. He’d conditioned her to believe that no one else would want her. That kept her in line. Fucking asshole.

Annoyed and a little hungry, I called Patrick. It was a bit early but I did say I’d be there A.S.A.P. It seemed like the phone was ringing forever, when he answered he sounded as bad as I felt. Hangover clear in his voice I almost laughed at his grogginess.

‘m ello?’ Patrick blurted

‘Hey there’ I answered, sounding far too cheerful in contrast

‘Hey Pe-uh-te’ He retorted, half a chuckle in his voice

‘Hey…’ I repeated, ‘I’m coming over now. Gerard’s doing fine. I’ve got some things to tell you though. Surprisingly eventful morning’

There were some muffled sounds in background that I could faintly hear. Patrick giggled, half asleep.

‘Blow me’ Patrick snorted

‘Pardon?’ I practically choked, causing Patrick to make a squeaking noise in the back of his throat

‘Oh.. Not you!’ Patrick covered himself, ‘Uh.. Joe..’

‘Oh, okay’ I felt a slight wave of relief hit me, partially from the sheer randomness of it

‘Don’t sound disappointed’ Patrick joked, Joe snorted nasally

‘I…’ I blushed, shaking my head, ‘Uh.. Well.. I’m coming over, kay?’

‘Kay’ Patrick hooted, ‘Bye…’

‘Loverboy!’ Joe called, followed by an ‘Ouch!’

‘Bye’ I answered, about to hang up

‘Hey..Patrick…No!’ Joe called, ending the phonecall
Sign up to rate and review this story