Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Shut Up And Kiss Me

by Silvana 4 reviews

Christmas One shot.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2007-12-26 - Updated: 2007-12-26 - 953 words - Complete

0Unrated
Shut Up And Kiss Me

There is a song that says, ”All I want for Christmas is you.” I think I’m correct in saying that it is every girl’s dream that someday some one will sing, or say, if they’re not so hot at singing, those words to them. I’m just like every other girl.
My name’s Emily. Twenty-one years old and single. It’s Christmas Eve, and I’m sitting in Times Square, freezing. I’m waiting for someone. Waiting for a boy someone. Waiting for a boy someone to stop sucking face with a redhead and get over here, so he can take me home.
Oh he’s not my “other half”, or any “significant other”. He’s one of my best friends. I’ve known him since forever, on account of our parents being friends and our older siblings being friends. But he’s meant to be escorting me home. That was the condition on which I came with him. Going out with him isn’t exactly the biggest fun for me, ‘cause he gets wasted then gets off with some girl. Which is like a stab in the heart every time. Well no, more like a stab in the back. That’s where friends hurt you isn’t it?
You know I said he wasn’t my “other half”, or any “significant other”. Well that’s true, but I wish it wasn’t. I’ve been in what I call love and my Mom calls infatuation since about sixth grade. He’s just… I don’t know. How’d do you describe it? He’s never gonna be classed as a hunk; he’s cute in a dorky way. He’s not the next Elvis, but I love his singing voice. He’s not a comedian, but he always makes me laugh. And his eyes…His soul shines through them.
“Em!” He had come up to me, and I hadn’t realised. I saw the girl walking off with an older guy. A much older guy.
“What happened to her?” I asked, nodding at the girl in question, while attempting to prevent my teeth from chattering. He shrugged. He was close enough to smell. No alcohol. Weird. He just smelt of cigarettes and aftershave. Like a lot of boys I know.
“Found someone else I guess,” was his short reply. I sighed, standing up, shivering and stamping my feet.
“Can we go now then?” I asked impatiently. He stood up and bent over to whisper something in my ear. I missed it. “Huh?”
He smiled crookedly at me. “Em…” He stopped, appearing to start thinking.
“Yeah Mikes?” I asked, folding my arms, my breath turning white in the cold air.
“I- never mind.” He looked away. I shrugged to myself and stamped my feet, in a last ditch attempt to become warm once more. He turned and watched me, his hazel eyes flicking up and down.
“You’re such a girl Em,” he told me. “If you’re that cold come here.” He flung out an arm. I accepted his offer, as any sane person would. And it wasn’t just so I had a legitimate excuse to get close to him. It was because if I didn’t I would become a living statue of ice. Well, maybe getting close to him had a little bit to do with it. But, hey, I’m his best friend; I have a legitimate excuse everyday.
We finally started to walk in the direction of the train station. It was slow progress as he kept stopping to comment on the Christmas lights. His comment generally being, “Oooh, shiny.”
“Mistletoe!” A man with a tray full of the seasonal plant walked past us and then stopped. “You sir. Buy some for your girl.”
I, being sensible, began to explain that we weren’t together. Mikey, being insane, decided to get his wallet out and buy some. We then proceeded to the train station, whilst he twirled the sprig of mistletoe in his hand.
“Em?”
“Yeah?” I asked, my teeth starting to chatter.
“We’ve never kissed have we?”
I stopped dead in the street, watching him curiously, as he paused in front of me. “If we had I’d be offended that you’d forgotten,” I quipped.
He looked at me. I can honestly say that our eyes collided. “Can we?” His voice was almost a whisper, but I heard him.
“W-what?” I stammered, my heart suddenly racing.
He shook his head. “Forget it.” And he walked on, dropping the mistletoe to the floor, leaving me standing in the middle of the street; staring at him.
I knelt down and picked it up. It was so fragile. So easy to destroy. Not unlike a friendship. I discarded it and ran to catch up with him. “Why?” I queried.
He began to say something but then leant over and pressed his lips against mine. For a few seconds time stood still, before my brain realised what was happening. When it did, it kicked into action, informing my hands that they should be running through his hair and pulling him closer, and telling my lips to start reacting. For once, my body listened to my brain.
When we broke apart, my cheeks were flushed, and not just from the cold. We looked at each other awkwardly for a few seconds before he told me earnestly, “ All I want for Christmas is-“
“Yeah?” I asked him hopefully, looking up.
“A date with Storm from X-men,” he finished with a small grin. “But I guess you’d do instead.”
I gently punched him in the arm. “Shut up and kiss me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story