Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Camera Caught You

by silencing 1 review

The girls deal with the aftermath

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-01-02 - Updated: 2008-01-03 - 2058 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n- So. Apparently the one thing my job is good for is providing me time to write. Between the late night shifts where I don’t have to do anything and the characters
practically begging me to write them out, I don’t even have control anymore. This chapter was basically written in a day and a half, which hasn’t happened to me since I started this whole thing. I guess it’s only fair though since I’ve been so bad about updates recently. So…here we go

Reviews…I love them. I appreciate them so much, and they make me want to continue writing so thank you to everyone who takes the extra moment to drop me a line.

*

Nikol woke the next morning to a strange and probably imagined sight. She assumed it was imagined because she was in a hotel bed, and she could swear that the person next to her looked uncannily like Ryan.

After a quick clothes check, where she discovered everything was the way she had left it, her mind decided to emerge through the alcohol-induced haze and remind her of what had happened the night before.

They had arrived at the lanes and she and Dani had immediately hit the bar. After that, Danielle had proceeded to kick everyone’s ass, and Nikol had come to the realisation that a few cups of Guinness didn’t help her dismal bowling skills at all, but it made the sport oh so much more fun.

At some point, her friend had disappeared, which left Nik in an awkward place socially. But one cup of liquid courage later, she finally loosened up and started interacting normally with everyone at the lanes. Somewhere along this line – the details were fuzzy – Ryan had started giving her bowling tip. He wasn’t that great, but was obviously better than Nikol.

Nikol had always admired Ryan, and her established crush on him was intellectual, not physical. She lied the way he thought, the intelligence and the thought that that he put into the music he wrote and his devotion to his craft. Meeting the man that was that creative and musically talented had been an honour, but interacting with him…well that was a different story. She had managed to suppress any and all fan girl urges, even though everyone on the outside was convinced that was the only reason she was on tour.

She chose to ignore the sceptics and try to pursuer a friendship with the young boy that she kind of idolised. They had hung out for the rest of the night at the alley, and when they headed back to the hotel, he had causally invited her back to his room for some room service, since they were still floating somewhere in mid conversation.

They had settled in and ordered the typical late night snack, and then Ryan had continued his interrogation.
Mostly he asked her about what her life had been like. Where she had grown up, what she liked to do in high school, which aroused many a story about her ridiculous drama friends and her small bout of cheerleading. She had tried to ask him about things she didn’t know already, but he kept turning the focus back to her. She was okay with this since she tended to talk a mile a minute when she was nervous, and at the moment, she was shaking in her boots.

She told him about the lock in she had gone through at her brand new high school, which was the day she had met Danielle, whom she had originally taken to be self-important but learned that it was just a front. She talked about her travels after graduation, and how she had eventually settled down in Arizona again, needed a year to collect her finances. He listened carefully and interjected with his own stories every now and then. To be honest, it had been one of the best conversations she had ever had in her life, and he seemed so incredibly easy to talk to.

She supposed that’s why she never noticed how late it was getting until her eyes started to droop and her energy was completely sucked out of her body. When she tried to excuse herself back to her room, Ryan barely had time to help her stand as her energy gave out on her and she almost fell over. Apparently the tour had taken its toll on her, she couldn’t remember the last time she had been this exhausted. Ryan had walked to back to the bed, and insisted that she stay the night there, and once she hit the sheets she was out like a light.

She sighed as she sat up. She was going to have difficulty explaining this one to Danielle. She slowly stood from the bed, trying not to wake up Ryan, seeing as he had already done so much for her, she didn’t want to deprive him of any of his sleep. She walked slowly and quietly towards the door, wondering what Danielle was going to say when she saw her.

*

Dani woke up the next morning, groggy from the long night her body had just endured. Her upper body was sore and her head was throbbing, but she wasn’t entirely sure of why that was. The morning haze always erased old memories, so as her head cleared and her senses awoke, so did her memory.

Slowly, her mind located the reason why her upper right arm was throbbing more that usual. Hurling a twelve pound bowling ball down a lane numerous times was bound to pull any unadjusted muscle.

The memories continued, which explained why her lips were so swollen. The sudden onslaught of memories of her conversation with Brendon and the following action he had taken caught her by surprise. There was no way that it could be true, and the only thing that could convince her was her bee stung lips and the memory of how his lips felt on hers.

Part of her could have sworn that he had initiated the whole thing, but her memories were constantly wrong after a couple of drinks. The whole idea that she had acted on some stupid whim scared her. She needed to talk to Brendon and soon, but first she needed a pep talk from her best friend.

