Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

At Rest

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Written for the week 2 prompt at the bleach_contest community on LiveJournal; Rest. Kuchiki Byakuya watches his lover sleep, and reflects upon a few things. Byakuya/Ichigo

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kuchiki Byakuya,Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2007-12-27 - Updated: 2007-12-28 - 601 words - Complete

0Unrated
At Rest
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl



Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publisher, and Viz. All characters are over the age of 18 in this work of fiction. Me, I just play with the characters for fun.


A/N: Written for the week two prompt over at the bleach_contest community on LiveJournal; Rest. I went a little out of my comfort zone on this, since I don't normally ship these two, nor have I ever written for the esteemed captain of the Sixth division. Kuchiki Byakuya watches his lover sleep, and reflects upon a few things. Byakuya/Ichigo.


0o0o0o0o0o


Kuchiki Byakua entered his bedchamber, pausing to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. Once he could see enough to to pick out details, the noble Soul Reaper nodded approvingly. His servants had once again performed their duties to their – and his – high standards.


A soft snore interrupted his thoughts, and the Sixth Division captain looked towards his bed. Only a head of very familiar orange hair showed above the covers. His newly-found lover, Kurosaki Ichigo, was deeply asleep. Curled up on his side, facing away from Byakuya, the younger man was the source of the snores.


Though he could easily do it in the darkness, the noble lit a small candle to undress by; allowing him the opportunity to watch the substitute shinigami rest. In the weeks and months since their improbable relationship began, Byakuya could count on one hand the number of times that he had seen Ichigo actually rest. The sleep snatched at odd moments on the battlefield was not particularly restful, and when the two of them were alone together, they were more involved in ...being intimate. Rest was usually the furthest thing from their thoughts at those moments.


Reaching up, he removed his /kenseiken/, giving his head a small shake to allow his long hair to flow free. As he laid it on the table, Ichigo rolled onto his back. The noble now had an unobstructed view of his lover's sleeping face, and Byakuya did not hesitate to take shameless advantage of his obliviousness to watch the other man sleep. It was rare for the guarded young man to allow anyone, even his own lover, a chance to see him in a vulnerable moment.


For once, there was no scowl on the substitute Soul Reaper's face. He did not look like he was perpetually angry or irritated (or both)with the world at large. At this moment, Ichigo's face was smooth, unguarded. He looked relaxed; very much like the care-free young man he was supposed to be. Not like a warrior upon whose shoulders the fate of the universe rested.


Byakuya, continuing his preparations to join his lover in bed, was of two minds regarding that resting face. First, he ached that Ichigo was called to fight in this war, surrendering his chances for a normal life. And second, a fierce love and caring for his lover; alover who trusted him enough to allow him the opportunity to see vulnerable moments such as these. It was enough to humble even the proudest of nobles.


Sliding into the warm bed, Byakuya was rewarded with a strong arm snaking across his chest.


“Bya...,”asked a sleepy voice.


“Yes, Ichigo,” rumbled Byakuya, feeling his lover shiver slightly at the low whiskey-over-velvet tone of his voice. “I'm home. Go back to sleep.”


“'...Kay.” The drowsy pleasure in his lover's voice made the noble smile as Ichigo nuzzled closer before drifting back off.


Now Byakuya himself could rest.
Sign up to rate and review this story