Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors

Twelve Days of Christmas

by Eternatis 0 reviews

On the first day of Christmas, Jill got a postcard dated September.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Jill,Leon - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-12-30 - Updated: 2007-12-30 - 332 words - Complete

0Unrated
On the first day of Christmas, Jill got a postcard dated September, with Leon's usual inky-millipede-death handwriting smudged and blurred like someone had dropped it in a puddle. It was probably Leon. As far as she could tell, all it said was that Leon would do something that she wasn't going to try too hard to work out before he spent winter in Saint Petersburg, and he'd tell her where he was going when he got there.

On the third day of Christmas, Jill finally revised an annoyed email to the point where she didn’t think it was going to blind Leon when he finally got to a computer and read it - although, having seen Leon's décor, she had to say that nothing could blind him - and sent it.

On the seventh day of Christmas, Jill finally had a day off. She spent it doing her Christmas shopping, and wasted an hour trying to pick out something for Leon before she remembered herself. By the ninth day of Christmas though, she had his present organised and emailed to him; every recent case she could find that had a suspicious, animal related death. The Chief had dropped a list on her desk a couple of days ago, which made the job faster. She couldn't imagine what Leon would say when he saw it.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Jill did her usual round of phone calls, wishing family and friends she wouldn't see a merry Christmas. She spent ten minutes looking at her phone, checking her decorations, looking at her case files, and looking at her phone, then gave in and called Leon. There was no answer.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Jill was woken up by her phone at three o'clock in the morning. When she answered it, it was Leon's voice on the other end, laughing, and she was already grinning before she heard what he was saying - "I did it! I found him!"
Sign up to rate and review this story