She quickly rose from bed wondering where exactly Nikol was, because her hotel bed was unusually vacant. She padded her way to the bathroom, having made the decision to shower before she began her manhunt.

*

Brendon was waking up slowly, as per usual. His eyes were refusing to open, afraid of the harsh light that was streaming in his room. He reached out to stretch…and promptly fell on the floor.

He pulled himself up, now completely awake. What the hell had he been doing on the couch? He stood up, and walked to the door that connected the bedroom part of the tiny suite and opened it a crack.

There was the reason.

Nikol had apparently crashed in their room last night. He remembered being frustrated with their jabbering, mostly feeling put off that Ryan was still handing out with Nikol while Dani and Brendon had parted ways when they got back to the hotel. He had started to fall asleep on the couch, with the hopes that Ryan would come get him once Nikol left. Apparently he was wrong on both counts.

He sat down on the couch, not wanting to wake either of them up. Ryan got cranky in the morning, and he didn’t know Nikol well enough to bother her. He wasn’t too fond of having to do this, because when he sat idle, his thoughts tended to wander, and his thoughts would inevitably land on Dani and his rash behaviour from the night before. That had kind of been a dumb move on his part…had he really just gone for it before he had been completely sure that she liked him? Of course, the feeling of the moment had been right, but he had a tendency to read things wrong (he was male after all).

He just had the suspicion that he had come on too strong and too fast, and was completely unsure of what to do about it. God, he hoped Ryan woke up soon, he really needed a shower.

*

Danielle emerged from the shower quite awhile later, haven taken a longer shower than she normally did. She stepped out of the bathroom moments later, towel-clad only, expecting to still be alone in her hotel room.

This turned out to be a false assumption. Somewhere in there, Nikol had returned and was now slumped on her bed, reading a book and looking rather sheepish.

“Well, well, well…” Dani said upon seeing her friend’s returned, “Where were you all night?”

“I fell asleep…” there was a pregnant pause, and Danielle looked at her expectantly, “In Ryan’s room,” she finished.

Danielle just stared at her in shock.

“What, no witty remarks?”

“No…I’m shocked”

“It wasn’t like that-” she started.

“I don’t doubt that,” Dani responded, eyebrows still raised.

Nikol went to continue her explanation, then back-pedalled, “Wait, what does that mean?”

Dani rolled her eyes, “It means that neither of you are the type of person to fall into bed with each other without some kind of courtship. Are you really getting butt hurt because I don’t think you’re a slut?”

Nikol flushed, “Well, in that case, thank you. Plus, our personality flaws aside, he has a girlfriend.”

“He does?” Dani pause to think, “Oh yea, her. Forgot about that.”

Nikol laughed, “I think that’s the general consensus. But anyway, I don’t know what happened, but suddenly we were having an amazing conversation, then we were back here, and he invited me up for food, so I ended up passing out there.”

“And that’s the short version of that story I take it?”

“Yes, because as they say: the devil’s in the details, and if I told you anymore, you would ridicule me endlessly for it.”

“Well actually, the devil’s in me, but yes, you’re right. Taunting you is almost as fun as my new found hobby of stealing Chris’ dumb ass hat.”

“I’m not sure about the first, but the second is definitely hilarious.”

“So while we’re being completely honest here, I did something really stupid last night…” she trailed off, not really wanting to confess this after thinking about it, and coming to the conclusion that he probably didn’t even remember, and she was being stupid by focusing on it so much.

“Was this before or after you made out with Brendon?”

Dani’s face dropped, “During actually. You saw that?”

“I think everyone did, you weren’t exactly being discreet. In fact, I think I have a pretty good picture on my phone,” she trailed again, moving to find said phone.

“Oh God, photographic evidence…Kill me now.”

“What’s wrong? I thought you really liked him?”

“I do, I just…well it had to have been a mistake, right? There’s no way he feels the same way.”

“You don’t know until you ask.”

“I don’t want to ask.”

“Well then, you can just live with the awkwardness that will be performing together and never talking, and thoughts of what could have been.”

“True,” she paused, thinking, “Fine, I’ll talk to him, but you have to promise me that I can try to break Ryan and Keltie up for you.”

Nik laughed, and rolled her eyes, “Sure, whatever, just talk to him okay?”

“Fine, as soon as we pack, I’ll find him and talk this out, okay?”

“Good girl,” she said like she was talking to a dog.

“Oh go fuck yourself.”

*

a/n-They have such a healthy relationship. It was very hard for me to write that long in a boy’s POV so don’t expect it often. I kinda suck at it if you couldn’t tell. And don’t forget to join my yahoo!group, which will let you know everytime I update! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/justfortheattention
Sign up to rate and review this story